What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What a great day & an awesom fonkin drive...

Probably going to date myself but what about Neo's up in Nederland. Is that even still around. I used to love driving up there during snow storms because I knew there wouldn't be a wait.

Love Rio, also Hacienda Colorado on 104th just outside of Boulder pretty tasty.

Rio is fine if you don't plan on eating anything. Loaded margs at a good price. But even their chips and salsa suck.

If I was looking for a good marg list, I'd go to Zolo's since it's got much better food.

Make sure you dress up real nice if you hit up Casa bonita

Seriously. They won't even let you in without a bolo tie and pair of nice polyester woven slacks.

Unless you plan on cliff diving, in which case shirtless is appropriate.

:lol: at Casa Bonita. Man, I love that place. It's so incredibly corny. The cliff diving "shows" are just a couple high school kids on a diving team. They have a "sound system", that is about three levels short of what you might get at a Jack in the Box drive through.

Oh, and don't miss Black Bart's cave!!!!

Thank God for the internet & youtube..Can't believe you would steer us wrong & send us to Casa bonita...For shame, for shame...

Dude... folks in the back looked like those old Garfield cats with their faces pressed to the windows. Course the ladies prolly looked like they were takin 1 in the 2 hole (TIITTH) for short..

ROFL...that is a very nice image...hmmm 40-65 crowd (ladies only) looking for some fun? I figure some on the board can figure something out while you hunt for those baggies. :smile2:

Seriously. They won't even let you in without a bolo tie and pair of nice polyester woven slacks.

Unless you plan on cliff diving, in which case shirtless is appropriate.

Hillarious joke to play on an unsuspecting friend from out of town by the way... "No seriously dude, its coat and tie"

Hillarious joke to play on an unsuspecting friend from out of town by the way... "No seriously dude, its coat and tie"

I would have thought that anybody reading it would realize it's a joke by both tone and subject matter. It appears as though I was wrong, in your case.

How could "bolo tie" and "polyester woven slacks" be taken seriously? Obviously not formal wear.

Rio is fine if you don't plan on eating anything. Loaded margs at a good price. But even their chips and salsa suck.

If I was looking for a good marg list, I'd go to Zolo's since it's got much better food.

I've never gotten the appeal of the Rio. The margaritas? Good, but not as cheap, potent or tasty as the ones at Efrains II, which also has better food. The food? Way overpriced. There are plenty of better options in Boulder; Zolo (mmm... boar tamales), like you mention, or even Casa Alvarez (which also sells kick ass Vamos Bufalos shirts). The fact that it's mexican on Pearl? Meh. I even think that Juanitas is better and cheaper. Zolo is a good recommendation, as is Chataqua dining hall for a low-key evening.

I would also recommend Southern Sun. I don't think that Mountain Sun is as good. KILLER beer and awesome food (if slightly hippie-fied). It would be great to see a bunch of "gawking rednecks" in that place.

Anyone from Dallas expecting good Mexican food in Boulder is just setting himself up for disappointment. The only Mexicans in Boulder are training for London 2012 and are capable of running a sub 2:15 marathon.

I'm telling you..better off staying in town and going hippy.

http://www.hookahhouse.net/drinks.htm#

Anyone from Dallas expecting good Mexican food in Boulder is just setting himself up for disappointment. The only Mexicans in Boulder are training for London 2012 and are capable of running a sub 2:15 marathon.

I'm telling you..better off staying in town and going hippy.

http://www.hookahhouse.net/drinks.htm#

We're from Dallas Ga... That's half way between Tallapoosa & Villa Rica.... we have a El Nopal & a Los Bravos run by Chinese...

Skiddy, they're from Dallas, GEORGIA not Texas

Oh poop. There isn't even a Taco Bell in Dallas, GA.

And please disregard all my advise about Ethiopian, Tibetan, and Tajikistani restaurants. That'd be like sending you down a double black diamond on your first day skiing. When you are ready, you will know.

So let me dial this down a bit:
Applebee's
1700 28th st, Boulder, CO 80301

Oh poop. There isn't even a Taco Bell in Dallas, GA.

And please disregard all my advise about Ethiopian, Tibetan, and Tajikistani restaurants. That'd be like sending you down a double black diamond on your first day skiing. When you are ready, you will know.

So let me dial this down a bit:
Applebee's
1700 28th st, Boulder, CO 80301

:lol:

Seriously, though, it might not be a bad idea for them to give Turley's a try. It's got a good bar, is authentic local food that's accessible, has a good Mexican food selection, and is a good mid-range price for a group. I just don't know about finding a table for 8 on a busy Friday night.

meh.. Made a list & gave the women the laptop, Maybe Rio or Chataqua. Who knows... IDGAS, LOL...

I gotta take a dump & go to the circle K for baggies... See y'all goobers after the game to say na na na or

give ya props. One thing I can say is y'all are top of the line. I've never visited out here but I'm gonna come

back & spend a week soon. What a beautiful part of the country y'all live in.... Props to y'all, you're good folks.

meh.. Made a list & gave the women the laptop, Maybe Rio or Chataqua. Who knows... IDGAS, LOL...

I gotta take a dump & go to the circle K for baggies... See y'all goobers after the game to say na na na or

give ya props. One thing I can say is y'all are top of the line. I've never visited out here but I'm gonna come

back & spend a week soon. What a beautiful part of the country y'all live in.... Props to y'all, you're good folks.

You know the piss bomb thing was made up by the 'holer fans, right? No need to carry around a poop baggie for retaliation purposes.

I know you guys don't want Pearl St tonight but at 7 p.m. is CU's Pearl St Stampede-
CU football team, band, the 1990 Championship Team- starts in front of Court House (Lazy Dog near by)
It's a cool thing to see. Juanita's is good Mexican food on West Pearl past the mall- It will be hella busy

If no Pearl then do Chataqua Dining Hall or Red Lion - for nice dinner

You know the piss bomb thing was made up by the 'holer fans, right? No need to carry around a poop baggie for retaliation purposes.

LOL... Hell no, We use zip loc baggies to sneak in Makers Mark.... If I gotta piss I'll go to the John...

Back