What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What changes will Cabral make in road game routine?

Del

Just curious? Seems obvious that whatever the hell we've been doing the past 4+ seasons under Hawk hasn't been working. What changes do you think Cabral makes as far as routine?

He tells them to **** the peaks & valleys and to play like it's the last game of the season with nothing to lose....pour your heart, tears, sweat, everything out there, and good things will happen

This is the last chance for these seniors to accomplish anything during their time here. Win the last game in Lincoln and give us scoreboard for the rest of time, an a lot will be forgiven. Good luck guys!

Streaks like this become a mental thing after a while, but I have no doubt that Cabral will have them fired up and ready to play, especially after winning the first 2 games under him.

Wonder if Cabral will revive the t-shirts again. Remember the ones that Mac had printed up before games back in '90?

My real wish is that we would show up in 90's replica away jerseys. Hell, I would even love it if we showed up in our home jerseys - the color contrast could work against NU's home jerseys. I don't want to ever see the Hawk era unis again.

Wonder if Cabral will revive the t-shirts again. Remember the ones that Mac had printed up before games back in '90?

My real wish is that we would show up in 90's replica away jerseys. Hell, I would even love it if we showed up in our home jerseys - the color contrast could work against NU's home jerseys. I don't want to ever see the Hawk era unis again.

that would be awesome... is that allowed per NCAA ?

He'll probably have the team watching 300 or braveheart instead of the usual " sound of music" flick.

that would be awesome... is that allowed per NCAA ?

As long as there's a color contrast, you can show up in any jersey you want to. If you don't use the designated road jerseys it's a 15 yard penalty on the opening kickoff. See USC/UCLA a couple years ago. USC wore their home jerseys at the Rose Bowl.

15 yarder plus loss of a timeout if I remember correctly.

Isn't it only a timeout that gets taken away and no penalty? I seem to recall that's what happened in the UCLA-USC game last year and since USC lost a timeout, then Rick agree to immediately call a timeout to even things out. But I don't recall any penalty for yardage being involved.

Isn't it only a timeout that gets taken away and no penalty? I seem to recall that's what happened in the UCLA-USC game last year and since USC lost a timeout, then Rick agree to immediately call a timeout to even things out. But I don't recall any penalty for yardage being involved.

Looks like the penalty was a timeout each half, 2 TOs. No yardage.

Penalty

It Seems as Carroll is willing to concede two Trojan timeouts during the USC vs. UCLA renewal on Saturday so his squad can wear their home jersey even though they are designated the visiting game for this tilt in the Rose Bowl. Of course, the NCAA has a rule that requires visiting teams to wear white, and the infraction could cost USC two timeouts—one per half.
The Pac-10 petitioned the NCAA though to allow teams to wear a jersey of any contrasting color with no penalty if they petition the conference. Looks like it could happen with no penalty if they make a simple phone call.

Rule Change

The NCAA Football Rules Committee has approved a change that will require opposing teams simply to wear jerseys of contrasting color. For more than 25 years, the rules required visitors to wear white -- quashing a tradition where USC and UCLA would both wear their home-color jerseys in the annual crosstown-rivalry game.

Looks like it's time to start a petition to get the Buffs to wear the all black on Friday :smile2:

Basically Cabral has to make sure the guys avoid freaking out when the first big mistake is made. If the last 15 years in Lincoln are any indication, we generally make at least one major mistake (i.e, pick sixes).

Here is the new rule for color v. color games from the NCAA:
2. If the home team wears colored jerseys, the visiting team may also wear
colored jerseys, if and only if the following conditions have been satisfied:
a. The home team has agreed in writing prior to the game; and
b. The conference of the home team certifies that the jersey of the visiting
team is of a contrasting color.
3. If on the kickoff at the start of each half, the visiting team wears a colored
jersey in violation of the conditions specified in Rule 1-4-3-a-2 (above), it is a
foul for unsportsmanlike conduct.
PENALTY: Administer as a dead-ball foul. 15 yards at the succeeding spot
following the kickoff. If the kickoff is returned for a touchdown, the penalty is
assessed either on the try or on the succeeding kickoff, at the option of the
home team. [S27]​
RATIONALE: Creates a process to allow the visiting team to wear colored jerseys
when the home team also wears colored jerseys.​
1-

" [FONT=Calibri, Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Don’t think we want to be without a timeout just to do this. It was suggested last week and I don’t think went anywhere. The home team does have to agree. If the home team doesn’t grant permission, it’s a 15 yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty at the start of each half."
From Dave Plati

I STILL THINK WE SHOULD DO THIS!!!
[/FONT]

But even if the home doesn't agree and the visitor is willing to deal with the penalty, before all this can happen the conference first needs to agree that the jerseys are a contrasting color. That's how I read it. Black is contrasting to red so I wouldn't think that would be a problem, but I would also think there's a required lead-time to submit this request to the conference.

Never saw that from Plati. Guess it is good then that maybe they have contemplated it.

Regardless, I wish we had an alternative to the Hawk era unis. Hope I never have to see them again.

As we depart the Big 12, I think it is appropriate to give Mac some props. He wanted to model CU football to Nebraska, to set the bar that high. That is a great compliment! NU is excellence and some day CU may achieve that goal. CU fans should really understand that you will be doormats in the PAC for at least 5 years. Good you got rid of Hawk, but you will flounder with the next coaching change and recruiting. Big Red kicks buff ass on Friday. You will not admit it, but in your heart you are afraid of it, very afraid. Adios rodents. Next year we play true opponents who will test us. Competing with you and the other Jucos in Kansas, Iowa and Missouri has been fun. Write if you get a chance.

Just curious? Seems obvious that whatever the hell we've been doing the past 4+ seasons under Hawk hasn't been working. What changes do you think Cabral makes as far as routine?

For one thing, they are focused on the game, and have distractions at a minimum.

Back