What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What happened to just "Enjoying" your team winning?

buffsyko

Club Member
Club Member
To start off, I'm the biggest pessimist around and put myself right at the top of this subject.

I remeber a time when I just wanted a win and didn't care about WHO we beat, Where or if they were ranked, how many yards we got on offense, how many yards we gave up on defense,what plays were called etc.....

I know it's great to discuss all these elements of the game but just wondered why we and media disect every aspect.

You look at some games and it's like" well, you did beat team A, you don't play a good team until game 7".....

Like I said, i'm one of those who do this and just wondered where it all went wrong:smile2:

I enjoy, then dissect.

:stupid: Love to get a "W" no matter how good or bad we look. But can't help dissecting the performance regardless of outcome. Guess I'm a college FB fanatic who enjoys analyzing the game more than working. :smile2:

To start off, I'm the biggest pessimist around and put myself right at the top of this subject.

I remeber a time when I just wanted a win and didn't care about WHO we beat, Where or if they were ranked, how many yards we got on offense, how many yards we gave up on defense,what plays were called etc.....

I know it's great to discuss all these elements of the game but just wondered why we and media disect every aspect.

You look at some games and it's like" well, you did beat team A, you don't play a good team until game 7".....

Like I said, i'm one of those who do this and just wondered where it all went wrong:smile2:

I guess I don't see anything wrong with that.

College Football - It is a disease and it keeps getting worse. My tailgating and analysis of the games, players, and recruiting gets more serious every year.

Wife thinks I am crazy, immature, and somewhat annoying.

Again - all good!

I guess I don't see anything wrong with that.

Only thing I see wrong with it is people getting all geeked up before the season and making cheeky posts like "14-0" in the season prediction thread then they blow their stack when their own unrealistic expectations aren't met.

We have a few too many who became CU fans circa 1990 and think that's supposed to be the norm. I'm hopeful as anyone Hawk can get us close again but it takes time. We have the #8 athletic budget in our own conference. That doesn't mean we can't do it but our margin of error is smaller and you have to even get a little bit lucky. The staff has had some good finds with guys like Speedy and Hansen, hopefully that continues.

Back