What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We're actually favorites vs Cal

The inconvenient reality about using Vegas and 5Dimes to justify your prediction when your team is favored is that you also should make the call against your team when the odds (and bookies) go the other way. Live by the math, die by the math.
Other than the CSU game I've pretty much gone with the Vegas ML this year. There's also other models that I have been using, all of which predicted a CU victory over Cal, which I have also been calling since before the season. Krom though, was lookingg at Cal in one way, and that is where I had the issue with his "logic", he also never responded to my post responding to his, which I find funny since he was so adamant that Cal's talent would triumph despite looking at nothing else and wondering why with all that talent they were 1-9, now 1-10.

Other than the CSU game I've pretty much gone with the Vegas ML this year. There's also other models that I have been using, all of which predicted a CU victory over Cal, which I have also been calling since before the season. Krom though, was lookingg at Cal in one way, and that is where I had the issue with his "logic", he also never responded to my post responding to his, which I find funny since he was so adamant that Cal's talent would triumph despite looking at nothing else and wondering why with all that talent they were 1-9, now 1-10.

What do these models say about this next game?

That USC wins. Vegas has us at a 7% chance to win (CU +1250 ML). I think that may be a little low with the weather but I don't see us winning this game.

Ouch. It'll take some serious Folsom magic to beat those odds.

Which post did I not respond to Twattro? Given the Buff's recent history, was it that unreasonable to think that we would lose to a team with more talent? What I didn't figure into my equation was that Vegas is always right and the Buffs never lose, especially at home to teams that have had more success on the recruiting trail. Kudos on your pick. You basically had a little better than a pick em and won. Now return to spanking your pud in front of the tube TV in your suite.

Which post did I not respond to Twattro? Given the Buff's recent history, was it that unreasonable to think that we would lose to a team with more talent? What I didn't figure into my equation was that Vegas is always right and the Buffs never lose, especially at home to teams that have had more success on the recruiting trail. Kudos on your pick. You basically had a little better than a pick em and won. Now return to spanking your pud in front of the tube TV in your suite.
Go ahead and read the prior page. It's really awesome that you only look at Cal in one way and don't dive any deeper into them and attempt to understand why a team with all that talent has a 1-10 record.

Go ahead and read the prior page. It's really awesome that you only look at Cal in one way and don't dive any deeper into them and attempt to understand why a team with all that talent has a 1-10 record.

Still not sure which post of yours required response from me Twattro. I made my prediction based on level of talent. Which wasn't all that unreasonable given recent performance vs teams that have recruited better. When was the last game the Buffs won in which they overcame a talent gap? Lousy guess on my part, big ****ing deal. Wasn't the first nor will it be the last. You had a slightly better than 50/50 chance seeing as the spread was -1 at kickoff. Good guess on your part. Congratulations. **** off!

Edit:
Neg repping me for being wrong a game prediction is bush league too. The Jerk Store called Twattro...

Last edited:
Still not sure which post of yours required response from me Twattro. I made my prediction based on level of talent. Which wasn't all that unreasonable given recent performance vs teams that have recruited better. When was the last game the Buffs won in which they overcame a talent gap? Lousy guess on my part, big ****ing deal. Wasn't the first nor will it be the last. You had a slightly better than 50/50 chance seeing as the spread was -1 at kickoff. Good guess on your part. Congratulations. **** off!

If you can't figure out which post I'm referring to then you're a dumbass, I posted a ****ing picture while quoting it. Ya know, the post where you talked only about how Cal has recruited 4* talent and I called bull**** and said that you were looking at them on only one level. Christ, it isn't hard to figure out.

If you can't figure out which post I'm referring to then you're a dumbass, I posted a ****ing picture while quoting it. Ya know, the post where you talked only about how Cal has recruited 4* talent and I called bull**** and said that you were looking at them on only one level. Christ, it isn't hard to figure out.

Twattro I fail to see why that post with the funny meme required a reply. Did you ask a question? Or just dig up my old posts in order to gloat? Sprout some nuts and grow up.

Twattro I fail to see why that post with the funny meme required a reply. Did you ask a question? Or just dig up my old posts in order to gloat? Sprout some nuts and grow up.

Just to point out that you were way off base and to get you to eat your crow. I find it funny you never responded to that one either.

Just to point out that you were way off base and to get you to eat your crow. I find it funny you never responded to that one either.

I already congratulated you on your edumacated guess. Stop looking for a hand job too. Your superior math skills won the day but reading comprehension is sorely lacking:

"Meh... won't be the last time I get it wrong either."

"Lousy guess on my part"

"Kudos on your pick"

I already congratulated you on your edumacated guess. Stop looking for a hand job too. Your superior math skills won the day but reading comprehension is sorely lacking:

"Meh... won't be the last time I get it wrong either."

"Lousy guess on my part"

"Kudos on your pick"

When I doubt, become a smartass...

If you could have actually had a real discussion about the game and why I fully I believed we would win I wouldn't care, but you had nothing to rebuttle other than being a smartass, so I figured I would rub it in and call you out.

Your play on words with my name is really cute by the way, almost high school level!

h3EA842AE

When I doubt, become a smartass...

If you could have actually had a real discussion about the game and why I fully I believed we would win I wouldn't care, but you had nothing to rebuttle other than being a smartass, so I figured I would rub it in and call you out.

Your play on words with my name is really cute by the way, almost high school level!

My prediction based on talent level was incorrect and I did not think all that unreasonable based on recent success vs teams with better recruiting classes. I certainly wasn't the only one based on some of the scores in the prediction thread. I cited recent recruiting rankings and player positions with rankings that were still on Cal's depth chart when you inquired about who was still playing out of those recruit classes. Clearly game showed 2 teams headed in opposite directions and I am very happy to let Cal have our place in the P12 basement. However you felt the need to beat your chest and gloat about your prediction which is why I refer to you as Twattro.

My prediction based on talent level was incorrect and I did not think all that unreasonable based on recent success vs teams with better recruiting classes. I certainly wasn't the only one based on some of the scores in the prediction thread. I cited recent recruiting rankings and player positions with rankings that were still on Cal's depth chart when you inquired about who was still playing out of those recruit classes. Clearly game showed 2 teams headed in opposite directions and I am very happy to let Cal have our place in the P12 basement. However you felt the need to beat your chest and gloat about your prediction which is why I refer to you as Twattro.
I understand the talent issue, and it was apparent at times, especially with Cal's RB's, I just took issue with you looking at it from a super shallow level, that's it. Cal does have more talent, hell they have more talent than most in the Pac 12 but when you're 1-9 with that talent and barely beat a FCS team there's a lot of things wrong going on with that football team, I was just trying to get to those issues. I'm gloating about it because my optimism has caused me to be wrong a whole lot the past three years, I need to celebrate every once in a while :lol:

Back