What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We'LL be ranked tomorrow, right?

Poll Release: Oct 16
(###) Number of first place votes
RANKTEAMRECORDPOINTSPV RANK
1Alabama (60)7-01,5241
2Ohio State6-01,4572
3Michigan (1)6-01,3684
4Clemson7-01,3373
5Washington6-01,3045
6Texas A&M6-01,2186
7Louisville5-11,1687
8Nebraska6-01,03710
9Baylor6-01,02111
10Wisconsin4-29358
11Houston6-176613
12West Virginia5-074420
13Florida State5-273314
14Boise State6-069415
15Florida5-162618
16Oklahoma4-261219
17Arkansas5-258422
18Tennessee5-25509
19Utah6-147921
20Western Michigan7-028524
21Auburn4-227723
22North Carolina5-2254-
23Mississippi3-318812
24Navy4-116325
25LSU4-2123-
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

4 big 10 teams in the top 10?

See below...
Big 10 footprint has 13 voters...

IllinoisBob AsmussenChampaign News-GAzette
IndianaPete DiPrimioFort Wayne News-Sentinel
IndianaEric HansenSouth Bend Tribune
IowaMike HlasCedar Rapids Gazette
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Maryland/DCRob LongFox-1370 Radio
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
MichiganLisa ByingtonWLNS-TV Lansing
MichiganJohn NiyoThe Detroit News
MinnesotaMarcus FullerSt. Paul Pioneer Press
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
OhioKirk HerbstreitESPN/ABC
OhioDoug LesmerisesCleveland Plain Dealer
OhioMatt McCoyWTVN-AM
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
PennsylvaniaRay FittipaldoPittsburgh Tribune-Review
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
WisconsinTom MulhernWisconsin State Journal
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

16 of the 60 AP voters are in the SEC footprint...

AlabamaCecil HurtThe Tuscaloosa News
AlabamaJon SolomonThe Birmingham News
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
ArkansasTom MurphyArkansas Democrat-Gazette
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
FloridaBrett McMurphyAOLFanhouse
FloridaManny NavarroMiami Herald
FloridaDavid JonesFlorida Today
GeorgiaCole HarveyThe Macon Telegraph
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
KentuckyChip CosbyLexington Herald-Leader
LouisianaRandy RosettaThe Advocate
LouisianaGarland GillenWWL-TV Channel 4
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
MississippiKyle VeazeyThe Clarion-Ledger
MissouriMike DearmondThe Kansas City Star
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
South CarolinaTravis HaneyThe Charleston Post and Courier
TennesseeDave FosterWZTV-TV
TennesseeWes RuckerChattanooga Times-Free Press
TexasRobert CessnaBryan-College Station Eagle
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Pac 12 footprint has only 8 voters...

ArizonaDoug HallerThe Arizona Republic
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
CaliforniaScott WolfLos Angeles Daily News
CaliforniaRay RattoComcast SportsNet Bay Area
CaliforniaJon WilnerSan Jose Mercury News
ColoradoKyle RingoDaily Camera
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
OregonJohn HuntThe Oregonian
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
UtahWade DennistonLogan Herald-Journal
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
WashingtonBob CondottaThe Seattle Times
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I have no problem with CU not being ranked. Keeps the chip on their shoulder. I do have a problem with Ole Miss being in the top 25 though. Thats garbage.

Ole Miss is not even the most egregiously over-ranked SEC team. Florida is a top 15 team in both polls.:ROFLMAO:

That's just flat out bull****. They won 3 cupcake games to get to 3-0 and a #19 ranking. Then they lose to Tennessee and drop to #23. Barely beat unranked Vanderbilt by 7, don't play LSU and kill a terrible 2-4 Missouri team and that jumped them up EIGHT spots?!?! That's hysterical.

CU essentially 26 in polls. I'm okay with that because it will make winning at Stanford that much more motivating. But I believe we are better than 26.

Agreed. The rankings feel good but they're total garbage. Either way, I'm still just livid we didn't have sefo for USC. I know we could have beaten them, I hate feeling that way.

That's just flat out bull****. They won 3 cupcake games to get to 3-0 and a #19 ranking. Then they lose to Tennessee and drop to #23. Barely beat unranked Vanderbilt by 7, don't play LSU and kill a terrible 2-4 Missouri team and that jumped them up EIGHT spots?!?! That's hysterical.

An SEC team occupies 1/3 of the available spots in the TOP 25. More teams from the conference are ranked than there are teams not ranked. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

WE'RE # 26!!!! WOOOOOT!!

Seriously ... why give a **** at this point in the season? In-season polls are only slightly less full of bull**** than pre-season polls, which are entirely made out of bull****.

In the immortal words of the late Al Davis ... "just win baby." The rest will take care of itself.

WE'RE # 26!!!! WOOOOOT!!

Seriously ... why give a **** at this point in the season? In-season polls are only slightly less full of bull**** than pre-season polls, which are entirely made out of bull****.

In the immortal words of the late Al Davis ... "just win baby." The rest will take care of itself.

Yes and no. Does it mean anything tangible? Not at all. But it does help with perception and media attention, which is good for recruiting.

CFP polls come out after next week's games if I'm not mistaken. Crush Stanford at their place and the committee will have CU in the top 20. They don't tend to fall for this "Ole miss at 23" bull****.

Last edited:
Total garbage that Ole Miss is still in. They are getting more credit for SEC losses than teams in other conferences are getting for wins. SEC has EIGHT freaking teams in the coaches poll.
It's a complete travesty that all 14 are not in there. Must be a Yankee thing.

Kudos to them to having the sense to keep us ahead of VT (that loss to Cuse is far worse than anything we have) and Penn State (running up the score on Purdue didn't fool them). On the flip side, Nebraska remains overrated and someone needs to expose Florida and soon.

FWIW ... the latest ESPN PAC 12 Power Rankings.

This is nice:
3. Colorado (6-2, 4-1; No. 3 last week)
Coming off a bye, the Buffs should be well rested as they prepare to make a championship run. The surprise and novelty of their ascension has worn off: Colorado is legit and the rest of the conference knows it. The Buffaloes are home for three of their final four but close with Washington State and Utah -- a couple of games that could shake up the rankings in both divisions.

But then there's this:
9. UCLA (3-5, 1-4; No. 9 last week)
Coming off the bye week, the Bruins host Colorado on Thursday night. The big question is whether quarterback Josh Rosen will be available for UCLA, which has dropped three straight for the first time since the end of Jim Mora’s first season in 2012.

Funny ... I was under the apparently mistaken impression that the game was in Boulder. Silly me.

How does Ole Miss still have a single point in the coaches poll? Whoever gave them a point should have their vote taken away.

21st in the AP Pedo state and Western Micigan are somehow in front of us

Last edited:
The advanced stat rankings seem to mostly have us in the low teens which is a fairly significant difference from where we are ranked in the polls. It will be very interesting to see where the Playoff Committee places us on Tuesday.

Utah actually moved up a spot with the loss to Washington.

One thing I do know is that after Saturday things softened a lot with the teams ranked below the Top 4 in front of us. The path forward has a lot fewer roadblocks.

Back