What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Well, Utah is starting to fill Nebraska's role quite nicely

Explain why a rivalry with anybody is necessary? Whoever is next on the schedule should be the target.

The Huskers earned our hatred. The NU rivalry was born out of that hatred.

Without the hate, it's a hollow shell of a rivalry.

Utah or USC or whomever is going to have to do something meaningful and nasty to earn our hatred.

At this point, we're all in Uncle Larry Scott's exclusive club waiting collectively for the party to start in earnest and the new money to start rolling in.

I'm content to hate all of our new conference members equally...for now.

Why don't we let one develop naturally? Whether it be USC or UCLA or UW or anyone else in the conference.

Along with skiddy and scb, as I have said numerous times, I hate every ****ing school we play, and most we don't play. **** them all. Especially all of them.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

I can see it now. CU is going to have a color coded calendar next year noting the rival of the week. Hate them all. F**k them all!

Why did Mac waste his time using only Red and one day of the year?

I can see it now. CU is going to have a color coded calendar next year noting the rival of the week. Hate them all. F**k them all!

Why did Mac waste his time using only Red and one day of the year?

Obsess much?

FYI - Mac was five coaches and three conferences ago, back when Nebraska was an AAU member.

Good luck with the leaders (or is it legends?) division.

If hate is needed for a Rivalry just choose Oregon. It seems as though every other Pac-12 school hates the Ducks so why not hop on that bandwagon?

If hate is needed for a Rivalry just choose Oregon. It seems as though every other Pac-12 school hates the Ducks so why not hop on that bandwagon?

How can two schools that smoke so much pot hate eachother?

Special offer for you CD, our hate can be bought. For the low, low price of 1 billion dollars, Oregon would jump to the front of CU's hate parade.

How can two schools that smoke so much pot hate eachother?

Special offer for you CD, our hate can be bought. For the low, low price of 1 billion dollars, Oregon would jump to the front of CU's hate parade.

Pretty sure if Oregon gave CU 1 billion dollars the last thing you could ever do is hate the school lol. I will hop right on going out and making a few billion to get a rivalry started!

Pretty sure if Oregon gave CU 1 billion dollars the last thing you could ever do is hate the school lol. I will hop right on going out and making a few billion to get a rivalry started!

For $100 million we could feel a deep contempt for you guys....

It's hard to truly hate Donald Duck. I mean, c'mon. It's Donald freaking Duck.

I hate USC, bunch of pricks... and actually everyone in the Pac-12 hates USC. I have heard first hand how much each school hates USC lol.

That creepy ****er needs to put on some pants. Come on, you're making cartoons for kids, not responding to ads on Craigslist...

Have you ever noticed that he wears swim trunks when he goes swimming? That's really, really weird. He takes off his sailor shirt and puts on swim trunks if he's getting in the water - a natural habitat for a duck. Maybe you're on to something, here. He's kind of a creep.

Have you ever noticed that he wears swim trunks when he goes swimming? That's really, really weird. He takes off his sailor shirt and puts on swim trunks if he's getting in the water - a natural habitat for a duck. Maybe you're on to something, here. He's kind of a creep.
I think he's a total asshole.

Daisy, on the other hand... It's hard to hate Daisy Duck.

Daisy+Duck+Daisy_Duck.jpg

Until the Utes cost us a national championship, they won't become a rival. If they ever build their program to be a true national champion contender, and we then derail those plans, they won't understand what a true rivalry feels like.

Sure, we cost them a shot at the first PAC-12 Championship, but that's really pretty hollow - even if by some miracle they had beat the ducks, there still would have been an asterisk, because $C won the south on the field.

The reason we hate the nub's is because those assholes cost us an undivided mnc because Osborne was a piece of ****, and on the field they cost us a couple more shots at mnc's. And, as much as they hate to admit it, we cost them a couple shots at mnc's. The fact that the Big 8 Championship, and later Big 12 North "Champion" was decided by the CU/NU game for almost 20 years in a row also helped matters along too, but really it was the mnc's that were lost to each other that really fed the rivalry.

It's really hard to imagine a similar situation developing with the Utes. It's not a big stretch to imagine the same situation repeating though, if you substitute U$C for UU. If our program gets back to where it can be, there will definitely be times when a loss to CU ruins SC's perfect season, or a loss to SC ruins CU's perfect season. And, it's pretty easy to imagine there being long stretches where if a different team wins the CU/SC match up the P12 South champion is changed. If/when that happens, I think we'll see a true rivalry develop.

On the other hand, it's hard to imagine Lane Kiffen, or any other USC coach, being as big of a dick as Osborne was in 1990. It will be hard to ever hate anyone as much as the cornholers. **** you kNU.

Back