What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

West Virginia to the Big 12?

And now yet another wrench has been thrown in the works. Apparently Louisville is making a late push. Actually had Senator McConnell reach out to his former peer OU's President Boren on behalf of taking Louisville instead.

It's interesting to watch these Big East schools fight for the last remaining spot on a very shaky life boat.

Just what UT needs to stroke their ego. Big East schools fighting to get into their fiefdom.
:popcorn:

If the Big East falls apart as a football conference, what happens to the basketball conference?

Wait, so how many teams are there in the Big 12 these days, anyhow? With the loss of A&M and Missouri, aren't they down to 8? Has TCU officially been granted membership? I need a scorecard.

Wait, so how many teams are there in the Big 12 these days, anyhow? With the loss of A&M and Missouri, aren't they down to 8? Has TCU officially been granted membership? I need a scorecard.

This^^^

I thought they needed to add like 2-3 schools just to be called a conference.

Is it TCU & someone (UL or WVU) that we are talking about to get to 10?

Big 8 + 1/2 SWC = Big 12
Big 12 - CU - NU = Big 12 -2
Big 12-2 - A&M = Big 12 ultra lite
Big 12 ultra lite + TCU = Big 12 -2 part II
Big 12 -2 part II - Mizzou = Big 12 ultra lite part II
Big 12 ultra lite part II + WVU = Big 12-2 part III

So with WVU, the conference in the southern center of the country would have 10 teams.

So with WVU, the conference in the southern center of the country would have 10 teams.

The problem for these guys, well OK, ONE of the problems for these guys, is that the BigLeast teams will not be available for the 2012 or 2013 seasons unless the BigLeast gives them a wavier. If Mizz leaves at the end of this season, then the Little10 is down to nine teams for the 2012 season which would allow ESPN/Fox to renegotiate their TV contracts downward.

The problem for these guys, well OK, ONE of the problems for these guys, is that the BigLeast teams will not be available for the 2012 or 2013 seasons unless the BigLeast gives them a wavier. If Mizz leaves at the end of this season, then the Little10 is down to nine teams for the 2012 season which would allow ESPN/Fox to renegotiate their TV contracts downward.

Nice Cal84! Source? This is rather huge and I'm all for f'ing the Little 10!

GO BEARS!

The Southern Center of 10 should just invite Boise as a football only member only and be done with it. I would enjoy seeing Boise go to a big boy conference and get the teeth smacked in.

I've seen this mentioned multiple places. The logic here is the same that drove Baylor to threaten (refuse to agree not to threaten) to sue A&M for leaving. Because A&M's loss would cause the B12 TV contracts to be renegotiated. Less conference games for the networks to choose from, conference unable to provide the networks with the contractually agreed upon content, blah, blah, blah.

So the story here in OK is that an offer was given to WVU - which WVU accepted. However, WVU is not able to join the Big 12 for a couple years.

Meanwhile, Louisville and a Kentucky senator have started lobbying for Louisville to be the conference's 10th member instead of WVU. This lobbying caused the Big 12 to pull back on their offer to WVU.

Apparently there is a lot of in-fighting within the Big 12 conference about whether to go to 10 or 12 teams. Oklahoma wants to go to 12 teams. Texas wants to stay at 10 teams. Oklahoma's 12 team scenario would all for both West Virginia and Louisville + one other team if Missouri leaves. Texas' 10 team scenario means the Big 12 can't add any teams right now - but could add one if Missouri left the conference.

Meanwhile there is apparently no timetable for Missouri to make a decision as to whether they are staying or going.

I'm hearing that mizzery won't go 'til 2013, because of the buyout. Kinda screws $ec scheduling.

It's sorta funny. "Hey WestVagina, you're invited" ....... "Oooooh, okay, we accept!" ...... "Uhm, wait a minute, you're uninvited." ...... "Huh?"

I'm hearing that mizzery won't go 'til 2013, because of the buyout. Kinda screws $ec scheduling.

You'd think that they'd invite WVU right away though just to start the BigLeast 24-27 month exit countdown. That way at least the window of time between Mizz leaving and WVU entering would be shorter. Does sort of give some credence to the Louisville and/or 10 vs. 12 infighting theories.

The B12 can't get out of it's own way. What a bunch of morons. Hilarious.

I want the Big 12-2-1-1+1 or more (maybe), to survive, albeit in the most screwed up and disreputable form, so we don't have to deal with all Texas slackjaws lookng for a home in the Pac. It's bad enough to have to dodge their sorry skiing asses on the slopes, I don't need them mucking up the Pac too.....

The Southern Center of 10 should just invite Boise as a football only member only and be done with it. I would enjoy seeing Boise go to a big boy conference and get the teeth smacked in.

Yeah, seeing them play UT and OU annually would put a damper on their postseason plans. Lots more mid-level bowls, lots fewer (if any) BCS invites.

The B12 can't get out of it's own way. What a bunch of morons. Hilarious.

They really can not. I have never seen so many members of a CONFERENCE looking out for themselves and only themselves. OU and UT are not at all afraid or ashamed to make the deals for the Big 12.

They really can not. I have never seen so many members of a CONFERENCE looking out for themselves and only themselves. OU and UT are not at all afraid or ashamed to make the deals for the Big 12.

When your self proclaimed big boy, UT, tells the old Big 12 we are looking out for us and we want LHN, unequal revenue sharing, conference offices on our doorstep, conference championship games should be UT home games, a UT lackey for a conference commissioner, etc., then everyone must look out for themselves. Once you jump out of the trust tree you can never climb back up.

I want the Big 12-2-1-1+1 or more (maybe), to survive, albeit in the most screwed up and disreputable form, so we don't have to deal with all Texas slackjaws lookng for a home in the Pac. It's bad enough to have to dodge their sorry skiing asses on the slopes, I don't need them mucking up the Pac too.....
There's nothing worse than hearing a bunch of drunk Texans singing "Deep in the Heart of Texas" in a parking lot at Keystone or Winter Park.
The only good part of Texas is Padre Island, and it's seperated from the rest of Texas by the Gulf of Mexico.

Back