What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

We're for real....

Get real. One quarter against ISU isn't going to mean the difference in any games at all. In fact, given the situation we are in now, it's probably a good thing Gherke got a few snaps in against ISU. Chances of him seeing the field in a regular game just improved drastically.

Honestly, people. This narrative about Montez (and Gherke, for that matter) not getting enough playing time in the first two games is absolute rubbish.
Getting as much live action as possible can only help a young QB. Seems intuitively obvious.

talk about a reality check. that game sucked.
Uh...when our starting quarterback left the game it was 31-28. I'm not sure what you're talking about. We hung with the #4 team in the country and had the lead in the third quarter.

We need to take the gloves off Julmisse and Ento. Put Julmisse on offense and get him the ball. Those guys look dynamic to me.

If either can play QB or ILB then I agree with you. WR was not the problem yesterday.

FIFY. And yeah...not sure what he means. Healthy Sefo and even avg ST we'd have had a real shot at winning.

I'll go you one better. Regardless of the injury to Sefo or Diego, if we just have an average net punt of something like 36 yds/punt then we win that game by 2 or 3 TDs going away.

SIAP:
Barnett said on the radio that there was nothing wrong with the scheme on the punt that got blocked. Merely execution. Hopefully that gets fixed. The brown streak running down the back of our punters pants. Hopefully that gets Laundered.

ILBs flowing inside out on a sweep. Hopefully that gets fixed. ILBs covering TE on a shallow drag pattern. Hopefully that gets fixed. Maybe Falo. Olugbode played well.

I'd say prepare both Montez and Noyer to play this week against the duck. Drastic measures for desperate times. Macintyre's job depends on QB execution until Sefo gets back.

Never thought I'd say this but Sefo was absolutely awesome yesterday!!!!

Any talk of Noyer playing this season is ridiculous.

Yep. If it came down to it (like if Montez went down & Sefo couldn't play again this year), I'd rather try to win with our defense and having either Awini or J-Mac spelling Gehrke by running some sort of wildcat to move the ball. Noyer needs to keep that redshirt on.

Uh...when our starting quarterback left the game it was 31-28. I'm not sure what you're talking about. We hung with the #4 team in the country and had the lead in the third quarter.

specifically talking about losing sefo, mccartney, and the kicker in one game. hoping that we get well quickly. also talking about completely blowing a great lead and watching our special teams **** the bed spectacularly. also talking about watching our linebackers get completely abused on the edge after we lost derek.

yes, i am pleased we looked ok for awhile. but, i am over moral victories. losing sefo just took the air out of the team. i do think despite all the stuff i am pissed about, we could have won it maybe if sefo doesn't get hurt.

specifically talking about losing sefo, mccartney, and the kicker in one game. hoping that we get well quickly. also talking about completely blowing a great lead and watching our special teams **** the bed spectacularly. also talking about watching our linebackers get completely abused on the edge after we lost derek.

yes, i am pleased we looked ok for awhile. but, i am over moral victories. losing sefo just took the air out of the team. i do think despite all the stuff i am pissed about, we could have won it maybe if sefo doesn't get hurt.

I don't think we win with Sefo in there but I think it comes down to the wire. This week is gonna be a big test for the rest of the team if he can't be out there.

FIFY. And yeah...not sure what he means. Healthy Sefo and even avg ST we'd have had a real shot at winning.
Exactly. It's annoying to see claims we would have certainly won if bad things hadn't happened. Yes our chances would have been better, but everything shifts under different dynamics. All we know is what actually happened. Sefo was outstanding first quarter and opening of third. Seemed pass pressure was increasing with Montez - would that have happened to Sefo? Could he have thrown a pick-6? Fumbled? Thrown 3 more TDs? Yes any of the above could have happened. Would much much much rather have him running the offense, but assuming a repeat of Q1 is a little ridiculous.

Really wish Sefo were in top shape for Oregon, could have been fun. Anyway hope he's back very soon.

Any talk of Noyer playing this season is ridiculous.

Why? Is he that bad?

If he's better than Montez or if there is even a question then I think Mac burns the shirt to potentially save his job.

Stated another way, if Noyer is the best remaining option then what would motivate Mac to continue red-shirting him so that he could have 4 years of eligibility for the next head coach.

Absolutely have to have Sefo back this season. I think Montez will be fine, just not sure it is right now. I really hope this game didn't put doubt in this team, because they played a heck of a game until the special team mistakes and injuries.

Yep. If it came down to it (like if Montez went down & Sefo couldn't play again this year), I'd rather try to win with our defense and having either Awini or J-Mac spelling Gehrke by running some sort of wildcat to move the ball. Noyer needs to keep that redshirt on.
Yea, this is too far. Even if it did have merit as an idea, this staff is coaching for their jobs.

Short term >> long term.

Why? Is he that bad?

If he's better than Montez or if there is even a question then I think Mac burns the shirt to potentially save his job.

Stated another way, if Noyer is the best remaining option then what would motivate Mac to continue red-shirting him so that he could have 4 years of eligibility for the next head coach.
Montez has a year in the system. Noyer has some time with a book and probably zero reps with the two deep.

Back