What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Webb confirmed starter again

I think JE is actually playing this one right. If he named Wood the starter now Webb is done at CU. He would never again have the leadership he has displayed now and his confidence would be shot. And as much as I want to see Wood keep in mind he has never played a series. He might be terrible. So yes give Wood a chance and give him some time. But keeping Webb as the starter protects Webb and Wood. If Wood tears it up you all know JE isn't gonna pull him.

I think JE is actually playing this one right. If he named Wood the starter now Webb is done at CU. He would never again have the leadership he has displayed now and his confidence would be shot. And as much as I want to see Wood keep in mind he has never played a series. He might be terrible. So yes give Wood a chance and give him some time. But keeping Webb as the starter protects Webb and Wood. If Wood tears it up you all know JE isn't gonna pull him.
Agreed. Would like to see some bold change, but not gonna happen.

This makes a lot of sense.

Embree is now fighting for his coaching life at CU. I expect to see a lot of changes soon, if Saturday performance continues to be atrocious.

I do not agree. They benched Tyler Hanson last year and then brought him back (after a half). These players have to be mentally tough and handle a benching. If you are a coach and you start worrying about things like that you need to find a different job. To say that he would never have the leadership he has now is way overly dramatic...ditto for the confidence comment. QBs are benched all the time...Kordell was benched for Detmer at one time in his career against Minnesota, Pesavento was benched in favor of Ochs, Cody Hawkins got benched several times in his career as did Hansen. It comes with the territory.

Tyler was actually injured, conclusion I believe. Hirsch sucked so bad, the put Hansen back in.

TH had gotten a mild concussion the week before ASU, and Hirsch took most of the practice snaps. Hirsch played most of the 1st Q IIRC. Then TH came off the bench....

I disagree with the assertion that starting a new guy on the road is necessarily a bad thing. There will be a lot more pressure at home than there will be on the road. The natives are restless. The first sign of incompetence will result in a lot of nasty words showered upon the coaching staff from the stands at Folsom. In Fresno, they won't have to deal with that.

I disagree with the assertion that starting a new guy on the road is necessarily a bad thing. There will be a lot more pressure at home than there will be on the road. The natives are restless. The first sign of incompetence will result in a lot of nasty words showered upon the coaching staff from the stands at Folsom. In Fresno, they won't have to deal with that.
Isn't the pressure pretty much off this team now? Can't speak for others, but at least for me, my expectations are so low it would be impossible to disappoint.

I had a lot of faith in Coach Embree, but when you name a very very very bad QB as a starter in week 3, it's safe to say he needs to be let go ASAP

I had a lot of faith in Coach Embree, but when you name a very very very bad QB as a starter in week 3, it's safe to say he needs to be let go ASAP

Lol. I guess everyone is in for a rude awakening when (if) Wood doesn't look any better

cool story bro, way to change the subject. I'm the red because I said Webb is bad, then you got butt hurt. My assertion was correct, Webb is bad, have you been watching the games that i have? do you know we lost to SAC STATE last week? wake up

Last I checked Wood is playing this week

I hope Webb learns how to fake a play action this week. That was some of the most atrocious play action I've ever seen. Half the time he doesn't even extend the ball.

Edit: And yes, not every time do you extend the ball... but he's not even extending a hand. It seems like he just runs backward or half heartedly gestures towards the RB.

Last edited:
I hope Webb learns how to fake a play action this week. That was some of the most atrocious play action I've ever seen. Half the time he doesn't even extend the ball.

I'm glad he didn't extend the ball. Based on the radio broadcast, it sounded like the DL was on his ass as soon as the ball was snapped. If he had extended the ball, every other play would have been a fumble. :huh:

I'm glad he didn't extend the ball. Based on the radio broadcast, it sounded like the DL was on his ass as soon as the ball was snapped. If he had extended the ball, every other play would have been a fumble. :huh:
No, the DL was on his ass, especially on the rollouts, because he never extended the ball to sell the fake. He had time to make the fake, but almost never did. That means he turns around to a DL in his face cause they didn't follow the RB.

That's a big problem. Sign of a frazzled QB. Waiting to see the game come up on cubuffs.com though.

Lol. I guess everyone is in for a rude awakening when (if) Wood doesn't look any better

He probably won't, but at least we'll have seen what other options we have. It'll probably be like the early years of Tyler vs Cody. Cody sucks so we bring in Tyler, who brings something different to the game, but the end result will be the same.

Back