What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Webb gets the nod yet again

I don't agree that we shouldn't throw Wood in now. He has gotten limited snaps in a few games already. We are going to get blown out by every team we play so what's the difference.

Let the kid prepare for and get a start. Let's see how his preparation is. Let's see how he leads the team when it's his. Let's see how he bounces up after mistakes and sacks.

We know how Webb has reacted in all those situations and although he is a gamer, he is woefully undersized and under-talented to be a starting BCS QB.

Wood, on the other hand, has the raw tools and no experience. Let's change the latter ASAP.

I don't agree that we shouldn't throw Wood in now. He has gotten limited snaps in a few games already. We are going to get blown out by every team we play so what's the difference.

Let the kid prepare for and get a start. Let's see how his preparation is. Let's see how he leads the team when it's his. Let's see how he bounces up after mistakes and sacks.

We know how Webb has reacted in all those situations and although he is a gamer, he is woefully undersized and under-talented to be a starting BCS QB.

Wood, on the other hand, has the raw tools and no experience. Let's change the latter ASAP.

You lost me at the double negative...
images

Why wouldn't we want to start Wood against Oregon? Oregon's D is worse than SC's and Standford's so it seems like the Duck game is the best one to give him his first start. Based on how we moved the ball against SC we will put up points on the ducks so why not let Wood drive the bus?

The other aspect of why we should let Wood start is that the bar is low in this game. If he can't handle the pressure of starting a game we are sure to lose (nr 3 ranked opponent on the road), I don't see why we would then think he could handle the pressure of a game we could win?

1992 - he broke into the game in the 2nd half against Minnesota.

He then started the Oklahoma game a couple weeks later.
Thanks Lt... My memory is going with all that has happened in between i guess? Obviously yours is as sharp as ever. Thanks again. I still say throw some kids to the wolf, you never know...We might have a Collin Klein on the roster going unknown

Why wouldn't we want to start Wood against Oregon? Oregon's D is worse than SC's and Standford's so it seems like the Duck game is the best one to give him his first start. Based on how we moved the ball against SC we will put up points on the ducks so why not let Wood drive the bus?

The other aspect of why we should let Wood start is that the bar is low in this game. If he can't handle the pressure of starting a game we are sure to lose (nr 3 ranked opponent on the road), I don't see why we would then think he could handle the pressure of a game we could win?

You are underestimating the Oregon D this year. They embarrassed ASU after the first play and absolutely destroyed Arizona.

You are underestimating the Oregon D this year. They embarrassed ASU after the first play and absolutely destroyed Arizona.

USC's D is ranked 18th in the nation, Stanford's 24th, and Oregon's 29th.

Total Defense Ranking

I'm not saying we are going to win, I just think we will be more successful on O against the Ducks than we were/will be against SC and Furd. Especially in the second half when the ducks will have all their 2nd and 3rd stringer's playing.

Total Defense Ranking

I'm not saying we are going to win, I just think we will be more successful on O against the Ducks than we were/will be against SC and Furd. Especially in the second half when the ducks will have all their 2nd and 3rd stringer's playing.

Oregon is one of the top 10 hardest places in CFB to play at. I would guess that is more of a factor than D rankings. I would've started Wood weeks ago, but that's just me.

Total Defense Ranking

I didn't think you were saying we'd win but I still disagree about the Duck's D. I think their first team D stacks up against Furd or USC pretty easily this year. Just my opinion and we'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

If I was in charge (just for the remainder of the year) I would put Gorman or Moten at QB and just run the tripple-option. We're really lacking in the talent department so the most logical thing to do is to try and gain a schematic advantage of your opponent. It's worked for the service acadamies for decades. Presumably it would also bleed clock and reduce the time our terrible defense is on the field. Could also be deadly when first sprung out since our opponent wouldn't know it was coming and hadn't prepared and maybe hadn't seen it ever. Of course the most creative thought Embree has had since becoming coach was to wear a black shirt on gamedays.

If I was in charge (just for the remainder of the year) I would put Gorman or Moten at QB and just run the tripple-option. We're really lacking in the talent department so the most logical thing to do is to try and gain a schematic advantage of your opponent. It's worked for the service acadamies for decades. Presumably it would also bleed clock and reduce the time our terrible defense is on the field. Could also be deadly when first sprung out since our opponent wouldn't know it was coming and hadn't prepared and maybe hadn't seen it ever. Of course the most creative thought Embree has had since becoming coach was to wear a black shirt on gamedays.

Troll

Instigator...

But I'll bite, Schronk (sp?), Wood sucked each time he was in, especially against Fresno St, Hirsch just chucks the ball up when he is in.

As opposed to Webb, who really lit it up against Fresno St.? Wood's stats that game: 5/14, 47 yds, 2 ints. Webb's stats that game: 5/13, 85 yds, 1 td, 2 ints. These are equivalently crappy. When you're 1-6 and your starting QB just **** the bed with 3 interceptions and a fumble deep in the opponent's territory, then it is time to change starting QBs and try something else. Start Wood. Please.

Since we are ranked 124th(out of 124) in sacks allowed, Webb makes as good of a punching bag as any. Save the young prospects for when we have some sort of protection. Let Wood and Hirschmann weather the storm a bit and see if they handle it differently.

Dorman and Dillon can get snaps later.

Since we are ranked 124th(out of 124) in sacks allowed, Webb makes as good of a punching bag as any. Save the young prospects for when we have some sort of protection. Let Wood and Hirschmann weather the storm a bit and see if they handle it differently.

Dorman and Dillon can get snaps later.

We wouldn't be dead last in sacks allowed if we had a qb back there who had any sort of internal alarm clock. Webb thinks he should get 8 seconds to throw the ball on a 3 step drop with the defense telegraph a blitz.

Total Defense Ranking

Worth pointing out that from all we hear here (I'm a Duck hater who lives in Eugene) the defensive rankings are said to be skewed by how quickly the offense scores and how often the other team's offenses get a chance to have the ball (that, and the fact the Ducks have been putting in 2d string players at the start of the 2d quarter and 3d stringers in by the 3d quarter).

It's pretty well acknowledged that this is the best defense in Oregon history (for what THAT's worth...)

My wife's whole family went to Oregon State, and they are pretty convinced they are going to get absolutely DESTROYED by Oregon in Corvallis this year.

The good news, I suppose, is that while Chip Kelly will do everything he can to run up the score early, he seems to have a mercy rule in his heart (that, and he likes to play as many people on the team in a game as he can) so I bet he tries hard not to hang 80 on us.

Watch U of O's true freshman QB in this game. It is sickening how good he is. The sophomore he beat out for the job would start at almost any school in the country. Mariota is crazy good though...

Damn I hate those uniform-changing, Phil Knight bought, arrogant athletes Oregon brings in nowadays. Calling them "students" is like calling KSU's players "students".

...against Webb starting. Who would you start?
I've always enjoyed games where coaches bench a good player to give him a perspective of seeing someone else's attempts. Then, having that starter come in as a reliever. I wish Embree would consider this - not as an insult to Webb and his performance, but as a chance for a superior perspective after the opponent has displayed tendencies.

and if all we have to sell at this point is play time....bench him and let a young (not experienced) dude play.

Maybe this will be the week that he plays on Saturday like he does on Tuesday?

I've always enjoyed games where coaches bench a good player to give him a perspective of seeing someone else's attempts. Then, having that starter come in as a reliever. I wish Embree would consider this - not as an insult to Webb and his performance, but as a chance for a superior perspective after the opponent has displayed tendencies.
reminds me of cody and hansen or is it hansen and cody?

We wouldn't be dead last in sacks allowed if we had a qb back there who had any sort of internal alarm clock. Webb thinks he should get 8 seconds to throw the ball on a 3 step drop with the defense telegraph a blitz.

^^This^^

Not defending the terrible job the OL has done so far this year but Webb is responsible for a lot of the sacks.

He holds the ball to long, he doesn't go to his outlet reciever, when he does move from the pocket he as often as not runs into to pressure instead of away from it.

Some guys can do everything right in practice but not have it work when they are in games, I am seeing Webb as one of those guys.

In Webb's defense, I can't remember many times when our receivers created any separation, not to mention the OL play. That said, Webb doesn't look like the answer. I'm fairly certain we'll get destroyed by Oregon and hopefully next week Wood will start. I'd like to see him start a few games. Ultimately, I hope Dillon or Liufau are good enough to start next year.

In Webb's defense, I can't remember many times when our receivers created any separation, not to mention the OL play. That said, Webb doesn't look like the answer. I'm fairly certain we'll get destroyed by Oregon and hopefully next week Wood will start. I'd like to see him start a few games. Ultimately, I hope Dillon or Liufau are good enough to start next year.
then throw the ball away

Back