What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wednesday Buff Bites - Buffs Win!

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Ash Jackson

colorado_logo.png
Buffs Win! - CU Buff women knock off No. 15 Oklahoma - Buffzone

Danielle Robinson won the race to 2,000 points. Brittany Spears and company got the last laugh. Just when it looked like the Colorado Buffaloes' season might spiral out of control, they walked off the Coors Events Center court on Wednesday night partying like it was 2003. The Buffs knocked off 16th-ranked Oklahoma 73-68 to top the Sooners for the first time since head coach Linda Lappe's playing days.

colorado_logo.png
Buffs Win! - Breaks finally go CU Buffs' way in win over Texas Tech - Buffzone

The Buffs were headed for another somber charter flight back to Boulder. Marcus Relphorde missed two dunks. Levi Knutson missed two key free throws. Cory Higgins was 3-for-11 from the field and fouled out with the game on the line. Alec Burks was 4-for-12 shooting with four fouls. And Texas Tech had turned a 14-point deficit in the first half into a four-point lead (51-47) with 11:38 remaining.
As the buzzer sounded, David Tairu missed a tough potential game-tying 3-pointer, and Colorado escaped West Texas with a 71-68 victory over the Red Raiders at United Spirit Arena. CU, which was in the same position on the final regulation possession of the 73-70 overtime loss to Texas A&M and 58-56 victory over Kansas State earlier this month, opted to play defense instead of foul.

"There's something about our team and three-point games. I don't know what it is, but we're in a bunch of them," first-year Buffs head coach Tad Boyle said. "I think our experience helped. I love winning the game on defense. I like not fouling, and we had talked about the possibility of fouling, but I said, 'If we're having a great defensive possession, let's play it out.'

colorado_logo.png
CU regents approve Buffs football coaches' $250,000-a-year contracts - Buffzone

The University of Colorado regents today voted to approve contracts for head football coach Jon Embree and offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy — both with base annual salary offers of $250,000 and the potential to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation and bonuses.

The resolution passed without any dissent during today's meeting on the Boulder campus. The measure spells out multi-year employment agreements for both coaches spanning March 1 to Jan. 11, 2016.

Embree's new contract does not call for him to be paid out anything if he's fired in his fourth or fifth seasons with the Buffs. When CU fired Dan Hawkins last year, after going 19-39 in five seasons, the coach was paid $2.1 million under his contract.

Buffs Win!

Originally posted by Ralphie Report
Click here to view the article.

Back