What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What do the fans do?

what about taking the carrot and stick approach...

...set up a privately managed annual fund for contributions from buff supporters and donors. at the end of the season if the team makes it to a bowl game they get the pot...if they don't go to a bowl game they don't get ****, instead it goes towards facilities improvements at an academic branch of the university.

what about taking the carrot and stick approach...

...set up a privately managed annual fund for contributions from buff supporters and donors. at the end of the season if the team makes it to a bowl game they get the pot...if they don't go to a bowl game they don't get ****, instead it goes towards facilities improvements at an academic branch of the university.

Great idea.

That will probably get their attention, if season ticket holders start sending unused tickets back.

Stupid idea (mine)...

I may send in season tix one at a time instead of all at once if I had them (dropped them when HWSNBN was kept that last year or thereabouts). It'll help to start it local and make it regional news. Make the bigger national networks pick it up once the story goes live. Maybe a dumb idea too, I'm not sure.

Start a Facebook page? Tweet it big? Make it national news? I have no idea how to do those things though...

Last edited:
congratulations to your daughter!! You are lucky to have something to be proud off. I'm am quite envious of you (I mean that seriously).

She's only 9 so take it with a grain of salt. Still, shes aggressive and she's fast footed and just find a way to take shots on goal. This is what I miss football for now.

She's only 9 so take it with a grain of salt. Still, shes aggressive and she's fast footed and just find a way to take shots on goal. This is what I miss football for now.

Awesome.....my kid is 11, and just qualified for the Olympic development team. Keep it up!

Awesome.....my kid is 11, and just qualified for the Olympic development team. Keep it up!

Wow. That's awesome.

A buddy of mine (csu) in the hood and I coach the team. We're teaching the girls a lot of fundamentals and foot work and blah blah blah. I think he and I are in our 5th year with mostly the same core of kids. Also coaching my sons team. It's a busy life with practices 4 days a week and two games each Saturday. I'd feel kinda bad if the Buffs had done anything in the last 5 years that I missed.

Still will support the Buffs. I'm not giving up watching the Buffs even though I do think Embree is in over his head. But **** needs to start changing, either he needs to GTFO or he's going to have to start firing his guys. Although I supported Embree from the start I didn't like his staff at all so it shouldn't be a surprise we are struggling.

Still think there are many talent issues on the team that will take time to overcome (whether we are filling those in recruiting is up for debate) but there is no reason we should be losing to Sac State who lost last week to New Mexico State by 30 points. C'mon.

A modest proposal:

Letters are sent to the following:
Donald Trump
Simon Cowell
Oprah Winfrey
Bryant Gumble

Dear ___________
The University of Colorado is in dire need of a winning football coach, athletic director and chancellor.

Your proven track record with compelling reality television programming makes you uniquely qualified to pursue an interesting opportunity for the next new blockbuster series.

We request your production interest and television celebrity to listen to a pitch for
"BCS Factor" or "American Football Idol" or "So you think you can coach" or something along those lines.

The basic premis is a nationwide televised talent search to fill key leadership positions within the University of Colorado at Boulder. The series starts out by casting a wide net for the positions of University Chancellor of the scenic Boulder campus, Athletic Director and head football coach. Candidates are invited to audition for the available coaching and leadership positions.

Contestents showcase their skills and explain why they are uniquely qualified to run the main campus of a large public university, it's athletic department, and it's football program.

An expert panel of hard hitting celebrity judges systematically narrow the field from episode to episode. The ultimate winners will be offered 4 year multi million dollar contracts to lead the University of Colorado and the University of Colorado's Golden Buffalo football team on their quest to return to relevancy and compete for a Pac 12 championships within the famed "conference of champions".

Viewers will gain insight and delight in the process of screening the right people who possess the leadership skills, character, drive, and value system that is necessary to succeed in the high pressure big stakes world of higher education, NCAA college athletics, and BCS football.

Please contact the Allbuffs Junta Ministry of Sports Excellence to schedule a preliminary meeting.

Regards,
Skidmark

Last edited by a moderator:
Still will support the Buffs. I'm not giving up watching the Buffs even though I do think Embree is in over his head. But **** needs to start changing, either he needs to GTFO or he's going to have to start firing his guys. Although I supported Embree from the start I didn't like his staff at all so it shouldn't be a surprise we are struggling.

Still think there are many talent issues on the team that will take time to overcome (whether we are filling those in recruiting is up for debate) but there is no reason we should be losing to Sac State who lost last week to New Mexico State by 30 points. C'mon.
...who themselves just got crushed by Ohio. Or lose to CSU who just got throttled by North Dakota St

Get lots of people to mail in their season tickets in one mailing. State you won't renew unless changes are made. Try to get media outlets to pick up the story. Maybe a local news station would cover you delivering them back to the AD in person.

Not a thing will make a difference, Benson doesn't give a **** - he's a stubborn crank, hack, etc. DiStephano is an arrogant do nothing that could give two ****s about what the alumni base thinks about anything. Bohn is a complete and total buffoon.

I like dio's thread on posting our wall of shame articles about the Buffs. An email campaign with "facts" can't hurt (linking to the articles). Will they listen? Probably not, but if we get some numbers then anything is possible.

Not a thing will make a difference, Benson doesn't give a **** - he's a stubborn crank, hack, etc. DiStephano is an arrogant do nothing that could give two ****s about what the alumni base thinks about anything. Bohn is a complete and total buffoon.
I think you give all three of the clowns too much credit....

I like dio's thread on posting our wall of shame articles about the Buffs. An email campaign with "facts" can't hurt (linking to the articles). Will they listen? Probably not, but if we get some numbers then anything is possible.

Agreed, but as I mentioned earlier in another thread, I've come to the (hurtful) conclusion that hitting these clowns in the wallet via Buff Club and attendance is the main route. That doesn't mean I won't be supporting basketball, but I can no longer financially support such an abomination that is CU football 2012.

Agreed, but as I mentioned earlier in another thread, I've come to the (hurtful) conclusion that hitting these clowns in the wallet via Buff Club and attendance is the main route. That doesn't mean I won't be supporting basketball, but I can no longer financially support such an abomination that is CU football 2012.

I'm with you on that. During the Hawk years, the fanbase really wanted to support the players. So we had powder blue. That was admirable as a fanbase. We love our school and we love our student-athletes.

A few years later, the fanbase is apathetic and tired. The only thing we have left is just to stop going to games.

I'm of the opinion that the way to support the players now is to stop going so maybe change can be forced. If we don't actually have change, then rock bottom dug a deeper hole for itself.

Can't, benson and distefano don't care. This was an athletic move to the pac 12, benson's dumb ass doesn't get it and never will.

CU needs to announce and build the facilities and show scott and the pac 12 they are on board. Instead, they act like it doesn't matter and being the worst team in football is no big deal. As long as another academic building is being put up, all is well.

f*** benson, distefano and anyone else with their attitude toward athletics, especially football.

CU is run like a div 3 program.

Can't, benson and distefano don't care. This was an athletic move to the pac 12, benson's dumb ass doesn't get it and never will.

CU needs to announce and build the facilities and show scott and the pac 12 they are on board. Instead, they act like it doesn't matter and being the worst team in football is no big deal. As long as another academic building is being put up, all is well.

f*** benson, distefano and anyone else with their attitude toward athletics, especially football.

DIII schools care more. I think we better hope that Scott does something he thought he'd never have to do: pressure a PAC school to care about football.

The football players are staying out of trouble off the field, no negative off-field press, and we're raking in the Pac-12 money. What's the problem?

The football players are staying out of trouble off the field, no negative off-field press, and we're raking in the Pac-12 money. What's the problem?

Ha. Well done. Problem is we are ranked as the worst ****ing team in D1.

Totally agree. word for word what I was about write until saw your post. :yeahthat:

Also,

https://twitter.com/CU_Bruce_Benson

Regardless of whether they care, or say they're not hearing anything, the worst thing you could do is stop lighting them up for this debacle.

Well, I have a decent amount of followers and I tweeted him. I doubt he will take kindly to thousands of people seeing him accused of being willing to sit by and "wait" while the program sinks to these depths. It's always more embarrassing (and motivating!) when the criticism comes in front of a crowd (of course, that's assuming this 70+ year old guy has anything to do with his twitter account. Probably some Grad student tweeting for him...)

Well, I have a decent amount of followers and I tweeted him. I doubt he will take kindly to thousands of people seeing him accused of being willing to sit by and "wait" while the program sinks to these depths. It's always more embarrassing (and motivating!) when the criticism comes in front of a crowd (of course, that's assuming this 70+ year old guy has anything to do with his twitter account. Probably some Grad student tweeting for him...)

what time is it in Boulder now? Bruce has had his pipe and sherry, and is ready to get tucked in. Sleep well, fair princess.

It's a damn lowly feeling. I've been a Buffs fan, like many, since birth. I attended games in the 80s because I wanted to see the Buffalo. I went in the 90s because this was my first team I really loved. It was awesome that they were good and my Saturday's we're always me and my grandfather making the trip to Boulder to see the game. When I went to college I wanted to go to Boulder, for nothing else than the football program. Through the 2000s, as a blind loyalist, I thought we could win every weekend.
This marks the first year, I haven't worn the black and gold glasses. Today I went to work instead of listening or watching the game. My family, season ticket holders since the late 1970s, decided not to renew after last week. It's to the point where CU football Saturday's are a numb feeling.
Mostly numb because there aren't many signs to believe it will get better.
For this I'm very sad. It breaks my heart CU football doesn't matter anymore and has become a laughingstock.

Back