What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, Utah is starting to fill Nebraska's role quite nicely

Try living among them for a couple decades. No, on second thought don't. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. There coaches and players aren't any better than the fan base. They almost never give credit to the other team no matter how bad they lose. Coaches and players talk national championships in August. They say when they win it's because they're "living right on and off the field". They fabricate stories of players and families being drenched with cups of beer after the game (as if anyone is going to still have a full cup of beer left after a 4 hour game and then waste it on one of them).

Sounds familiar, a lot like a team on our eastern border we used to play.

Oh, please. Nobody has given CU that nickname. One likely-drunk dumbass using it in a poorly-written message board post is meaningless. It is fascinating to me how desperate some buffs are to fill the void Nebraska left in your bottomless chasm of hate. Some of you could find reasons to hate a puppy.

Littered all over the front page of BlockU, brotha. Sorry I didn't know that was the bandwagon fan site until you mentioned. My bad, whatever.

I will say just reading utefans, it was a much better site (content - NOT FORMAT - had nightmares aboutthat last night) and there was no "team to the east" there, and they did seem to be much more informed than BlockU.

Not trying to fill a bottomless chasm if hate (great term by the way, somewhat of an accurate description, actually) just stating what I read and pointing out how those guys seemed to push over some of their overwhelming hate of "the team to the south" toward us. Just sayin'

I think a couple were CU fans pretending to be Nebraska fans pretending to be UU fans pretending to be BYU fans pretending to be CU fans. OK, I have a headache now!

And a mustache, too.

Stache+zieak.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to say maybe this will be a rival one day, but people are trying way too hard to make it one. I personally have very little hatred to Utah. Their fans were very respectable and even the ones posting on this board have been classy. Beats the hell outta when we had to deal with the NU trolls on here before and after those games. Good way to end the season buffs and good luck Utah in the bowl game.

I have to say maybe this will be a rival one day, but people are trying way too hard to make it one. I personally have very little hatred to Utah. Their fans were very respectable and even the ones posting on this board have been classy. Beats the hell outta when we had to deal with the NU trolls on here before and after those games. Good way to end the season buffs and good luck Utah in the bowl game.
what about the fans throwing trash at our players for celebrating?

Ute fans are pretty clueless - I've never seen a group that boos constantly when their players get hit. Not sure if they had been playing flag football in the MWC or what, but we tackle here in BCS conferences. The majority of their fans are a mix of low football IQ with some patronizing thrown in. Utah needs to get used to this, because CU is going to ****ing own this series. We beat them on their turf while we were down, and we will certainly continue beating them in future years when we are vastly improved. Winning 10 games a year vs the MWC doesn't mean ****, welcome to the big leagues, Utes. They aren't rivals and likely never will be, but get used to this.

Last edited:
what about the fans throwing trash at our players for celebrating?

Or how about the 85 year old granny who finally made it to her first Buffs game only to get spat upon when she waved her black & gold pom pom?

Or how about the 85 year old granny who finally made it to her first Buffs game only to get spat upon when she waved her black & gold pom pom?

And then there's this:

We found Salt Lake City nice enough, and looked forward to a great day of
tailgating and Pac 12 football. We parked the RV together with
a few other CU boosters who had driven down for the game, but mostly
surrounded by Ute fans. We got there around 9 a.m. and
broke out the beer and brats, and stoked up the barbecue. I'd brought
my mutt Rusty, he was a 9-year-old Golden Retriever, a bit
gimpy from arthritis but friendly as all heck whose favorite thing in
the whole world was to go to football tailgaters. I'd dragged that
dog all over the country - to Texas A&M and Nebraska in '04; to K-State
in '05 and never had any bad experience with Rusty - he
was the type of dog that would melt even the hardest Husker, who'd he
greet with his favorite whiff frisbee in mouth.

Anyways, we were having a pretty good time at the tailgater, talking
it up with other Buff fans and even breaking out some cold
and icy ones for a few Ute fans who stopped by to chat and talk
about the big game.

It was mostly friendly stuff, except for one group of Ute fans in an
old yellow school bus who were directly to the right of my RV. From the
time they got there, I sensed there was trouble. There was six
or seven of them, two of them apparently female. They were pretty
loud and obnoxious from the beginning, blaring out what
sounded like the Osmonds or worse. The seemed to have showed up
drunk, and were drinking hard liquor, straight from the
bottle. Soon after they got there, Rusty wandered on over and the
biggest and meanest looking of the bunch (who they called
Tiny), with a big Ute logo tatooed his forehead, starts chasing
him off yelling "GET ON OUT HERE YA Gawdang Buffalo
DOG!!!! Except he didn't say "dang". He apparently didn't like the
fact that Rusty was wearing his favorite Buffalo doggie sweater.

Anyways, I just gathered up Rusty and we stayed to ourselves with
other Buff fans trying to keep as far from trouble as we could.
Pretty soon it was time to go to the game, and I did what I always do
with Rusty, I tied his tether to the RV, leaving him a bowl of
water and some food. I've regretted that decision a thousand times
since then, even though at the time I'd thought nothing of it.
The trouble makers in the school bus by then were ignoring us, having
been joined by other friends, and obviously intoxicated in
the extreme.

Of course we enjoyed the game, what with a Buff win and all, and
found Rice-Eccles to be an impressive stadium, even though the Ute
fans were as placid as Buff fans usually are. As we walked from the
stadium after the game and approached the RV I could see
right away that something was wrong. The Buffalo awning attached to
the RV and covering the picnic table had been knocked
over. I ran up to the RV calling Rusty’s name and to my horror saw
that Rusty wasn’t there. The only thing there was his leash
and empty collar.

I looked frantically around for old Rusty, calling his name and
asking anyone who would listen if they’d seen an old Golden
Retriever with a Buffalo sweater. No one had. I was nearly in tears
when I heard laughter and barking behind me. I turned around to
again face the Utes on the bus, who by then numbered 10-12 or so.
They were laughing, hollering and barking. I gathered my
courage and approached the group. Where’s my dog?? I demanded. All I
got back was laughter and barking, and the big ugly one
just took a big bite out the huge Turkey leg he had just grabbed off
the barbeque, dripping sauce all over his dirty Alex Smith
jersey. “We ain’t seen no damn dog,” someone said, provoking more
laughter and barking from the group. I was angry as hell,
looking at each of them eye to eye, trying to see in their faces what
they might have done with my Rusty.

“Hey mister,” one of them finally said, “you hungry?” “Want something
to eat?” I turned to look at the Ute fan minding the grill.
“We were doggone hungry, so we cooked something up!” The whole group
burst into howling laughter at that point, more than one
spitting up food or liquor, bowled over and slapping each other on
their backs. It was only then I realized where my Rusty had
gone. That wasn’t no turkey leg that Tiny was eating.

“You ate Rusty,” I said to the Ute fans.

Uttering that awful truth only sent the Utes into further laughter,
and I did the only thing I could do. I turned around and walked
back to the RV. I told the wife that Rusty was gone and there wasn’t
any point in looking for him. She could see I was upset and
started to protest but then looked in my eyes and saw that it was
true and that was that.

:angry2:

Last edited:
And then there's this:

:angry2:

:rofl: :rofl2: Rep to you for bringing Rusty along to the Pac-12 with us.

But it's not quite clear why a Ute would be wearing a Ricky Williams jersey. Maybe it should be Alex Smith or something?

:rofl: :rofl2: Rep to you for bringing Rusty along to the Pac-12 with us.

But it's not quite clear why a Ute would be wearing a Ricky Williams jersey. Maybe it should be Alex Smith or something?

:bang:

DAMN!!!

And here I thought I'd edited it thoroughly. :huh:

Thanks. :thumbsup:

If the dog had been in Michigan and Nebraska in '94 then he had to be at least 17 years old. Ole redneck Ute must have displaced his dentures chewing on a dogleg that old and tough.

If the dog had been in Michigan and Nebraska in '94 then he had to be at least 17 years old. Ole redneck Ute must have displaced his dentures chewing on a dogleg that old and tough.

:doh:

fixed :lol:

Last edited:
Done.

Any other editing suggestions? We're trying to get something going with the Mormon-lite fans here. :popcorn:

I suggest thinking independently instead of having the MSM think for you.

Utah is no Nebraska
Colorado is no BYU

There is nothing to hate here with the yewts.
Rumble in the Rockies? Really? That's a lame name for square state hate.
The Snow War or the Powder Keg are both better options.

The UCLA game had dozens of better story lines for the Buffs towards the development of a P12 rivalry. There are more CU fans in attendance in socal, a history with Tricky Ricky, EB & JE were formerly employed by the Bruins, and there are player story lines like JFly, Cobra Kai Maiava, and Paul Richardson that makes UCLA a better target for CU animosity. And the true powder blue kicked CU's butt.

A Utah-Colorado rivalry is contrived, like some seventeenth century Indian wedding. It's a forced wedding with an already married woman. The Utah fans are in a long term relationship with BYU, and three's a crowd. This deseret love/hate triangle will not satisfy the Buffs when a couple of Hollywood whores are available.

Besides, the Ute fans are mostly gracious and friendly, even in defeat.

Those damn Yoots pained Embree's daughter's bike red! RED FFS!

And second I hope we don't have a trophy for this game.

It's bad enough with the lambs. Trophies are lame, like the B1G.

I suggest thinking independently instead of having the MSM think for you.

Utah is no Nebraska
Colorado is no BYU

There is nothing to hate here with the yewts.
Rumble in the Rockies? Really? That's a lame name for square state hate.
The Snow War or the Powder Keg are both better options.

The UCLA game had dozens of better story lines for the Buffs towards the development of a P12 rivalry. There are more CU fans in attendance in socal, a history with Tricky Ricky, EB & JE were formerly employed by the Bruins, and there are player story lines like JFly, Cobra Kai Maiava, and Paul Richardson that makes UCLA a better target for CU animosity. And the true powder blue kicked CU's butt.

A Utah-Colorado rivalry is contrived, like some seventeenth century Indian wedding. It's a forced wedding with an already married woman. The Utah fans are in a long term relationship with BYU, and three's a crowd. This deseret love/hate triangle will not satisfy the Buffs when a couple of Hollywood whores are available.

Besides, the Ute fans are mostly gracious and friendly, even in defeat.

Bullsh*t. We are all @$$holes! We are simultaneously drunken heathens and self-righteous Mormons. Just consult with Wyoming fans and Madrassa in Provo fans and you will learn that. You must hate us! The powers that be have decreed that. Rivalries don't have to form naturally. They can be imposed overnight.

In all seriousness there is no rivalry...yet. There may be one in the future. Utah came out overconfindent and unprepared but Colorado took advantage of that. In fact you guys probably should have been up by about 24 at half if not for some fluky stuff. I can't get any bitterness at Colorado for that. I'm more pissed that my boys didn't seem to know what they were in for, and once they did it was way too late. I think early in the first half the Utes realized "oh sh*t, we're gonna lose" and CU realized 'we got these guys".

Back