What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What has gone overlooked this offseason?

CUwhit21

Club Member
Club Member
And by that, I mean by Buff fans other than 96 Buff:

1. Stewart's value to the Buff's offense.

2. The effort put forth by the Buffs against NU. We only had one 4 or 5 star on the field for this game and over 10 players had surgery after this game.

I'm sure I can come up with more, but curious to see what other people think.

Last edited:
1) The role of the TE in the absence of Helfrich. Will Devenny, Deehan, and Geer be masters of the downfield block with the help of Kent Riddle and the Kiesau offense? With Hawkins picking up WR coaching responsibilities, how much will that spill over on the TEs? Can Geer get back to his underclassman productivity?

2) Now that Denver Johnson has had some time to settle in, what can we expect? What kind of impact are new and seasoned coaches like Denver Johnson and Bob Foster's having on the players? How are they getting along with the rest of the coaching staff?

Here are some overlooked stats:

CU was just penalized 65 times for 516 yards (Second lowest number of penalties in the last 18 years for CU)

10 of the 12 quarterbacks CU faced last season were held below their season rating

Only allowed one 300+ yard passing game in Big XII play

CU held their one point lead against KSU for 25:49; This was the longest any team was able to hold a 1 or 2 point lead in 2008.

CU tied for the 2nd best graduation rate in the Big XII at 70%.

8-2 - Dan Hawkins record following a bye week

100% - The conversion percentage on 3rd and 1 yard runs by Rodney Stewart (5 for 5)

99% - Nate Solder's grade against KSU - The best since Joe Garten recorded a 100% grade against NU in 1990.

95 - The number of freshmen who have started games for CU in '07 and '08 (41 true)

Took these from the CU media day guide, which can be found here:

http://www.cubuffs.com//pdf5/625945.pdf

Last edited:
I think Lockridge is gonna be huge for us this year. He can play a bunch of different spots and teams will have a tough time mathcing up against him

Back