What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

what does Bohn want?

cu3x

as a lead-in to the question above, does anybody know:

Did CU show any interest in Bohn, when Bohn graduated Boulder HS and went to play at KU?
I'd guess "no" and now he runs the show. Which I'm not saying is bad or good - just pretty unusual.

So, if he plans to move on, he's like most people in jobs like his. If this is his dream job and he wants to retire from CU, then why not pick Mac? It would be hard to blame Bohn,if things didn't work out. Anybody else, he's pissing some people off with his choice and there is a risk of failure.

either way, see you Saturday

Go Buffs!

Bohn reportedly was offered a scholarship by then coach Bill Mallory. Mallory was subsequently fired, replaced by Chuck Fairbanks, who informed Bohn that he would not honor the scholarship offer. That's why Bohn ended up at KU. The guy is a Boulder guy through and through. This talk about Kansas is crazy talk. If Bohn does move, it won't be to KU. It'll be to a really big school like Florida or Michigan or Ohio State.

What a Bohn wants, what a Bohn needs
Whatever makes him happy sets you free
And he's thankin' you for knowin' exactly
Whatever keeps Bohn in your arms,
And Bohn's thankin you for givin in to him.

Whatever makes him happy sets you free
And he's thankin' you for knowin' exactly
Whatever keeps Bohn in your arms,
And Bohn's thankin you for givin in to him.

:ban:

Bohn reportedly was offered a scholarship by then coach Bill Mallory. Mallory was subsequently fired, replaced by Chuck Fairbanks, who informed Bohn that he would not honor the scholarship offer. That's why Bohn ended up at KU. The guy is a Boulder guy through and through. This talk about Kansas is crazy talk. If Bohn does move, it won't be to KU. It'll be to a really big school like Florida or Michigan or Ohio State.

Side note: Mallory was a good buddy of my father-in-law. When he came to CU we thought he would instill Big Ten style discipline and values to this program. Unfortunately Bill didn't have the time it takes to establish such a program. He was a solid coach who might have eventually done well here. Instant gratification rules, however.

Mallory's son is/was a BCS D-coordinator. He is awful though.

Side note: Mallory was a good buddy of my father-in-law. When he came to CU we thought he would instill Big Ten style discipline and values to this program. Unfortunately Bill didn't have the time it takes to establish such a program. He was a solid coach who might have eventually done well here. Instant gratification rules, however.

Mallory was hired, I believe, right around 1974. He coached five seasons. He won a Big 8 championship in 1976. By 1978, the wheels were coming off. All of Crowder's players were gone, and Mallory couldn't win with subpar talent. That was always the knock on Mallory - that he was a solid coach who couldn't recruit.

So with the "help" of the monied honchos, Vickers and Six as I recall (big oil guys), they went and lured Fairbanks away from the New England Patriots. In the course of that they got the school sued for tortious interference with contract and lost. In fact the case is the most cited case in that area. And the guy they wanted so much was a sodden drunk. Comparisons of him with Hawkins are off base IMHO.

So with the "help" of the monied honchos, Vickers and Six as I recall (big oil guys), they went and lured Fairbanks away from the New England Patriots. In the course of that they got the school sued for tortious interference with contract and lost. In fact the case is the most cited case in that area. And the guy they wanted so much was a sodden drunk. Comparisons of him with Hawkins are off base IMHO.

Fairbanks had a falling out with the Patriots owner and felt he was getting shafted and had produced some pretty good Pats teams. Chuck decided to take his ball, go home, cash his checks and enjoy Boulder, Colorado with quite a few cocktails. Just to prove a point that he'd been screwed over. at our expense.

Maybe Mike Bohn wants it in the can.

[video=youtube;yZX9Rv_2_C0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZX9Rv_2_C0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Back