What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What does MacIntyre have to work with on Offense?

With PRich coming back Jeff Thomas, Spruce and Gerald Thomas who the other coaches didn't know how to use even though he had probably had his worst game in his young career the WRs should be pretty good with better QB play.

RB: should be decent enough with Powell and Abron. Bonus points if Payne shows up ready to play next year.

WR: Spruce and JT will excel imo. PRich and GT both have cases of dropsies and that will not be good for an offense that predominantly throws the ball around. McCulloch and whoever else shows up ready to play should expect to contribute as well as SJSU spread the ball around quite a bit.

TE: Losing Kasa sucks and if we lose Hobbs as well we're in big trouble here.

OL: I thought they played decently down the stretch. It should, in theory, help that everyone returns + another year of development from Nembot should really help. He'll need to work on his pass protection big time this offseason, though.

QB: Hopefully someone steps up because if we have awful production from this position like we did last year then we're screwed. This will be a big test for Lindgren. Get one of these guys to produce in year one and we can go to a bowl game imo.

RB: should be decent enough with Powell and Abron. Bonus points if Payne shows up ready to play next year.

WR: Spruce and JT will excel imo. PRich and GT both have cases of dropsies and that will not be good for an offense that predominantly throws the ball around. McCulloch and whoever else shows up ready to play should expect to contribute as well as SJSU spread the ball around quite a bit.

OL: I thought they played decently down the stretch. It should, in theory, help that everyone returns + another year of development from Nembot should really help. He'll need to work on his pass protection big time this offseason, though.

QB: Hopefully someone steps up because if we have awful production from this position like we did last year then we're screwed. This will be a big test for Lindgren. Get one of these guys to produce in year one and we can go to a bowl game imo.
yeah there were a lot of drops in game all season not just by GT but as a whole so don't point finger the best WRs drops ball u must have been the one who had gotten in my boy face after the Utah game for the drop pass but I wish I would've been in that spot at the time.

yeah there were a lot of drops in game all season not just by GT but as a whole so don't point finger the best WRs drops ball u must have been the one who had gotten in my boy face after the Utah game for the drop pass but I wish I would've been in that spot at the time.

I'm sorry, my intent was not to throw your son under the bus. I think he's a great player that has a bit of a case of the dropsies. You're right, most WRs drop balls, even the ones I listed as having exceptional hands. It was simply an observation, please don't take offense. Maybe he was just nervous seeing as how he was a true freshman and will prove me wrong next year by grabbing everything in sight!

I would never do what that fan did and I despise was he did. I'm grateful Gerald is on the team and can't wait to see what he can do for the next 3 years.

I'm sorry, my intent was not to throw your son under the bus. I think he's a great player that has a bit of a case of the dropsies. You're right, most WRs drop balls, even the ones I listed as having exceptional hands. It was simply an observation, please don't take offense. Maybe he was just nervous seeing as how he was a true freshman and will prove me wrong next year by grabbing everything in sight!

I would never do what that fan did and I despise was he did. I'm grateful Gerald is on the team and can't wait to see what he can do for the next 3 years.
well said.

I don't ever recall thinking that GT had bad hands or a case of the dropsies over the course of the season. I do recall thninking that the staff did not get him enough touches given the speed and ability that he showed. Would have loved to see him in the backfield more, maybe some fly sweeps like Stitt runs and quick passes out of the backfield. Think about how West Virgina has used their diminutive speed backs over the years, Slaton, Divine and the kid this year (cant't think of his name off hand), in my opinion that should be GT's role on this team, including WR work, and I bet coach Mac will see that and utilize GT in a similar capacity with the pistol and spread concepts. Also, my guess is GT continues to get bigger and stronger and more able to take some of the pounding that will come with more touches.

I don't ever recall thinking that GT had bad hands or a case of the dropsies over the course of the season. I do recall thninking that the staff did not get him enough touches given the speed and ability that he showed. Would have loved to see him in the backfield more, maybe some fly sweeps like Stitt runs and quick passes out of the backfield. Think about how West Virgina has used their diminutive speed backs over the years, Slaton, Divine and the kid this year (cant't think of his name off hand), in my opinion that should be GT's role on this team, including WR work, and I bet coach Mac will see that and utilize GT in a similar capacity with the pistol and spread concepts. Also, my guess is GT continues to get bigger and stronger and more able to take some of the pounding that will come with more touches.

I agree with this. Didn't seem like our coaches were very imaginative with how they got the ball to GT. It was all bubble screens or end around hand offs. They finally started to get him out on better routes in the Utah game. With PRich to stretch the field, I hope they can find ways to get him the ball in the middle of the field in space.

Team wanted Hirschman from the get-go.

Water Bottle thought of every reason he could to justify his and son's call on Webb and stayed stupidly stubborn on him, to the point of playing him with an injured throwing hand. Double stoopid! Would have been interesting to see Schrock early in the UW game; what would it have hurt for him to be in there when the game was still close?

The "O" will improve as the HC and OC improve it, just by being here, with a new well thought-out plan and offense. Hope there is no more pre-conceived stoopid, compounded by stubborness.

Team wanted Hirschman from the get-go.

Water Bottle thought of every reason he could to justify his and son's call on Webb and stayed stupidly stubborn on him, to the point of playing him with an injured throwing hand. Double stoopid! Would have been interesting to see Schrock early in the UW game; what would it have hurt for him to be in there when the game was still close?

The "O" will improve as the HC and OC improve it, just by being here, with a new well thought-out plan and offense. Hope there is no more pre-conceived stoopid, compounded by stubborness.
This.

A little touchy there. Don't say "don't point fingers" and then do the same yourself. One douche fan does not make a fanbase.

I'd really love to have a coaching staff that puts the best players on the field that give us the best chance of winning. I feel like we've been in this cycle for 6-7 years now where it's very questionable which guys are playing and why.

kthom, knowing Coloradans (<- that looks weird), I'd be very surprised if nobody told that POS to shut his mouth and why. I sure as hell would have if I was there.

Back