What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What grade do you give the 2017 recruiting class?

What grade do you give the 2017 recruiting class?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This class helps reposition our program after 10 years of decline. We need some of them to fill in so we can become a consistent top 25 school and the baseline expectations should be top 25 classes / rankings moving forward.

@BuffSurveyor coming in with a "C" grade. Haha go **** yourself you stupid ****
Listen here dip****: The class is an average class if you want to win conference championships in the future. Don't even consider a national championship. It's not going to happen at Colorado, Nebraska or any other team with average recruiting classes.

I call it like I see it. So I'll stick with the grad of "C".

Listen here dip****: The class is an average class if you want to win conference championships in the future. Don't even consider a national championship. It's not going to happen at Colorado, Nebraska or any other team with average recruiting classes.

I call it like I see it. So I'll stick with the grad of "C".

If that's the criteria, it's fair. A class like this will never compete for a national championship unless it turns out that we got really lucky on QB and Lytle (or another guy who will play with this class) ends up being an All-American.

Bottom line is that if CU was a perennial top 25 team the class is probably a B. For where this team has been for 10 years it has to be an A. Expectations are definitely re-set going forward though...

I may have to up it to a B+ .

I've waited years for a HC and staff who value DL and edge pass rushers. CU has got a ton in this class and if fehoko comes, wow.

If Allbuffs has anything, it's people that love to feed trolls.
ksjR1NV.gif

IMO RB is now, by far, our weakest position group.

Other than kickers you may be right.

Positive is that we look to be recruiting it already for next year.

If we can get one of those premier type backs next year it is one position that doesn't require a lot of college experience to perform well. A lot of freshmen RBs impact immediately.

Keep in mind that Fontenot might be good, like really good. I understand that he's a 3* who didn't necessarily "blow up" his senior year but our staff shut down RB recruiting almost immediately after he committed to us and they never wavered on that point.

They like him a lot and I'm not saying trust them like we trust them with DBs, but it seems like we could have tried to gain interest from other RBs during the season but didn't care to.

Nevermind, Nixon has almost the exact same height and weight as Lindsay

Might work out, but I feel like he has the highest potential to become an outstanding receiver.
He's 5'6" and pushibg 190.

Nixon would immediately add strength to the running back position the Lindsey doesnt have.

Keep in mind that Fontenot might be good, like really good. I understand that he's a 3* who didn't necessarily "blow up" his senior year but our staff shut down RB recruiting almost immediately after he committed to us and they never wavered on that point.

They like him a lot and I'm not saying trust them like we trust them with DBs, but it seems like we could have tried to gain interest from other RBs during the season but didn't care to.

I think RB is probably the position this staff has been the least effective in recruiting.

Back