What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What a huge win for South Florida..

JimmyBuff

winning at Auburn.. I was shocked to see that.. Leavitt is building a good program down there.. 10 years from now South Florida might be bigger than FSU or Miami..They said during the game that they are the 9th largest school in the country (45,000) students. I had no idea they had that many kids going there..

Leavitt has had chances to go other places but has stayed at USF. you have to admire that some. also, from what i understand they are really spending money on facilities and such....making a commitment.

They should have won by more. Auburn's offense is pretty bad right now.

what does this say about k state? i thought it was a decent loss for them last week, but now i think auburn is just a mediocre team at best

It looks like there is alot of parity this season: Middle Tenn puts up 42 on Louisville; CSU plays Cal well after they thrashed ranked Tennessee; S Carolina beats GA (11); Wake plays Neb (16) well; Boise State has nothing against unranked UW; Fresno State loses to the Aggies in 3 OT; LA Tech nearly beats Hawaii (20). Won't even mention big blue or Auburn. This is why CFB is great. Also means the Buffs have no gimme games. Lets face it neither CSU or ASU are on the radar nationally......we can't take any game for granted.

but War Eagle does sort of suck...I never quite understood why the Auburn Tigers have an eagle as a mascot. Maybe there's a cool story behind it like Revellie and A&M, but War Eagle is still no Ralphie, UGA bulldog, or even Bevo.

but War Eagle does sort of suck...I never quite understood why the Auburn Tigers have an eagle as a mascot. Maybe there's a cool story behind it like Revellie and A&M, but War Eagle is still no Ralphie, UGA bulldog, or even Bevo.

I don't know the history or the traditions of War Eagle. Southern schools have more of that in their Pinky than the entire big 12 has combined. Anyway, I do quite vividly remember Bo Jackson and the Auburn teams of the 80s. They were the crem de le crem of college football and what Tuberville is doing is not justice to them.

BB. You know I was calling you out with that post. :smile2:

I don't know the history or the traditions of War Eagle. Southern schools have more of that in their Pinky than the entire big 12 has combined. Anyway, I do quite vividly remember Bo Jackson and the Auburn teams of the 80s. They were the crem de le crem of college football and what Tuberville is doing is not justice to them.

BB. You know I was calling you out with that post. :smile2:

Legend goes that a Confederate war vet had found an eagle on a battlefield and kept it for years after the war until 1892 when Auburn faced Georgia (oldest rivalry in the South) for the first time. The eagle broke free at some point and Auburn students started chanting "War Eagle" and the team ended up winning. The rest is history.

And I know you were calling me out Miami, asshole.:smile2: Oh well, they were lucky win last week-eventually you run out of luck. As long as they beat those ****ers from Tuscaloosa, it's all good.

And you might to check your facts on Tuberville. He is 71-30 with a SEC Championship/undefeated season on his resume. He is 16-8 against our biggest rivals and he has beaten Bama five straight times. It don't get much better than that.

Last edited:
**** you. The farmers are going to be put in their rightful place again this year.

Back