What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

we're terrible

But keep in mind that Barnett was smart enough to go with what was going to win, he didn't have his QB's air it out all the time until he had Klatt back there. He knew he had talented RB's in Cortlen, Brown, Purify, and Calhoun and he stuck with what worked he didn't force his QB's to win games for him.

This I agree with. Barnett created an identity for his offenses, you knew what kind of offense you would see with his teams. With Hawk, you never know whether Scott will get 20 carries or Speedy will get 20 carries, or if we'll only have 60 yds rushing and go to the air 3/4s of the time.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but I don't think CU wins the Big 12 with Cody at QB, even on that 01 team. Pesavento may have been average, I'd still consider that better than Cody, who is below average.

None of the past qbs discussed could win the B12 with this team, and I think we would be 1-3 with any of them at the helm.

We can go in circles all day long, but at the end of the day we're 1-3 (1-4) and Cody is a part of that.

None of the past qbs discussed could win the B12 with this team, and I think we would be 1-3 with any of them at the helm.

Really? I don't the they'd win the big 12, but perhaps the North. Coaching is part of the issue as well. But I'd bet we could be 2-2, 3-1, maybe even 4-0 right now with a one of those pase QB's. JMO though.

If you look at CU's qbs since Barnett, who was more serviceable than Cody? Klatt is the only no-brainer, imo. Certainly not Hodge, Bjax, or Colvin. I would take him over Pesavento and Moschetti, who had much more talent surrounding them, though some might disagree. Ochs probably, if he was coachable.

To me, Hansen seems much like Moschetti physically, but I haven't seen the leadership that Moschetti deomonstrated in Hansen, and that was Moschetti's strongest attribute. I think the team responds better to Hawkins.

You have got to be kidding me. Moschetti was mobile and a much better QB than Hawkins. MM average almost 8 yards per passing attempt and had a 60% completion percentage. Ditto for Bobby P, Craig Ochs, - even Robert Hodge averaged over 7 yards per attempt. Cody is no where near MM, BP, JK or CO.

Back