What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What gives me hope.

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
Kansas State was the perennial Big 8 doormat. I mean, they stunk on ice. Whatever pain we're feeling, they felt it much worse. Horrible facilities, moribund administration support, tepid fan support, mediocre academics (to be put mildly), boring and lifeless college town in the middle of nowhere. Now that team is likely going to win the Big 12. It can happen. It has happened. If it can happen at KSU, it literally can happen anywhere. We have advantages that a place like KSU can only dream of. Someday, we will be back. It won't happen anytime soon, and that sucks. Eventually, we'll be back, though. I'm looking forward to that day. I only hope I'm still alive when that day comes.

I often find myself thinking, "How do Iowa State fans do it?" At least we have a history to look back to. Probably makes it worse for us as fans, but imagine if we had never won back to back to back conference championships, or an mnc or the Big xii title game. Sucks now, but at least we were good, nay, damn good once.

Things to fix:

-new City Council
-new team surgeon
-replace Bohn, Benson, and DiSteF
-replace Marshall
-add PE major
-talk Boulder PD into not arresting football players
-accept any recruit that has a pulse academically
-get better donors
-get better state support
-get better fans

Then we're back.

It happened at KSU because of Bill Snyder. Without Snyder, KSU hasn't done much.

Did it happen at Colorado because of Bill McCartney?

Depressing thread is depressing. The K-State program you speak of, circa 1989, had won 1 game in three years. That is the basement of rock bottom hotel. The fact that we can see the basement (we haven't hit it yet, hoping we won't/can't because of Pac 12 money) is inexplicable.

It happened at KSU because of Bill Snyder. Without Snyder, KSU hasn't done much.

Did it happen at Colorado because of Bill McCartney?

It happened at Colorado prior to McCartney. And yes, there's no doubt that KSU wouldn't be anywhere close to where they are without Snyder. I'm not denying that at all. In fact, I'm celebrating it. If one guy can turn around a program like that, who's to say we can't get the next Bill Snyder here?

Snyder for sure did it, but after he showed he could have success the support from the school came too...

Things to fix:

-new City Council
-new team surgeon
-replace Bohn, Benson, and DiSteF
-replace Marshall
-add PE major
-talk Boulder PD into not arresting football players
-accept any recruit that has a pulse academically
-get better donors
-get better state support
-get better fans

Then we're back.

You forgot to move the university out of Boulder

Slade, Colorado is in a very small handful of schools that have finished in the top 10 at least once in every decade since the 60's.

Anyway, Snyder is the reason for KSU turning it around, but a nother big advantage that KSU has that we don't is a JUCU factory in your own backyard and being able to let any of those JUCO's into school.

What I find interesting in Bill Snyder is the fact that he has resurrected himself. His last two years before retiring it appeared that he was losing his touch. His recent return he has been able to revitalize himself and his program. Interestingly enough he has only beaten the Buffs 6 times in 19 meetings.

The good QB play has helped them along with a tough Defense.

Back