What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What Happened to Us?

You don't think that Mack Brown, Pete Carroll, Nick Saban, Jim Tressel, and 90-94 Bill McCartney keep/kept all their talent in state for the most part? Those states are FAR more talent rich that Colorado is. It's not like we have a stream of even FOUR star recruits leaving the state. We're talking about keeping 2-3 kids in state for the most part every year if we are talking about the 4-5 star level talent Colorado has.
And IF we go with the premise that Logan would close the borders and get these 2-3 kids in state, that's gonna build our program up? Who the **** knows who Dave Logan is outside of Colorado? What kid in CA is gonna be jacked up when Logan shows up at his door? I won't even go into the HS directly to college HC transition but I'll reference Todd Dodge and Gerry Faust. This Logan obsession needs to end. He's not interested and the vast majority of CU fans don't remotely want him as HC. End of mother ****ing story.

JD has said more dumb **** in this thread than BCS has in in the last 6 months. Anyone pining for Dave Logan is a god damn idiot.

What do you know about what Embree brings to the table? It took you 3 hours to settle down with the rest of the sheep? Being loyal to a team isn't about accepting its decisions as good. This hire should be proof that Bohn needs to go. He swung for the warning track, and missed.

Baaaahhhh....and EB, McElwain, Leach, Logan or any other coach you've been throwing out there were night & day better candidates than Embree....if you believe that than end of discussion as I've learned to never argue with a fool, since the spectators can't tell the difference

and fwiw...i have learned a little bit about Embree recently as I've made the effort to do just that instead of make outlandish comments instead

And IF we go with the premise that Logan would close the borders and get these 2-3 kids in state, that's gonna build our program up? Who the **** knows who Dave Logan is outside of Colorado? What kid in CA is gonna be jacked up when Logan shows up at his door? I won't even go into the HS directly to college HC transition but I'll reference Todd Dodge and Gerry Faust. This Logan obsession needs to end. He's not interested and the vast majority of CU fans don't remotely want him as HC. End of mother ****ing story.

Securing the top 2-3 kids every year would be a VAST improvement over what Hawkins did. "According to Rivals.com, of Colorado’s top 11 highest rated players (in 2010), CU did not get one." Im not talking about 2-3 kids from Colorado, Im talking about the cream of the crop from a state which is thin in talent and if you are going to succeed locally you need to secure your base first. Who the **** knows who Jon Embree is INSIDE Colorado other than hard core football fans? What kid in CA is going to be excited when he shows up to recruit them? "I coached Daniel Graham in college" "Who?" "I coached Tony Gonzalez in 2006" "Who?" You make it seem like we just secured Joe Paterno to sell himself as the protector of these young men for the next 4 years. Neither Faust nor Dodge played at a high level like Logan did, playing 9 years in the NFL, as well as high level division 1 football before that (Which both Faust and Dodge did).

As BNG and some others have stated, any coaching hire is risky and has the potential to go south on us. I have not heard a single candidate that does not have some risk involved in the hire.

I love and respect Mac but he has been out of it for almost 20 years and he had his issues with the campus community when he was here. Without Gordon Gee supporting him he could be a disaster in the political environment in Boulder, plus at best he would not be around for long even if hired. He is 70 years old and although in good shape the stress of running a program would take its toll, this is not Penn State where the groundwork was established decades ago and JoPa just gently steers the ship.

Miles wasn't coming and if he did how would he adjust to the lower resources of CU and turning a losing program around.

EB has great energy and enthusiasm but lacks experience as a head man, JE is the same with maybe a less volitile personality but also with less of a dynamic vibe to him.

I could go on (and usually do but Wally's OP was long enough so I won't) about individuals but won't

Instead look at our history and that of other schools. Hawk was looked at as a homerun hire, he failed miserably. OU hired Blake and some others before they found Stoops to bring them back, anyone claiming that OU doesn't put the resources into the program. Look a the history at Texas Between Royal and Mack Brown, lots of money and high hopes, not a lot of big winning.

Turner Gil had a HC job but at a school that is closer to FCS than the BCS, and he's really setting it on fire at Kansas.

My preference right now is EB. If it isn't EB I'm okay with Embree. Is this a slam dunk hire, no but for CU I think it is potentially as good a hire as we could make right now. Urban Meyer isn't applying for the job, neither are any other top 10 coaches. With what is available I am willing to support the hire and go with it if it is Embree. I only hope that whoever it is brings in the staff to make winning happen.

try using different fonts and sizes for your text. Also bolding helps. If all else fails separate each word with a period (no spaces) and end it with the an all capped "fact!"

i'm here to help.

You S.H.I.T.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Securing the top 2-3 kids every year would be a VAST improvement over what Hawkins did. "According to Rivals.com, of Colorado’s top 11 highest rated players (in 2010), CU did not get one." Im not talking about 2-3 kids from Colorado, Im talking about the cream of the crop from a state which is thin in talent and if you are going to succeed locally you need to secure your base first. Who the **** knows who Jon Embree is INSIDE Colorado other than hard core football fans? What kid in CA is going to be excited when he shows up to recruit them? "I coached Daniel Graham in college" "Who?" "I coached Tony Gonzalez in 2006" "Who?" You make it seem like we just secured Joe Paterno to sell himself as the protector of these young men for the next 4 years. Neither Faust nor Dodge played at a high level like Logan did, playing 9 years in the NFL, as well as high level division 1 football before that (Which both Faust and Dodge did).

Please. Keep. Posting.

Mike Bohn happened. Our administration happened.

Mike Bohn and Benson/Distefano.... Puppet and puppet masters, respectively.

It is a shame that Plati or Bohn have not released an updated statement in light of what mainstream media is reporting (i.e. JE as HC, with EB as OC).

Shenanigans like this make CU Football look more silly than ever.

Mike Bohn and Benson/Distefano.... Puppet and puppet masters, respectively.

It is a shame that Plati or Bohn have not released an updated statement in light of what mainstream media is reporting (i.e. JE as HC, with EB as OC).

Shenanigans like this make CU Football look more silly than ever.

images

i love each and every one of you, CU and the next head coach. you dont have to like it. you just have to live with it.

Excellent thread, Wally. What is it exactly that happened to us? Well, a lot, really. It started with a series of giant mistakes that ended with hiring a complete dumbass.

Yup....seeing a lot of people pissed off, talking crap and making ridiculous statements simply because it wasn't "their top pick"....meanwhile they have actually 0 information/knowledge about Embree and what he brings to the table

I've taken a step back from my disappointment this morning and am actually very excited to see what the future brings for the Buffs!

ditto... I have no fing clue what went on in the backroom except in one of the backrooms, Junction was blowing Liver in the Sink stall that says "its better to piss in the sink that sink in the piss"

ditto... I have no fing clue what went on in the backroom except in one of the backrooms, Junction was blowing Liver in the Sink stall that says "its better to piss in the sink that sink in the piss"

I see therapy hasn't helped you get over those fantasies....

Back