What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What assistants would you like to stay?

I'd like the new HC to have complete authority to keep whoever he wants and get rid of the rest.

I agree, and I think that will be the case. However, I think we can mostly agree that not every one of the current staff is a complete schlub.

Cabral, Ambrose, Hagan, Prince, and Kiesau. But, the new HC should be able to hire who he wants.

Duke said:
I think we all agree that Hagan, Riddle, Collins, Johnson and Bandison all need to be shown the exits. Above all of them though, Pittman needs to be dragged out of that place and shown some other career options. He is a horrible strength and conditioning trainer. Our players have horrible lifting technique, as evidenced by video and the number of joint injuries, are slower, sometimes weaker, and at times dont' have the endurance. I can't stand Pittman...

Couldn't agree more

If its a new HC, i.e., not Mac, you have to give them authority to do what they want. However, I would be very disappointed to see Cabral forced out.

I'd love to see Carbal stay but you have to wonder if he's ready for a different place after going through the last two coaching regimes.

I agree, and I think that will be the case. However, I think we can mostly agree that not every one of the current staff is a complete schlub.

No argument here. There are a few I would like to keep that have been mentioned by others, but I don't want to constrain the new coach like that.

Prince and cabral. Ambrose hasn't impressed me since the georgia game and this is with 2 supposed NFL cb's. The rest should be shown the door.

Prince and cabral. Ambrose hasn't impressed me since the georgia game and this is with 2 supposed NFL cb's.

To be fair to Ambrose, the injury to Perkins was huge and he has had to push a bunch of guys into playing time and they are learning on the job. Not sure how much you can gauge from this season when we have been decimated by injuries there.

EDIT: I'm not saying he should be a lock to stay either.

To be fair to Ambrose, the injury to Perkins was huge and he has had to push a bunch of guys into playing time and they are learning on the job. Not sure how much you can gauge from this season when we have been decimated by injuries there.

EDIT: I'm not saying he should be a lock to stay either.

Actually, a couple of nice points. Most would say the jury is still out on Ambrose but it's hard to tell. This is one group of players that really has been changed by injuries (3 nicklebacks and a safety).

I'm torn on this. I feel that continuity would be nice, Oregon has numerous Cabrals on their staff (people that have been there for like 20 years). On the other hand, the culture of losing needs to go. It's hard to tell how much the assistant coaches agreed or disagreed with stuff Hawk mandated, but at the end of the day their name is all over the last 5 years. Some should obviously be booted as soon as the new coach puts his name on the door: Collins, DJ, Riddle, Pittman. Some people seem to like Brandison, I'm not a huge fan. He did some nice things with young players, but his players don't get any better. He also is hardly a recruiting machine. Cases can be made for Hagan, Prince, Ambrose, Cabral, and Kiseau.

New coach gets full decision on everyone - but I wouldn't mind Cabral staying

Back