What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We will beat ASU

1. Sounds to me like maybe you should of changed your thread title to "perhaps we will beat ASU" instead then. This is what you're banking on right? Serious question... If we have had so many easy ones (as you are suggesting) why would Colorado be the easy one we drop?

ASU is currently #1 in fewest penalties committed in the Pac-12. The lack of focus that resulted in those gutless/self-destructing performances hasn't shown this season except for about a 2 quarter stint against Missouri.

2. So you're banking on blind luck? This is true though- sometimes things just happen.

3. You're missing the point I was making in the prior message... Is Colorado better than any of them? Then the point isn't valid. Not to mention these weren't close wins. It wasn't like Utah, Illinois, or NAU hung in there with ASU and battled it out. We systematically crushed them. So trying to belittle ASU's current SOS is futile in trying to prove anything for you unless you're suggesting that CU is MUCH better than those teams that we obliterated on the field.

4. You didn't beat both of them you lost to Cal and you edged Utah by a field goal. You only had 3 wins last year... your best looking win was against UA (thank you for that). So if you're using how "competitive" you were against Utah and Cal last year as a barometer for success... how do you expect to be competitive against ASU when you weren't last year?

5. All I needed to hear. So what you're hoping for is a lot of luck and for ASU to completely crap the bed and help you win this game.

Good point on Tillman. I wasn't trying to rib you for that choice, but don't expect a Sun Devil to see PT and not say something.

Hey AssHat - If you thought I was really going to attempt to make a coherent and logical argument for why CU would beat ASU, you are more retarded than the average Devil fan. Stop wasting your time on other people's boards trying to convince us how we should be so astounded by your recent success. Erickson is a known cheater and he recruited at ASU like a MFer, just like he always has. He failed as a coach, astoundingly without puttting ASU on serious probation, and you brought in what looks like a great successor in the short term to get the most out of what was undisciplined but spectacular talent. Awesome for ASU.

See how Nebraska fans feel about Bo Pelini this year..... Enjoy it now while it lasts.

Let me explain since you're obviously not that bright, losses count as losses therefore CAL is 1-4 based on 4 losses, CU is 1-4 based on 4 losses. Ultimately you need to score more points than the other team for the game to count as a win. Are you following or are you still stuck on acceptable losses vs unacceptable losses. If you are, and you obviously are, I think a team that's loaded with freshman and isn't expected to do well should be cut a lot more slack than a team that's expected to contend for a division title but falls flat.

So in your world a loss to Ohio State on the road 35-27 is the same as a loss on the road to Fresno State 69-14. Or a loss on the road to USC 27-9 is the same thing as a loss at home to Sacramento State. Gotcha.

I guess this is probably how you justify our "improved" recruiting. In your alternate universe, a 5.5 rated 3* is the same thing as a 5.7 rated 3*. Hell, you think our 2/5 OL recruits are all bringing Texas "beef" apparently. You literally don't live in reality.

So in your world a loss to Ohio State on the road 35-27 is the same as a loss on the road to Fresno State 69-14. Or a loss on the road to USC 27-9 is the same thing as a loss at home to Sacramento State. Gotcha.

I guess this is probably how you justify our "improved" recruiting. In your alternate universe, a 5.5 rated 3* is the same thing as a 5.7 rated 3*. Hell, you think our 2/5 OL recruits are all bringing Texas "beef" apparently. You literally don't live in reality.

Sad new low that you need to put words into my mouth to have something to rebut. Even sadder your whole argument to is prove I don't "live in reality". The only thing you've proven is that you're a pessimist, your allegiance to this team is suspect and you're exactly the type of fan this University does not need.

Sad new low that you need to put words into my mouth to have something to rebut. Even sadder your whole argument to is prove I don't "live in reality". The only thing you've proven is that you're a pessimist, your allegiance to this team is suspect and you're exactly the type of fan this University does not need.

We really look like we're better than Utah, Nostradamus. You are laughable. Enjoy my neg rep.

Good stuff. Thanks for the neg rep, buddy. Good to know disagreeing with someone is grounds for neg rep.

Good stuff. Thanks for the neg rep, buddy. Good to know disagreeing with someone is grounds for neg rep.

You don't even need to disagree! Just pick a screen name that offends them and watch the negative reps come rolling in. All I've found here is pessimism. Won't even try to defend Embree again even though he's still building his program. Reality IS a HUGE issue here...

You don't even need to disagree! Just pick a screen name that offends them and watch the negative reps come rolling in. All I've found here is pessimism. Won't even try to defend Embree again even though he's still building his program. Reality IS a HUGE issue here...
What reality? We have zero business losing to CSU and Sac State, especially the ways we did. If we were keeping these games competitive against the mediocre to average teams (Fresno, Wazzu, and UCLA thus far) but still lost those but beat CSU and Sac State, I think the tone would be different, but you can't tell me we had any business losing to those two I listed earlier and getting beat by 55 by Fresno because they are no way in hell 55 points better than us nor is CSU or Sac State better than us, at least on paper. These coaches have gotten badly outcoached thus far (except Wazzu for a quarter when Leach made some critical errors) and are not showing progress (Embree's on pace to have a much worse record than Hawk did his first two years; 8-17 [2-10 and 6-7] compared to 4-14 [3-10 and 1-4]). Hawk, with a young team (yes the D was better) took the team to a bowl game in his second year with a tougher OOC schedule, we're nowhere near to getting to a bowl game this year. Yes Hawk also had a better roster in 2007, but I think our OOC offsets that to a extent. I was extremely optimistic last year and this year, well I now see why people are so pessimistic here. Our expectations haven't been met in god knows how long...

That and you chose the most hated coach since Fairbanks in the early 80's as your user name...

#IsItNovemberYet?

Picking that screen name and then complaining about how you're treated here is a little like wearing nothing but a thong to Chuck-E-Cheeze and then acting surprised when they ask you to leave. I mean, seriously?

What reality? We have zero business losing to CSU and Sac State, especially the ways we did. If we were keeping these games competitive against the mediocre to average teams (Fresno, Wazzu, and UCLA thus far) but still lost those but beat CSU and Sac State, I think the tone would be different, but you can't tell me we had any business losing to those two I listed earlier and getting beat by 55 by Fresno because they are no way in hell 55 points better than us nor is CSU or Sac State better than us, at least on paper. These coaches have gotten badly outcoached thus far (except Wazzu for a quarter when Leach made some critical errors) and are not showing progress (Embree's on pace to have a much worse record than Hawk did his first two years; 8-17 [2-10 and 6-7] compared to 4-14 [3-10 and 1-4]). Hawk, with a young team (yes the D was better) took the team to a bowl game in his second year with a tougher OOC schedule, we're nowhere near to getting to a bowl game this year. Yes Hawk also had a better roster in 2007, but I think our OOC offsets that to a extent. I was extremely optimistic last year and this year, well I now see why people are so pessimistic here. Our expectations haven't been met in god knows how long...

That and you chose the most hated coach since Fairbanks in the early 80's as your user name...

#IsItNovemberYet?

Touche! But I still don't understand the zero business losing to ANY Division I team. Why, because they're in a 'weaker conference.' I'll give you Sac St. as that one is unexcusable, but we by no means have we proved to be anything other than the 11 - 12 team in a 12 team conference. And sure the 55 loss stung, but so would a 20-21 loss to FSU since we have "zero business" losing to them??? An L is an L regardless and all I've preached here is patience as Embree is still growing into being a Head Coach. If we run him out, we'll have yet another Coach on the payroll which does hurt things moving forward. It directly affects the $$$ we can spend on the next one. And football has never been played on paper, that's why we watch! We were outcoached by CSU, but look at his contract compared to Embree's and you'll notice the $$$ we still pay Hawk directly affects what we can pay now.
As far as the user name, Coach Hawkins and Cody were very classy the way they handled everything when the hate was building in Boulder. Sad to think Cody's Parents were sceptical to walk out with him on Sr Day. That's just not how good fans treat anyone (good or bad) that tried to do the job they were hired for.

egads, yet another devolved into a giant dead donkey turd pile of suck.

We're gonna Polk.

gavurega.jpg
aty7a8yj.jpg
2u2u3e4a.jpg

Posting pix helps his NFL draft stock, right?

I dont understand how a guy goes from practicing all week, Embree stupidly addressing that we wouldn't have given up those 2 TDs if Polk is in and then he doesn't play.

Back