What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What changed since last week?

I thought the biggest difference this week vs. the previous 3 is that the kids were playing faster. Like they didn't have to think about what they are doing and just do it.

Im saying that if we had a shot a few years ago at him, I would have loved to have the Pirate in Boulder. That's a good point about the bowl games but what about the winning percentage part? Pretty big difference between them. No doubt there were some questionable calls at best on Saturday, though.

Im saying that if we had a shot a few years ago at him, I would have loved to have the Pirate in Boulder. That's a good point about the bowl games but what about the winning percentage part? Pretty big difference between them. No doubt there were some questionable calls at best on Saturday, though.

Dykes took over a program that was in far worse shape than what Leach had when he took over, Dykes didn't play as many Southeast Louisiana's and San Angelo Women's Correctional Facility. Is Leach a better coach than Dykes? Yeah, I'll admit that. But it doesn't make Leach "great". He had an easier situation than Dykes for many reasons.

In context Leach has not been as good as his record. He played weak OOC schedules followed by playing some conference teams that didn't have the depth and speed to keep us with the small but fast kids he picked up as leftovers in Texas recruiting. When it came down to it how was his record against the teams he had to beat to win the conference, OU, UT, even OSU? Not very good.

He will have major problems recruiting the guys he needs to Pullman and he would have had major problems recruiting to Boulder. I see him having major problems in the PAC. Teams know that they are going to have to face USC and Oregon and recruit as much speed on D as they can to balance that. Even the bad teams in the PAC (like we are right now) will match up better than he is used to and he won't get the talent to beat them.

In the end Leach may have been a big name hire for WSU but I don't see it ending well.

Leach's Summary:

SouthWinsLosses
OSU64
OU37
Baylor100
aTm73
Texas28
Total2822
Win %0.560

NorthWinsLosses
CU23
ISU31
KSU51
KU51
NU42
MU13
Total2011
Win %0.645

OOCWinsLosses
200222*Two BCS
200331*Two BCS
200421*TCU
200631*TCU
Total316
Win %0.838

Bowl GamesResult
ECUL
IowaL
ClemsonW
NavyW
CalW
BamaL
MinnesotaW
VirginiaW
MississippiL
Record5-4

Win % against BCS
WinsLossesWin %
Win % against non-AQ
WinsLossesWin %

Last edited:
Webb emerged as a team leader in the second half. It is damn tough to step in as a Jayhawk (total outsider) and truly gain the confidence of that locker room in short order. Add struggles individually and a line that did not have it's gate, the Buffs ship was rudderless. Webb battled through it last week and succeeded when the team needed him to.

Yes that was just one good game result and effort (minus the sacks), but now he has that shot to cement team confidence in him. Going into the WSU game I honestly did not see this happening. Take another step against UCLA Jordon and battle your ass off like last week! Keep us headed in the right direction....

Back