What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wear black, not blue!

Wrong! Who the hell is going to watch CU play A&M outside of College Station and Boulder this weekend?

What people will see is a highlight on ESPN where the announcer makes light of the fact that CU fans are wearing blue in some sort of protest. No one will get the true point.

Our opponents will just end up using it against us.

So you're worried about a twenty-second mention on Sportscenter? Really?

20 seconds on sportscenter that might last a lifetime...

Why would you put blue on to risk it?

Might last a lifetime? Do you always enjoy making such hyperbolic statements?

There are hundreds of college football games a year. There are hundreds of traditions/events a year. You're actually worried that a short blurb on Sportscenter will haunt the program forever? Wow.

Just wanted to make sure.

everyday, you seem like a decent person and a real fan of the buffs (rep delivered) but I have to admit I was on the fence about the whole blue out. Reading your posts has put me over the top though. I am definitely for it now. I sense an amount of fear in your post. Fear that the blue will reinforce the negative image that already surrounds our proud program. That led me to think about the times in my life when I to was scared. Times when I let fear rule me and keep me from achieving what I wanted to accomplish.

Then I realized, this blue out is Buff Nation collectively standing up and in a way facing our fear together. No one predicted this type of melt down at the beginning of the season. If you would have told me in August that our only two wins would be against Wyo and KU I would have laughed right in your face. But this is where we are. Now we have the choice of sticking our collective heads in the sand and keep towing the line, or we can shake up what we all hold dear. Maybe its just what the team and coaches need. Maybe they need to look up in those stands and see all of those blue shirts and face their own fears of failure.

The future looks very uncertain for our beloved Buffs. No matter where we are headed it is going to be a very long journey. Looking up at a sea of blue is a very stark reminder that to reach the mountain top, you've got to stay out of the valleys, brutha.

Might last a lifetime? Do you always enjoy making such hyperbolic statements?

There are hundreds of college football games a year. There are hundreds of traditions/events a year. You're actually worried that a short blurb on Sportscenter will haunt the program forever? Wow.

No. I'm worried about a kid who is choosing between CU and OSU, for example. And I'm worried about the fact that an opposing coach is going to use our blue gimmick against us. It's one thing for a few fans to show up with bags over their heads. It's another thing for an entire crowd to show up in powder blue because they are unhappy with the performance of their team.

It's never been done before. I can't think of such a case. Can you? Why isn't the fact that the AD knows we are unhappy, enough? That's how it orks everywhere else. Every see Nebraska fans abandon colors out of protest? Michigan, Texas, ...?

It might be a point of fodder against the CU program for a long time coming. Why risk it?

everyday, you seem like a decent person and a real fan of the buffs (rep delivered) but I have to admit I was on the fence about the whole blue out. Reading your posts has put me over the top though. I am definitely for it now. I sense an amount of fear in your post. Fear that the blue will reinforce the negative image that already surrounds our proud program. That led me to think about the times in my life when I to was scared. Times when I let fear rule me and keep me from achieving what I wanted to accomplish.

Then I realized, this blue out is Buff Nation collectively standing up and in a way facing our fear together. No one predicted this type of melt down at the beginning of the season. If you would have told me in August that our only two wins would be against Wyo and KU I would have laughed right in your face. But this is where we are. Now we have the choice of sticking our collective heads in the sand and keep towing the line, or we can shake up what we all hold dear. Maybe its just what the team and coaches need. Maybe they need to look up in those stands and see all of those blue shirts and face their own fears of failure.

The future looks very uncertain for our beloved Buffs. No matter where we are headed it is going to be a very long journey. Looking up at a sea of blue is a very stark reminder that to reach the mountain top, you've got to stay out of the valleys, brutha.

does anybody else hear "battle hymn of the republic" humming in the background?

No. I'm worried about a kid who is choosing between CU and OSU, for example. And I'm worried about the fact that an opposing coach is going to use our blue gimmick against us. It's one thing for a few fans to show up with bags over their heads. It's another thing for an entire crowd to show up in powder blue because they are unhappy with the performance of their team.

It's never been done before. I can't think of such a case. Can you? Why isn't the fact that the AD knows we are unhappy, enough? That's how it orks everywhere else. Every see Nebraska fans abandon colors out of protest? Michigan, Texas, ...?

It might be a point of fodder against the CU program for a long time coming. Why risk it?

"Look kid, these fans showed up to the game and cheered on the team in weird looking colors. They fired that coach after he had lost a lot of games in the end and you were not even born yet, but trust me, do not go there because of it..."

:smile:

Our colors are black and gold. Think about that for a moment, and the message that it sends by showing up in powder blue. Every time an opposing coach walks into a potential CU recruits door, he is can show them a picture of our lame butts sitting in powder blue, reminding him that CU fans will abandon him when times get rough.

Think twice before wearing a blue jersey this weekend and about the consequences it might bring. It's a nice gimmick, no doubt, but it is also something our opponents might use against us.

Wear black, not blue!

welcome to the board everydaybuff and I appreciate your passion but I can't fault people showing their anger by wearing blue at the game.. Talkins has been pathetic and its time the higher ups at CU understand that the fans won't settle for crap coaching anymore..

Stop worrying about potential recruits, start worrying about how far the administration will screw our program if they allow Talkins to hang around for another year..

END THE TALKINS ERA NOW!!!

recruit: gee coach....i'm kinda on the fence here. why should i choose osu over cu?

coach: they wear blue son...they wear blue...

recruit: doggonit coach...you're right. thanks for helping me see the light...

:rolleyes:

I don't care what you wear, if you are near Boulder Friday night, hope you'll be at the Pearl Street Stampede. A bunch of us old folks are making the trek because THAT supports the team to see fans out on the mall cheering them on.

Wear black, blue, silver, gold, or your hunter orange, I don't care, Just show up.

... and since I'm too old, cranky and obsolete to have a facebook account, tell the group I said to get their butts down to the Mall Friday and make it clear to the team that there is still a community of support for them.

"Look kid, these fans showed up to the game and cheered on the team in weird looking colors. They fired that coach after he had lost a lot of games in the end and you were not even born yet, but trust me, do not go there because of it..."

:smile:

Ok. I get your point. How long ago was it that Fairbanks coached, though?

One more thing - if you DO go to the Pearl Street Stampede and get your 600 friends in baby blue to do the same thing, they'll run THAT photo in Saturday's paper and promote the concept.

Ok. I get your point. How long ago was it that Fairbanks coached, though?

79-81 I believe..

I believe we actually kept the blue colors around until 84 and I think I read it was more of some jackass regent making the color switch more than Fairbanks.. I could be wrong on that though..

The blue colors are just symbolic of bad football during that era.. That's why people are protesting now because it reminds them of the bad football of that time..

Fans protest while I agree is kind of "gimmicky" like you said, it shows that fans are angry. I think its good for the program that higher ups see that there is geniune frustration out there..

Last edited:
79-81 I believe..

I believe we actually kept the blue colors around until 84 and I think I read it was more of some jackass regent making the color switch more than Fairbanks.. I could be wrong on that though..

The blue colors are just symbolic of bad football during that era.. That's why people are protesting now because it reminds them of the bad football of that time..

Fans protest while I agree is kind of "gimmicky" like you said, it shows that fans are angry. I think its good for the program that higher ups see that there is geniune frustration out there..

I agree. The frustration is great for all of us. And the higher ups apparently (I hope) know it. At least judging from media reports over the last few days.

I just don't understand why we have to rub the fact in by mocking our our team by wearing ugly colors from yesteryear.

First of all, those teams have never used a different color in their uniforms. Second, I don't want to base anything we do on whether another program does it. Except for winning, of course.

I agree. The frustration is great for all of us. And the higher ups apparently (I hope) know it. At least judging from media reports over the last few days.

I just don't understand why we have to rub the fact in by mocking our our team by wearing ugly colors from yesteryear.

To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men. - abraham lincoln

I understand that you feel that way, but these things take a life of their own.. Its going to be one home game, if Talkins is gone after the year it will forgotten quickly.. You are just going to have to deal with it this week.

I doubt any potential recruits will even be paying attention to the blue and our record and our bad football play reflects worse nationally than some fan protest that might get some pub from national outlets..

Besides, its nice to see that there are people out there that care and are willingly to do this.. It would be worse if no one cared and didn't show up..

We'll get through it.. :thumbsup:

I understand that you feel that way, but these things take a life of their own.. Its going to be one home game, if Talkins is gone after the year it will forgotten quickly.. You are just going to have to deal with it this week.

I doubt any potential recruits will even be paying attention to the blue and besides our record and our bad football play reflects worse nationally than some fan protest that might get some pub from national outlets..

Besides, its nice to see that there are people out there that care and are willingly to do this.. It would be worse if no one cared and didn't show up..

We'll get through it.. :thumbsup:

I hope so. And I sure hope it isn't used against us. I've watched a lot of sports all over the world, and I've never heard of such a protest before; a protest where fans abandon colors (especially in a sport where the passions and interests run as high as in college football).

Put a blue jersey and a black jersey in front of you this Saturday before the game. Choose the one that makes you feel the most proud and go with that one, I guess. If you choose blue, then I guess the protest is more important for the moment. I'm pretty sure I'll still wear black, though. Somehow I can't get myself to wear another color.

Wrong! Who the hell is going to watch CU play A&M outside of College Station and Boulder this weekend?

What people will see is a highlight on ESPN where the announcer makes light of the fact that CU fans are wearing blue in some sort of protest. No one will get the true point.

Our opponents will just end up using it against us.

There will be no highlights from this game on ESPN, I promise.:sad1:

I hope so. And I sure hope it isn't used against us. I've watched a lot of sports all over the world, and I've never heard of such a protest before; a protest where fans abandon colors (especially in a sport where the passions and interests run as high as in college football).

Put a blue jersey and a black jersey in front of you this Saturday before the game. Choose the one that makes you feel the most proud and go with that one, I guess. If you choose blue, then I guess the protest is more important for the moment. I'm pretty sure I'll still wear black, though. Somehow I can't get myself to wear another color.

I'll still have a gold CU shirt & hat on....just will have a powder blue jacket & pants on as well...no one is abandoning the school colors in any manner....just making a statement...i think you're thinking too much into this

I still don't even understand the argument that other teams will use it against us???? How might that be???

Because we are focusing the spotlight on ourselves, as fans, above the team that we root for. We place a heavy burden on our players by pointing out their poor play in such a unique manner, regardless of whether the coaches are to blame or not.

Opposing coaches might very well point out that CU fans are a selfish lot, willing to go to great lengths to prove the point that their team sucks.

Because we are focusing the spotlight on ourselves, as fans, above the team that we root for. We place a heavy burden on our players by pointing out their poor play in such a unique manner, regardless of whether the coaches are to blame or not.

Opposing coaches might very well point out that CU fans are a selfish lot, willing to go to great lengths to prove the point that their team sucks.

The players are big boys.. Once the game starts, they aren't going to care about what the fans are wearing in the stands..

I think you are getting yourself worked up over something that isn't that big of a deal.. Whether the fans wear pink, blue, black or go naked will have no bearing on the game or our image around the nation..

I understand that argument now....but I don't think it could ever be used on a recruit....if another team or coach were trying to cut CU down, a detailed analysis argument like this would never resonate with an 18 year old High school student.

What very much will resonate is that team or coach saying things like...."no winning season in 4 years", "last place in the Big 12", "players transferring and questioning the coach/leadership", "talent never sees the field", "we kicked their ass 4 years in a row" etc. etc.

The players are big boys.. Once the game starts, they aren't going to care about what the fans are wearing in the stands..

I think you are getting yourself worked up over something that isn't that big of a deal.. Whether the fans wear pink, blue, black or go naked will have no bearing on the game or our image around the nation..

i think the naked thing might get 20 seconds on sportscenter...

Back