What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What happened to the proposed Iowa State-CU game in South Dakota?

Thanks....was on Rivals and did not see it on the schedule... That, on the surface, is going to be a horrendous beat down.... Iowa State is preseason number six team....Buffs around 67. Lordy. National TV. I guess we will find out early if this is last years Buff team...or something better.

That will be a home game for them. How many Buffs fans are going to travel to S. Dakota for this game.

Hmmmmm. My mother-in-law lives in Iowa... an hour and a half from Sioux Falls. I need to see if I could swing a family trip and then ditch everyone to go to the game.

Yes, last I checked (not long after it was announced) the game was sold out. I think it seats less than 4k people. I have friends in souix city, so I was going to try & go.

Yes, last I checked (not long after it was announced) the game was sold out. I think it seats less than 4k people. I have friends in souix city, so I was going to try & go.

Why play a big college game between Pac 12 and Big 12-1-1-2*e^7 that used to be division rivals in the Big 8 in such a small place?

Why play a big college game between Pac 12 and Big 12-1-1-2*e^7 that used to be division rivals in the Big 8 in such a small place?
Neutral site early season college hoops games don't typically draw good crowds. Assuming that the two schools agreed on a neutral site for RPI reasons, these schools aren't going to get UNC/Mich St type money from the TV networks, so they needed a place road-trippable to one of the alumni bases.

Neutral site early season college hoops games don't typically draw good crowds. Assuming that the two schools agreed on a neutral site for RPI reasons, these schools aren't going to get UNC/Mich St type money from the TV networks, so they needed a place road-trippable to one of the alumni bases.

And a good chance the local chamber of commerce gave them a great deal to attract the game and the visiting fans

WSU played Memphis there last year at Sanford Pentagon. I posted about it in another thread here, but figure I'll throw my 2 cents in again this time. It was a great experience, the venue is wonderful and really conducive for basketball. Not a bad seat in the house. Top notch facility staff that prepped the game with WSU and Memphis stuff, it felt like a pretty big deal even though Memphis wasn't expected to be that good. It wasn't like a top 25 match up or anything.

Shocker fans travel well to road games, not sure about Memphis, but they traveled well enough for the really long drive to SD for them. It was still pretty far for us in Kansas. There were quite a few locals at the game too. Not sure what time your game starts, but ours was during the week at noon.

There are a couple hotels out by the arena, and one or two restaurants. Beef O'Brady's is the place we went to that was by the arena and they did a pretty horrible job though. We got there and they acted surprised to see such a large crowd, like they didn't pay attention to the arena schedule. The other places we went around town were great though, just that one place that was just totally unprepared at gametime.

WSU played Memphis there last year at Sanford Pentagon. I posted about it in another thread here, but figure I'll throw my 2 cents in again this time. It was a great experience, the venue is wonderful and really conducive for basketball. Not a bad seat in the house. Top notch facility staff that prepped the game with WSU and Memphis stuff, it felt like a pretty big deal even though Memphis wasn't expected to be that good. It wasn't like a top 25 match up or anything.

Shocker fans travel well to road games, not sure about Memphis, but they traveled well enough for the really long drive to SD for them. It was still pretty far for us in Kansas. There were quite a few locals at the game too. Not sure what time your game starts, but ours was during the week at noon.

There are a couple hotels out by the arena, and one or two restaurants. Beef O'Brady's is the place we went to that was by the arena and they did a pretty horrible job though. We got there and they acted surprised to see such a large crowd, like they didn't pay attention to the arena schedule. The other places we went around town were great though, just that one place that was just totally unprepared at gametime.
Beef O'Brady ain't no Carlos O'Kelly

Sioux Falls is one big ****hole.

It's embarrassing that we agreed to play a game there.

Back