What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What channel CU/UA for DirecTV?

2002Buff

I see every other PAC team playing games and I live in Denver. The local team no, I am yet to see a game other than CSU.

Trying to log in online with a valid login and it tells me that we need to buy the PAC12 subscription. Buddy is paying $189 a month for this and we can't watch the game with the same subscription we have been using. I think I am about done with this school, the program and especially the PAC 12. Can't wait till they come asking for my donation next year. Going to go spend that on some more Broncos tickets since CU doesn't seem to want me watching their games.

DirecTV will not be carrying the Pac.

They also no longer carry ABC in Colorado Springs.

Switch providers if you haven't already.

DirecTV will not be carrying the Pac.

They also no longer carry ABC in Colorado Springs.

Switch providers if you haven't already.

Bull****! Every other team in the PAC is on DTV today. I tried to switch back to Comcast a few months ago but I couldn't get a human on the damn phone after 2 calls to them that lasted about 20 minutes a piece. My problem with Comcast years ago was their ****ty customer service and I see that it has only got worse since I left for DTV. I ended up calling them back and was talking to a person within 30 seconds and they gave me a far better deal than anything on Comcast's website. Plus my internet through CenturyLink is twice as fast as it was two months ago with Comcast. No way in HELL I go back to Comcast. My buddy is paying $181 a month for Comcast and we can't get into the PAC internet stuff for some reason. Worked so far this season every time. If this is the way CU is wanting things to go, then we are going in different directions.

Bull****! Every other team in the PAC is on DTV today. I tried to switch back to Comcast a few months ago but I couldn't get a human on the damn phone after 2 calls to them that lasted about 20 minutes a piece. My problem with Comcast years ago was their ****ty customer service and I see that it has only got worse since I left for DTV. I ended up calling them back and was talking to a person within 30 seconds and they gave me a far better deal than anything on Comcast's website. Plus my internet through CenturyLink is twice as fast as it was two months ago with Comcast. No way in HELL I go back to Comcast. My buddy is paying $181 a month for Comcast and we can't get into the PAC internet stuff for some reason. Worked so far this season every time. If this is the way CU is wanting things to go, then we are going in different directions.

You understand that CU is not responsible for determining who carries their games or what distribution deals the Pac-12 Net has, right?

And you could always switch to Dish Network, get Pac-12 Net and still avoid Comcast...

You understand that CU is not responsible for determining who carries their games or what distribution deals the Pac-12 Net has, right?

And you could always switch to Dish Network, get Pac-12 Net and still avoid Comcast...

Yeah, ive heard that line since the big12 started. CU isn't responsible, its the contract... Yeah yeah, well here is the truth. In the last year I have gone from long time season ticket holder and someone who donates to the school for more than just football stuff, to today, someone who doesn't give a **** anymore. **** em! If their contract with the PAC is so good, then they can do without this alumn and fan being involved. When there is no one left at the games and no one watching on TV, at least they will still have their contract. Bye, I'm done!

Yeah, ive heard that line since the big12 started. CU isn't responsible, its the contract... Yeah yeah, well here is the truth. In the last year I have gone from long time season ticket holder and someone who donates to the school for more than just football stuff, to today, someone who doesn't give a **** anymore. **** em! If their contract with the PAC is so good, then they can do without this alumn and fan being involved. When there is no one left at the games and no one watching on TV, at least they will still have their contract. Bye, I'm done!

See ya!

Not sure what you want them to do? Go to the Mountain West and put their games on Channel 20 locally? For $15 million a year less or so?

What comes with having a ****ty team comes with ****ty game times on channels that some people don't have.

What comes with having a ****ty team comes with ****ty game times on channels that some people don't have.

This. Stop being a **** program and we'll be on ABC and ESPN. I'm a direct recipient of our suckitude and I'm forced to stream. We deserve what we get. Frankly we shouldn't be on TV anywhere until we get our **** together. But not donating just furthers CU being **** and being on channels like this. Go feel like a big shot taking your little $100 elsewhere, 2002.

Last edited:
I'll take the Buffs over DTV any day, even in this dilapidated state of being, seen every game and I like the Pac coverage.

have fun with Dtv, but quit looking for the Buffs on there, at least not for a few more years

Just about anyone could get Pac 12 net if they were willing to switch providers. Unless you live in an area that doesn't get it on the local cable and cannot get a satellite due to positioning issues, you can get the Pac 12 network.

So many people blame Larry Scott, the Pac, and then CU for the Pac net not being on DTV, but I put as much blame on the fans of all the pac schools. If the fans would actually leave DTV rather than take all the freebies they offer to stay, then maybe the Pac would have more bargaining power.

I've watched every game this year on a stream on my ipad. He'll, I've even connected the laptop to the TV for an HD stream.

Bull****!

It may suck that CU is not on more Primetime games. The fact of the matter is that the Pac-12 network will be significantly increasing revenues for all Pac schools. If you're a fan of college sports DirecTV is not a good carrier.

I cannot speak to Comcast, I've only had them for internet. I dumped DirecTV for DISH after 14 years with them and haven't been happier with a provider. Better technology, more channels and less expensive. Best of all, no more missed college sports.

All carriers will be picking fights with distribution for certain channels moving. DirecTV has singled out the Pac Network for whatever reason as a channel they will not be carrying in the near future. If you like DirecTV keep 'em. If you want to see college football and basketball (at least Pac teams) and other sports you have to leave them. It's too bad they don't carry it, but it is what it is.

Just about anyone could get Pac 12 net if they were willing to switch providers. Unless you live in an area that doesn't get it on the local cable and cannot get a satellite due to positioning issues, you can get the Pac 12 network.

So many people blame Larry Scott, the Pac, and then CU for the Pac net not being on DTV, but I put as much blame on the fans of all the pac schools. If the fans would actually leave DTV rather than take all the freebies they offer to stay, then maybe the Pac would have more bargaining power.

Ha, blame the consumer? Wow. No, I think I have to blame the two multi-million/billion dollar organizations for this problem.

Ha, blame the consumer? Wow. No, I think I have to blame the two multi-million/billion dollar organizations for this problem.

DTV knows that the Pac has an apathetic fan base so there really isn't a reason to give. I'm guessing if the NFL ditches them next year, they may be more willing to chat with the Pac. So those of you who are waiting to see what happens will probably end up winning in the end. I gave them last year and didn't feel like giving more than that year. So yes, I blame the fanbases of each school.

It isn't like it costs the consumer anything to switch (unless you are still in a contract). We took the freebies last year, signed another year contract, and then ditched them for free in time for this year. And our bill is actually less each month.

I would not dump DTV, and NFL Sunday Ticket for the dumpster fire that is CU Football. Being out of state it is far more bang for my buck to see the Broncos. Everyone keeps saying this is a Directv problem, this is a freakin PAC XII problem. Larry Scott made a lot of promises, and so far from where I sit he has a lot of egg on his face. The damn Mountain West has more national games then the PAC does. Right now if the info is correct DTV has about 6 million more subscribers then Dish. If that is true no wonder DTV wants to pay less, they are bringing a lot more toys to the sand box, and a helluva lot more net revenue. Right now Larry Scott's toy looks like a multi-channel Longhorn Network, no wonder he wanted Texas so bad he must have went to the same "How to run your own Empire" course as Deloss Dodds did. Switch, not me, Instead I am going to keep e-mailing the PAC, and Scott and telling him to get off his ass and do what he said he was going to do.

I would not dump DTV, and NFL Sunday Ticket for the dumpster fire that is CU Football. Being out of state it is far more bang for my buck to see the Broncos. Everyone keeps saying this is a Directv problem, this is a freakin PAC XII problem. Larry Scott made a lot of promises, and so far from where I sit he has a lot of egg on his face. The damn Mountain West has more national games then the PAC does. Right now if the info is correct DTV has about 6 million more subscribers then Dish. If that is true no wonder DTV wants to pay less, they are bringing a lot more toys to the sand box, and a helluva lot more net revenue. Right now Larry Scott's toy looks like a multi-channel Longhorn Network, no wonder he wanted Texas so bad he must have went to the same "How to run your own Empire" course as Deloss Dodds did. Switch, not me, Instead I am going to keep e-mailing the PAC, and Scott and telling him to get off his ass and do what he said he was going to do.

For me, missing CU basketball is a bigger issue than missing Broncos football.

Enjoy it. The NFLST contract expires after this season. If the rumor that its going to the Xbox is true you'll be making some choices anyway. Me thinks that NFLST will simply no longer be an exclusive for dtv and you'll likely be able to get it on both dish and dtv and possibly cable.

The NFL could also pull the plug completely and make the games available by streaming only. If I can watch every p12 game on a pirated stream you know it can be done on a legitimate Ppv plan directly by the NFL.

I saw plenty of CU B-Ball last year without it, Football is king

Thing is that CU football is only a 12 game schedule with games falling on a Saturday. I have plenty of time on the weekend to find a stream and watch online. And the quality of play doesn't exactly make me want to record the game.

Basketball, on the other hand, will have 30 plus games falling on any number of days of the week. I'd love to be able to record these games when they conflict with my work schedule.

I get that football is king from a $$$ perspective. But your argument does nothing to change this viewer's tastes and preferences.

Thing is that CU football is only a 12 game schedule with games falling on a Saturday. I have plenty of time on the weekend to find a stream and watch online. And the quality of play doesn't exactly make me want to record the game.

Basketball, on the other hand, will have 30 plus games falling on any number of days of the week. I'd love to be able to record these games when they conflict with my work schedule.

I get that football is king from a $$$ perspective. But your argument does nothing to change this viewer's tastes and preferences.

That's the problem in todays market you should not have to choose, just pay the price, and why I personally blame Scott. He made all kinds of BS statements about everyone being able to see this thing, even talked about world wide. So what does he do pick a fight with the worlds largest SAT TV provider. Am I missing something or would it make sense to get them on your team if you truly wanted to go world wide ? I have no doubt that NFL Sunday Ticket will never again be exclusive to DTV after 2014, maybe by then CU's Football team will be compelling enough for me to switch. If anyone thinks Scott went into this thing thinking that he would not have a deal with DTV by now they are nuts, like I said he has a multi-channel LHN, congratulations Larry.

That's the problem in todays market you should not have to choose, just pay the price, and why I personally blame Scott. He made all kinds of BS statements about everyone being able to see this thing, even talked about world wide. So what does he do pick a fight with the worlds largest SAT TV provider. Am I missing something or would it make sense to get them on your team if you truly wanted to go world wide ? I have no doubt that NFL Sunday Ticket will never again be exclusive to DTV after 2014, maybe by then CU's Football team will be compelling enough for me to switch. If anyone thinks Scott went into this thing thinking that he would not have a deal with DTV by now they are nuts, like I said he has a multi-channel LHN, congratulations Larry.

All the revenue forecasts for the conference depend on getting the most money possible from TV. DTV is apparently offering less than what Comcast and Dish already agreed to pay. Do we want to take the lower deal and then have to go back re-negotiate a lower deal with the others just so we can make you happy? :wink2:

All the revenue forecasts for the conference depend on getting the most money possible from TV. DTV is apparently offering less than what Comcast and Dish already agreed to pay. Do we want to take the lower deal and then have to go back re-negotiate a lower deal with the others just so we can make you happy? :wink2:

That's not what I am saying, if Scott had 10 subscribers from Dish at $5, and 10 from Comcast at $5 seems to me it would make better sense from a revenue stand point to include Fios 10 subscribers and DTV's 10 discount the deal to $4 for everyone. If this thing is to succeed to the degree the B1G Network has, he needs far more TV's available to make it happen. Right now literally nobody cares east of the MST. Like I said at this point its an easy decision, not sure I would have watched a complete game at all in conference play anyways. They simply are not competitive.

As bad as the Buffs have been having a clear signal for my Buffs games is much more important than the NFL to me. It is a lot easier since my favorite NFL team is the Broncos and I am in their home viewing area so I get all their games but I also get plenty of other NFL games as well between the CBS/Fox games, the Sunday night package, the Monday night package, the Thursday night games on NFL network. Out of 32 teams an NFL fanatic could get at least 14 each week anyways.

I am glad that the PAC is on Dish as I have been with them for years and have always been very happy with their product, and have gotten more for less money every time I have checked into alternatives.

3 years ago games like Charleston Southern and UCA wouldn't have been broadcast at all. The Pac-12 Network is a monumental improvement over the Big XII days as far as I can tell. But maybe you DTV guys had some super-secret way to watch all those games back then? It would explain a lot.

Back