What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What a great day & an awesom fonkin drive...

I know you guys don't want Pearl St tonight but at 7 p.m. is CU's Pearl St Stampede-
CU football team, band, the 1990 Championship Team- starts in front of Court House (Lazy Dog near by)
It's a cool thing to see. Juanita's is good Mexican food on West Pearl past the mall- It will be hella busy

If no Pearl then do Chataqua Dining Hall or Red Lion - for nice dinner

Good call INTHEBUFF...We might do it... Thanks..

You know the piss bomb thing was made up by the 'holer fans, right? No need to carry around a poop baggie for retaliation purposes.

Silly Georgia fans. You get the baggies then you take the dump.

meh.. Made a list & gave the women the laptop, Maybe Rio or Chataqua. Who knows... IDGAS, LOL...

I gotta take a dump & go to the circle K for baggies... See y'all goobers after the game to say na na na or

back & spend a week soon. .... Props to y'all, you're good folks.

Be sure to leave the lady folks the URL to this thread, your username and your password.

The entertainment value would bump up a few more notches if a few of those ITTH Garfield faced southern gals were to take a look at your source material and provide some editorial commentary.

Oh yeah...Colorado is the nose pickin' capital of the world. That rarified dry air turns snot into cornflakes on day 2.

Best to add Carmex lip balm, Kerry lotion and KY jelly to the Circle K shopping list. Moist mucus membranes make everybody happy.

I would also recommend Southern Sun. I don't think that Mountain Sun is as good. KILLER beer and awesome food (if slightly hippie-fied). It would be great to see a bunch of "gawking rednecks" in that place.

Funny story about Southern Sun. There's a chain of places in Oregon called McMenimans. Couple of brothers who open bars all over the place usually in interesting old buildings that they have fixed up (e.g. - a funeral home). All of them have a very particular feel to them.

I was in Boulder this summer with an ultimate team from Oregon and a local told us to try Southern Sun. We walked in and I picked up the menu and it's a direct knock off of McMenimans right down to the font.

Funny story about Southern Sun. There's a chain of places in Oregon called McMenimans. Couple of brothers who open bars all over the place usually in interesting old buildings that they have fixed up (e.g. - a funeral home). All of them have a very particular feel to them.

I was in Boulder this summer with an ultimate team from Oregon and a local told us to try Southern Sun. We walked in and I picked up the menu and it's a direct knock off of McMenimans right down to the font.

Hmmm... I wonder if they are connected. And if not, who's older.

I actually think the Rio is a staple for out-of-towners. The food is definitely mediocre, the margs don't "taste" wonderful, but there is a reason for the limit.

My best friend came out from Mass last week and just wanted to go to the Rio. So we went for lunch on Blake, had two margs, lunch, and a damn good time.

Hmmm... I wonder if they are connected. And if not, who's older.

They are a direct knockoff of the Oregon place. The mtn sun guys worked for the dudes running thenmcmannwhatever operation, learned the business model, and brought it here. I love capitalism :smile2:

I remember my first Margs from the Rio.

OK, actually, I don't.

I remember being a guy who could run at will at sea level in Seattle who was huffing and puffing going up the stairs to a 3rd floor apartment of a local hawttie before praying to the porcelain goddess for my first trip to Denver.

Talk about humiliating. I respect the Margs, I respect the altitude, and I'm proud to be a REAL 'Dawg fan (UW) now living in the best state in our union.

Viva Colorado. Go 'Buffs. **** 'Hawk.

And Welcome Georgia fans. You've come to us at an exceptionally beautiful time of year. It's usually not like this. We usually live in 8 feet of snow with -30 degree temps as others have stated. We just try to not suffer to much.

We don't have Varsity hot dogs here...

I remember my first Margs from the Rio.

OK, actually, I don't.

I remember being a guy who could run at will at sea level in Seattle who was huffing and puffing going up the stairs to a 3rd floor apartment of a local hawttie before praying to the porcelain goddess for my first trip to Denver.

Talk about humiliating. I respect the Margs, I respect the altitude, and I'm proud to be a REAL 'Dawg fan (UW) now living in the best state in our union.

Viva Colorado. Go 'Buffs. **** 'Hawk.

And Welcome Georgia fans. You've come to us at an exceptionally beautiful time of year. It's usually not like this. We usually live in 8 feet of snow with -30 degree temps as others have stated. We just try to not suffer to much.

We don't have Varsity hot dogs here...

This would be a good time to tell you that he puked his guts out after his first Rio trip.

That's ok. I still married him.

There better not be any of that "fonkin" goin' on in dallas' hotel tonight!

There better not be any of that "fonkin" goin' on in dallas' hotel tonight!

Getcher nose outta these folks biznis. DBT.

These are adults on vacation in a hotel room full of Maker's Mark and ziplock baggies. Do the math. If they wanna fonk, let 'em fonk like spider monkeys on shore leave.

By the forth of July, there might be a little Jethro Estes, Norman Folsom and Rio Bonita added to the population of Paulding County Georgia, and that's a beautiful thing.

Reactions: DBT
Getcher nose outta these folks biznis. DBT.

These are adults on vacation in a hotel room full of Maker's Mark and ziplock baggies. Do the math. If they wanna fonk, let 'em fonk like spider monkeys on shore leave.

By the forth of July, there might be a little Jethro Estes, Norman Folsom and Rio Bonita added to the population of Paulding County Georgia, and that's a beautiful thing.

:rofl2:

If they are willing to drive as far as Casa Bonita they should instead drive to some some food that taste good and is made by people who know how to make it. My recomendation would be Taqueria Patzcuaro on 32nd in Denver (2616 W. 32nd) Definitely much better than the overpriced gringo plates at Hacienda Colorado (founded and run by two guys named Hayes and Schmidt).

If they are willing to drive as far as Casa Bonita they should instead drive to some some food that taste good and is made by people who know how to make it. My recomendation would be Taqueria Patzcuaro on 32nd in Denver (2616 W. 32nd) Definitely much better than the overpriced gringo plates at Hacienda Colorado (founded and run by two guys named Hayes and Schmidt).
I think you're too late. They are probably on their sopapillas right about now.

BTW, my wife and I went to Hacienda Colorado a while back. Never again. The food sucked and the service was worse. We made the mistake of going a little late and the wait staff seemed more interested in hurrying us to finish so they could go home.

I thought Hacienda Colorado sucked.

Hey dallas, maybe it's already been mentioned in this thread but if you go to a Mexican place be sure to get a plate that includes green chile, assuming you like spicy food or are willing to give it a try. The "Mexican" food in this part of the country is a joke compared to what you get out west. They have no clue what green chile is once you get east of Colorado. :sad2:

I think you're too late. They are probably on their sopapillas right about now.

BTW, my wife and I went to Hacienda Colorado a while back. Never again. The food sucked and the service was worse. We made the mistake of going a little late and the wait staff seemed more interested in hurrying us to finish so they could go home.

I have to admit that I am a bit spoiled. My wife and I have good friends here in Woodland Park that own a Mexican Resturaunt (Casa Grande.) They are from Zacatecas Mexico and the entire family was raised in the business. The husbands brothers also own resturaunts in other places in Colorado as well as other states. As a result we know what to order and get great food, Leo also mixes the best margaritas in existence.

What is really a killer is when we have been invited to their home for special occasions. Then they don't have to cook to meet the expectations of people from here, the wife makes the dishes that they had at home in Mexico that you would never see on a menu here, out of this world good and completely unexpected.

I have to admit that I am a bit spoiled. My wife and I have good friends here in Woodland Park that own a Mexican Resturaunt (Casa Grande.) They are from Zacatecas Mexico and the entire family was raised in the business. The husbands brothers also own resturaunts in other places in Colorado as well as other states. As a result we know what to order and get great food, Leo also mixes the best margaritas in existence.

What is really a killer is when we have been invited to their home for special occasions. Then they don't have to cook to meet the expectations of people from here, the wife makes the dishes that they had at home in Mexico that you would never see on a menu here, out of this world good and completely unexpected.

hmmmm...

just to clarify, you are saying that the expectations of people here are on the level of casa bonita?

hmmmm...

just to clarify, you are saying that the expectations of people here are on the level of casa bonita?

No, just that a resturaunt owned by a couple of business school buddies "looking to take advantage of the Mexican food trend" don't quite know as much about it as someone who grew up in Mexico and learned the business from the dish room up. The quote is from Hacienda Colorado's media package by the way.

There are actually a lot of good Mexican food places in Colorado, just not a lot of great ones.

And by the way, I have taken out of state guest to Casa Bonita just to entertain their kids. If you expect bad food as part of the deal, the rest of it is interesting enough to make it worth a visit occasionally.

Back