What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, Spring ball starts today...

Duff Man

Club Member
Club Member
Junta Member
Any particular position battles you are looking forward to? Areas of concern?

With Geer's current situation, I gotta say TE has become the #1 question mark for me. We look awfully thin there now.

I don't think the loss of a TE is that big of a concern.

I don't expect the TE to be a big part of the offense. Not with all these wide receivers on the team now.

This friggin weather SUCKS! Thank god for the bubble. But the 10 day outlook only has a couple of days in the low 50's. :sad2:

This friggin weather SUCKS! Thank god for the bubble. But the 10 day outlook only has a couple of days in the low 50's. :sad2:

Luckily, there are not any practices from the 22nd through the 31st.:thumbsup:

I don't think the loss of a TE is that big of a concern.

I don't expect the TE to be a big part of the offense. Not with all these wide receivers on the team now.

I think TE will be important, but we have Deehan coming in, who should be an excellent receiving TE.

Yep pretty thin. I'm looking forward to see what transpires at db.

DB should be interesting. I want to see someone push Dykes for the starting SS job. Obviously, we need some guys to step up at CB as well. Hopefully McKay, Brown, and Smith are up to the challenge.

DB should be interesting. I want to see someone push Dykes for the starting SS job. Obviously, we need some guys to step up at CB as well. Hopefully McKay, Brown, and Smith are up to the challenge.

Well, I think jimmy smith will be one starter,coaches say brown is better suited a cb(jalil brown that is) and you have mckay and chapelle brown in the mix.

I agree,someone needs to push dykes, I thought it would be jalil but vaimourga, perkins and jonathan hawkins may be in the mix there.

I'm thinking both brown's start at cb and walters and dykes start at safety.I hope someone pushes dykes, he is good at stopping run but a bit weak in pass coverage.

Well, I think jimmy smith will be one starter,coaches say brown is better suited a cb(jalil brown that is) and you have mckay and chapelle brown in the mix.

I agree,someone needs to push dykes, I thought it would be jalil but vaimourga, perkins and jonathan hawkins may be in the mix there.

I'm thinking both brown's start at cb and walters and dykes start at safety.I hope someone pushes dykes, he is good at stopping run but a bit weak in pass coverage.

A top four of Jimmy Smith, Gardner McKay, Jalil Brown and Cha'pelle Brown wouldn't be too bad. Pretty good size there actually.

Safety is a bigger concern to me. We were torched when Walters missed time and I think Dykes is a huge liability in pass coverage. Would be nice to see Vaiomounga and Perkins both step up.

Where do Anthony Wright and Lamont Smith figure into all of this?

A top four of Jimmy Smith, Gardner McKay, Jalil Brown and Cha'pelle Brown wouldn't be too bad. Pretty good size there actually.

Safety is a bigger concern to me. We were torched when Walters missed time and I think Dykes is a huge liability in pass coverage. Would be nice to see Vaiomounga and Perkins both step up.

Where do Anthony Wright and Lamont Smith figure into all of this?

Wright may be the guy to take dykes spot.

We have real good size,jimmy is 6-2 195,jalil is 6-1-205 and wright is 6-0/6-1 185-190.

We have real good size,jimmy is 6-2 195,jalil is 6-1-205 and wright is 6-0/6-1 185-190.

We shall see. With both Walters and Dykes graduating after next season, we need some of the younger guys to be getting experience because going into 2009 with two completely unproven starters at safety would be bad news IMO.

I am interested in the O-line in general. O-line was improved last year in the running game, but pass protection did breakdown at times. With Miller having time under his belt now and having a healthy group going into spring this year, I want to see how this line moves forward.

I am expecting big steps from this group this year.

I'll be watching the d-line. We really need some guys on the ends to step it up this year. We also need some DTs to establish themselves so Hypo and Nicolas can get some breathers. It appeared that they really wore down as the season went on last season. JMHO.

I'll be watching the d-line. We really need some guys on the ends to step it up this year. We also need some DTs to establish themselves so Hypo and Nicolas can get some breathers. It appeared that they really wore down as the season went on last season. JMHO.

My radar and sonar are like tracotor beams on the de's this spring:smile2:

I am interested in the O-line in general. O-line was improved last year in the running game, but pass protection did breakdown at times. With Miller having time under his belt now and having a healthy group going into spring this year, I want to see how this line moves forward.

I am expecting big steps from this group this year.

Good call. Time to see who can step up for Maiava's vacant spot. If the line can gel early on, we could be looking at our best offense in many years.:thumbsup:

The kicking game is something i'm gonna watch. Dilallo was very inconsistent last year, along with Eberhart. I'm excited to see who takes the place kicking duties. I watched Goodman in High School, and think he can be a good but not great kicker here. He has a strong leg, but gets inconsistent sometimes. He is a great actor though, look for some flops on FG's

The kicking game is something i'm gonna watch. Dilallo was very inconsistent last year, along with Eberhart. I'm excited to see who takes the place kicking duties. I watched Goodman in High School, and think he can be a good but not great kicker here. He has a strong leg, but gets inconsistent sometimes. He is a great actor though, look for some flops on FG's

Very good point,diallo needs to start booming them kicks,fg's have cost the buffs but they've won a few over the years and some big ones with fg's.

We need someone who can consistently hit from 40 and in,big legs are great but we need consistency at the kicking spot.

Very good point,diallo needs to start booming them kicks,fg's have cost the buffs but they've won a few over the years and some big ones with fg's.

We need someone who can consistently hit from 40 and in,big legs are great but we need consistency at the kicking spot.

We were spoiled with Crosby. I thought Eberhardt did a good job for the most part

We were spoiled with Crosby. I thought Eberhardt did a good job for the most part

Yes,he made some big kicks but he seemed to always miss that first one.He had a bad game in the fsu game and some other misses but he won 2 big games too.

I too think Wright is a darkhorse to get that spot. Of course not based on what he's done (nada), just a hunch I guess.

Team/position meetings should have just started. Is anyone heading down today? I think I will when I get off work at 5:00 since every practice is open to the public a la the Daily Camera article. I can't find the link right now.

Yep pretty thin. I'm looking forward to see what transpires at db.

We're talking spaghetti stick:smile2: But in all seriousness, sans Geer I believe we don't have a TE who has played a down. CB is also inexperienced. Kicker is another position battle too.

Back