What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We won...let's enjoy it

I hope the best for MM and his family, and I know that they are going through a tough time with their elderly parents falling ill. But, you would never hear Nick Saban, Mark Dantonio, Urban Meyer, etc. say something like this. It reminds me of the Hawkins press conference in 2010, when he talked about a love letter his wife wrote for him to comfort him during his final season in Boulder.

MacIntyre has a lot of D!ck Vermeil in him.

I hope the best for MM and his family, and I know that they are going through a tough time with their elderly parents falling ill. But, you would never hear Nick Saban, Mark Dantonio, Urban Meyer, etc. say something like this. It reminds me of the Hawkins press conference in 2010, when he talked about a love letter his wife wrote for him to comfort him during his final season in Boulder.

Dude, ignorance must be bliss. Go look closer at Urban Meyer's coaching history and come back to me on if Urban Meyer would ever say something like this.

Dude, ignorance must be bliss. Go look closer at Urban Meyer's coaching history and come back to me on if Urban Meyer would ever say something like this.

Hell, Urban Meyer's wife just yelled at ESPN over a silly joke sign.

MacIntyre has a lot of D!ck Vermeil in him.
Which stands to reason, since Vermeil is a San Jose Spartan.

Seriously, though, Vermeil's win %age as a college HC was .750. Considering MM's win %age is .376, I'd be really excited if he could get it to match Vermeil's before he left CU. Hell, I'd settle for Vermeil's NFL win %age (.524).

On that note, I'd point out that OSU was MM's 69th game as HC.

Nice.

I have no problem with a grown ass man showing his emotion especially when it's legit. Had a coach very similar and we still talk to this day. Since my dad got sick, I've talked to him about everyday. I did everything that man ever coached me to do, he was really more than a coach to me. I probably don't respect anyone more than I do him. I'd bet Mac's players, some of them anyway, feel like that. Dude has your back, not much more to ask than that.

no, but only an ass would act like the family doesn't feel every bump the coach feels no matter his contract size. Sure, money is nice, I'm sure, but it also increases the scrutiny. Way to go full strawman, numb nuts.
For a man with Ron Swanson as his avatar, you are awfully sensitive and passive aggressive.

For a man with Ron Swanson as his avatar, you are awfully sensitive and passive aggressive.

He has also played for the Buffs and coached. I give his opinion on this type of stuff a lot of weight. This stuff and how to find a bargain when one goes antiquing. Pretty much just those 2 things. :D

I agree that coaching can be hard on a family, but I could name you many low paying jobs that are much harder. Macyntire earns roughly $2.5mm/year. We have won 2 conference games in 2.5 years. That equates to over $3mm per Conference win. You can buy a lot of antiques with that kind of money. Maybe you should be getting your antiquing advice from Mac's wife?

I agree that coaching can be hard on a family, but I could name you many low paying jobs that are much harder. Macyntire earns roughly $2.5mm/year. We have won 2 conference games in 2.5 years. That equates to over $3mm per Conference win. You can buy a lot of antiques with that kind of money. Maybe you should be getting your antiquing advice from Mac's wife?

Trust me when I say that I'm not crying a river here. There are pressures that go with a high profile job and public criticism that are simply part of it. So if you don't want to deal with that, you shouldn't do that job. And MacIntyre went into it with his eyes wider open than most since he's the son of a college football coach.

But I don't think he's all that motivated by money. I'm sure he likes and enjoys his money, but I also don't think he's rolling out of the rack worrying about what he makes relative to other P5 coaches (he's got an agent for that). And regardless of what you're being paid, it's got to wear on you when parents of yourself & your wife are having serious health issues and your son is having a surgery... and you can't be there as you're supposed to be as a son, husband and father. That is, if you care about such things. Some coaches could probably be diagnosed as narcissists and/or sociopaths and they don't care about such things.

Anyway, I don't think it's some big deal to criticize him over. He's dealing with a lot, he didn't choose to take a personal leave, and his team won this week. I think that given all that it's ok for him to admit that he's human. It's not like he used it as an excuse after a loss or anything like that.

OK internet tough guy, how's this, you were a dick, I called you on it. you don't like it and act like you know something you don't. Piss up a rope. There are legitimate things to hammer Mac for. Recruiting, playcalling, assistant coaches. Being happy that his family gets a week's reprieve from busybodies like you offering constructve advice for their husband/ father in the checkout line at King Soopers is not really that legitmate in the grand scheme.

Aggressive enough for you?

19559r9cqz2vejpg.jpg

Back