What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Webb Onboard

this has devolved into stoooooooooooooooopidity and madness.

essence of current argument in this thread: which qb who has never started a game for CU and each of which has some clear effing question marks will be most likely to immediately play like an all-american for CU?

candidates:

a transfer from effing kansas. kansas. he played ok, but really does that tell us anything meaningful? past performance is no guarantee of future success.
a transfer from effing texass who was buried so far on the depth chart that he couldn't see the game from his spot on the bench.
a legacy walk-on grandson kid with apparently modest physical skills.
a former walk-on who took like 2 snaps for us last year and who is hurt. again.
a true frosh.

let the debate continue!

Best post in the thread.

essence of current argument in this thread: which qb who has never started a game for CU and each of which has some clear effing question marks will be most likely to immediately play like an all-american for CU?

candidates:

a transfer from effing kansas. kansas. he played ok, but really does that tell us anything meaningful? past performance is no guarantee of future success.
a transfer from effing texass who was buried so far on the depth chart that he couldn't see the game from his spot on the bench.
a true frosh.

let the debate continue!
Dr. Samuel johnson's right about olson johnson's being right

hurrumph!!!

candidates:

a true frosh.

let the debate continue!

Conclusion: Liver is an asshole.

All I know is our qb situation is better than it has been. I think Wood ends up starting but I wouldnt be surprised to see Webb play, just my 2 cents. I dont know if Im right but didnt Webb start a game against us that we lost?

i remember one of my high school buddies, big OU fan, telling me after an OU scrimmage: "that Heupel guy sucks".

wasn't that long ago Kansas won a BCS bowl game and had a one loss season.

This team has more question marks than a teenage girl's Facebook post. Know what I mean????????????????????????

Anyway, besides RB, there isnt one position group without a ton of unknowns. I keep hearing about the OL being strong, but we've heard that crap for years and it hasn't been true, even with 2 future NFLers on the squad.

Please. Mac Brown has a record of success. He is one of the highest paid coaches in football. He wants to win games. He evaluated wood as the 4th string guy. Sounds pretty desperate to claim there was a conspiracy against connor wood.

Don't you remember all those Sims and Applewhite games where Applewhite would have to come off the bench to try and win the game? or when applewhite would build a lead and Sims come in and lose it????:huh:

Does it really take a great coach to be successful at Texas?? Do they have to work all that hard at recruiting? They have a top 5 recruiting class every year because every Texas 4* & 5* wants to play for the Horns. Not minimizing the hard work they do, but compared to other programs, it seems they have it pretty cherry down there in Austin.

Does it really take a great coach to be successful at Texas?? Do they have to work all that hard at recruiting? They have a top 5 recruiting class every year because every Texas 4* & 5* wants to play for the Horns. Not minimizing the hard work they do, but compared to other programs, it seems they have it pretty cherry down there in Austin.

David McWilliams and John Mackovic on lines 1 and 2....

yes, it still takes a good coach. Texas is not in a unique situation, schools like USC, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Florida, Alabama and LSU (among others) all pull elite talent almost every year. Then you have teams like Oklahoma State, Oregon, Nebraska, Virginia Tech and Miami that can pull it together pretty easy and make a run for it all (some of those schools might be in the top tier).

What is amazing is when a school like Texas wins 5 games in a season and 8 the next year. That should never happen if you are a good/great coach.

They are only 4 and 5 stars because they committed to Texas. Those same kids commit to CU and they only get 2 and 3 stars. Don't you know anything about the star system?

This thread has me very concerned for Sacky's well being...all this bridge jumping talk is making me nervous.

Don't remember hearing about him jumping last year with the OL recruiting - predict it won't happen this year either. Like suicide attempts, it's just a plea for help...

I agree. I just put Dillon in there since he was told he would get a shot (I guess I should have put Shrock, Hirsh and Dorman in there to be complete). A true freshman QB sounds like a disaster to me.

On the off chance Dillon were to win the job, I think it would be the most intriguing season in years. He would be winning a legit QB competition as a true frosh. There would be struggles for sure, but I am guessing there would be some fun moments too.

Like I have been saying for the past month, I am really thinking Dillon should see the field this season. If he is as good as advertised, it should not take very long for it to show.

On the off chance Dillon were to win the job, I think it would be the most intriguing season in years. He would be winning a legit QB competition as a true frosh. There would be struggles for sure, but I am guessing there would be some fun moments too.

Like I have been saying for the past month, I am really thinking Dillon should see the field this season. If he is as good as advertised, it should not take very long for it to show.

i know the ochs era ended badly, but when he first came in, he was pretty damned electric as a frosh. right up to the time when he started getting his noggin rattled... if dillon is the guy, it might be fun!

don't jump sack! ... at least not until i get the cameras set up.

@ azbuff: **** you! **** you! **** you, you ****ing ****-****! :woot:

If Dillon starts, that means Wood is a total bust. I guess I really don't want that to happen.

Ochs was fun to watch his freshman year (especially the game against Aggie!).

I'm just happy that we appear to have quality options at QB. It's been a while since that was the case. Are we loaded? No, but they all have some upside. And I trust Embo to run the competition and then play the guy who gives us the best chance to win.

Ochs was fun to watch his freshman year (especially the game against Aggie!).

I'm just happy that we appear to have quality options at QB. It's been a while since that was the case. Are we loaded? No, but they all have some upside. And I trust Embo to run the competition and then play the guy who gives us the best chance to win.

Of the 3, I think w should be able to find a competent starter. What I fear is QB by committee...

i know the ochs era ended badly, but when he first came in, he was pretty damned electric as a frosh. right up to the time when he started getting his noggin rattled... if dillon is the guy, it might be fun!

don't jump sack! ... at least not until i get the cameras set up.

@ azbuff: **** you! **** you! **** you, you ****ing ****-****! :woot:

Lulz. This is actually awesome when combined with your signature pic of Johnny Cash giving me the finger.

Speaking of Ochs. When he was a true frosh he was lighting it up in practice, everyone knew that he had by far the most talent of the QBs on the team but they did not want to put a true Frosh into the "fire". After the Team went 0-4 they decided to let Ochs play. I think the present staff wanted to see something similar out of Wood in practice.

Speaking of Ochs. When he was a true frosh he was lighting it up in practice, everyone knew that he had by far the most talent of the QBs on the team but they did not want to put a true Frosh into the "fire". After the Team went 0-4 they decided to let Ochs play. I think the present staff wanted to see something similar out of Wood in practice.

I'm secretly hoping the team says the same thing about Dillon when he shows up in August.

This thread has me very concerned for Sacky's well being...all this bridge jumping talk is making me nervous.

You're probably thinking something like this...

Royal-Gorge-Bridge-most-adventurous-bridge2.jpg

I'm pretty sure Sacky is talking about something like this...

Garden_Bridges_378.jpg

You're probably thinking something like this...

Royal-Gorge-Bridge-most-adventurous-bridge2.jpg

One of my good buddies was guiding down there and was pointing out the beautiful view of the bridge @1052' above, when he got to witness the last guy who jumped off of that bridge.

I've rafted through there. It's beautiful. Would go again. But yes, I'm thinking something more along the lines of this:

images

Back