What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Welcome back to the Big Time.

Liver

modded mod
Club Member
Junta Member
oregon obviously exposed all the flaws we all knew were there.

now some folks will be talking about how classless they were for keeping their foot on the pedal.

here is why they did it:

1. style points for the playoffs. they have been told they are too soft for years. lanning is not soft. the guys he brought in are not soft.
2. heisman votes for nix. shadeur shot up the rankings and took a lot of spotlight. nix is elite and experienced and surrounded by a complete team. shadeur needs more help.
3. recruiting. we have been recruiting near the level of the elite programs. oregon had a lot of blue chips there and a bunch more watching on tv. the beat-down was about sending a recruiting message.
4. it was personal. lanning is a good coach and oregon is a very talented program. if we are going to bring the swag, we are going to have to back it up.

this is year 1 in a rebuilding project. i hate the way it went, but it proves we are back in the mix.

build on this. my only big regret is we don't have these ****ers on the schedule going forward to get some payback.

same problem we may have with usc.

better days are ahead.

This year:

1. Win most games.

2. Learn to handle spotlight & microscope.

3. Set stage for 2024 playoff run.

We are absolutely on track. Today was a learning experience on handling everything and being ready for everyone's best shot.

this is year 1 in a rebuilding project. i hate the way it went, but it proves we are back in the mix.

build on this. my only big regret is we don't have these ****ers on the schedule going forward to get some payback.

better days are ahead.

is Coach Prime someone who runs up the score? Just my opinion but It’s not a good look for the Oregon coach today.

I look forward to hearing Coach Prime’s comments in the press conference. More than that, I look forward to him continuing to use the portal and recruit to fill in the holes we have in our roster.

Agree that better days are ahead. we’re already experiencing better days than a year ago.

This year:

1. Win most games.

2. Learn to handle spotlight & microscope.

3. Set stage for 2024 playoff run.

We are absolutely on track. Today was a learning experience on handling everything and being ready for everyone's best shot.
Agreed, but the problem is next week.

Agreed, but the problem is next week.
Right. So next week, the progression is better focus & execution while bringing max intensity. Maybe they match that and out-talent us, and I know we can all live with that.

is Coach Prime someone who runs up the score? Just my opinion but It’s not a good look for the Oregon coach today.

I look forward to hearing Coach Prime’s comments in the press conference. More than that, I look forward to him continuing to use the portal and recruit to fill in the holes we have in our roster.

Agree that better days are ahead. we’re already experiencing better days than a year ago.
that's big boy football-- if uga has a chance to do that to bama, they do it. ... for all the reasons mentioned in my post. oregon is trying to take the next step up too and they are further along then we are. we are a nice cinderella story for sure. Coach Prime and staff are doing things right and getting us better, faster than we could have hoped. everyone we play is going to put a little extra hot sauce on it if they can.

Nix is not elite
the nfl scouts disagree.

they were better than we were and felt the need to show that to the world.

like i said before, the only shame for me is we won't get for sure payback any time soon against either oregon or usc.

when we finally got over on the fuskers after years and years of losing, it is a great ****ing feeling for hardcore fans like us.

we are now getting elite attention without all the elite ingredients for sustained success.

win 6 and bowl and it will be a super human turnaround from last year.

that's big boy football-- if uga has a chance to do that to bama, they do it. ... for all the reasons mentioned in my post. oregon is trying to take the next step up too and they are further along then we are. we are a nice cinderella story for sure. Coach Prime and staff are doing things right and getting us better, faster than we could have hoped. everyone we play is going to put a little extra hot sauce on it if they can.
I agree that certain teams do that to try to improve their resume for the CFP.

But the comments by their coach when we switched conferences wasn’t necessary in my opinion. And didn’t help when he reaffirmed those comments when asked this past week in his press conference

Nothing has changed. Absolutely nothing.
3 Idiots Reaction GIF by GrowthX

We’re 3-1 with two P5 wins and one loss to a top-10 team with unlimited resources and recruiting advantages on the road. I’m feeling pretty well ahead of schedule considering we already blew by expectations.

Couple areas of improvement:

1) Defense needs to learn how to tackle and show us they want it. So many plays where a 2-3 yard loss is actually an 8+ yard gain. They always fall forward on our defense. Need to play tough

2) Offensive line sucks: BoB likely on thin ice if this continues. Problems aren’t just talent, seems assignments and blocking schemes are lacking as well. Even just baseline aggression is lacking, don’t have the nastiness to them

3) Sean Lewis is a good OC, but he needs to work the middle of the field and be creative in run game/actually try to run. One dimensional play hurts. Shades of Chev in some of this telegraphed behind the LOS gameplanning

4) Need ILB talent, Hart isn’t going anywhere so hope for the best

5) Shedeur is at fault for some of these sacks, hope he can throw the ball away, Brady is the master of this so he can learn there

Overall well ahead of schedule. Need to get a few more wins and push hard for linemen in the portal this offseason and we’ll be looking solid next year.

Lose Big, Lose Small, Win Small, Win Big

#10 team on the road in game #4 of this process. This was after Prime said what is still needed (at least) a week or two ago. I think CU is on the right path, taking an L today may help with the rest of the season. Getting some new players out in the game may help gain confidence and competitiveness in practices.

We just need to look at what the Buffs were last year.

Buffs looked tired and "out of it" from the start. Three emotional weeks will do that.

@Buffnik is totally right about intensity and focus. There were a lot of stupid mistakes and bad plays. Maybe we couldn’t match up athletically yet but there is room to improve on being ready to meet the moment.

Prime absolutely will run up the score
And should. This isn’t a game for the timid or weak. Oregon should have gone further if they could. We’re not here to avoid hurt feelings. Our team got their dicks kicked in. Time to man up and get better. That’s it. No more questions you’re honor.

The hype got ahead of the actual progress but the progress has been incredible. There’s more to do. Keep going.

Scoring 42 points is not running up the score. Oregon did what a top 10 team should. Now we see if the resilience we've seen in-game can happen between games.

Yeah, Oregon didn't exactly let up, but they sure didn't pour it on, either. When Lanning was running his mouth at halftime, I was preparing for a 63-0 final or something.

I do think part of it was because Oregon's intensity started lagging and we kept fighting, but I felt like the Oregon game plan switched to "we're good with a 40 point win" mode right around the time Domineck went KState on Nix's head.

Back