What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is a convincing win for the RMS?

Mostly just the first quarter right? We came back in the second quarter and almost took the lead before that called back td.
To be honest my memory of that game is a bit fuzzy. Could have been just the 1st quarter, but if it was that was the longest 1st quarter ever.

Lol fun game for us CU fans and glad to get a win, but **** that is some awful football all around. The kicking game looks on par with most high schools. Our DL was pretty bad in the trenches, too. Tupou and another year for Carrell should completely change the game there.
When people start thumping their chest about this team, I always go back to what I see on the field. We are better, but we have come out the gate poorly under MM. He needs to ramp it up this year, or face laying an egg.

I either want an epic 3 td or more beat down, or a last minute snatch victory from defeat for the Buffs. Either way, maximum grief for the goats....

When people start thumping their chest about this team, I always go back to what I see on the field. We are better, but we have come out the gate poorly under MM. He needs to ramp it up this year, or face laying an egg.
I agree, but between Leavitt in his 2nd year, the addition of Chev, and MM's job essentially riding on this year, I have to believe they will have this team ready to play. There were a lot of distractions last year leading up to the Hawaii game that won't be there this season. I am very confident in this team's ability to handle CSU with relative ease, and will eat all the crow if I'm wrong.

70,000 tickets sold with 50k turnstile count. that would be a convincing win for the RMS itself.

Whatever demoralizes the other team and their fan base before the 4th quarter starts should be the only answer.

Thanks, Tini.
giphy.gif

Thing is, we should beat the living Hell out of them every year. But we don't. I go into every game thinking we are going to curb stomp those little asshats, but it's always much closer than I expect. Same will probably happen this year. We should win by at least two scores. Therefore it will likely go into overtime.

Thing is, we should beat the living Hell out of them every year. But we don't. I go into every game thinking we are going to curb stomp those little asshats, but it's always much closer than I expect. Same will probably happen this year. We should win by at least two scores. Therefore it will likely go into overtime.

Usually true. Couple blips in that. 3 years ago, they had the better team. 2 years ago, about even. Last year, CU was better. This year, I expect CU to be a lot better.

Very good reason to like CU's D in the first game especially if everyone is healthy and Samson is playing.

However, we've seen that it has no bearing whatsoever in this game. Just one of those games you just want to come up on top and move on. Saying that, I hope CU curb stomps them and the east side clears out before the end of the 3rd quarter.

Need to win by at least 14 or it will be another 3 win season for the Buffs.

Also POS Mile High needs to not F the F up like last year. Got in line 70 min before kickoff to get in the stadium and by the time I got to my seat it was the start of the 3rd quarter. Was so livid I was about to tear up my season tix and never buy again.

Also POS Mile High needs to not F the F up like last year. Got in line 70 min before kickoff to get in the stadium and by the time I got to my seat it was the start of the 3rd quarter. Was so livid I was about to tear up my season tix and never buy again.

WTF? Did they pull you into the office to do a cavity search? :eek:

No way that happened. They're slow, but not that slow. I've gotten in line 30 minutes before kickoff and missed half of the first quarter. That's typical, and it does suck.

****ing traffic last year caused me to miss meeting up with the AB member who had the tickets I won in the AB lottery (side rant: nor was that dude answering his phone or text so we couldn't arrange for the "wedge the tickets under your tire" routine). So then I had to scalp a pair from the few people left in the lot. By the time I got through security, it was half-way through the first quarter. And I'm one of those geeks who generally feels it's necessary to be inside in time for the national anthem.

Lol no. This didn't happen to you. It did not take you 3 1/2 hours to get into the stadium and to your seats. Quit making **** up.

There is no position group on their offense that is better than a position group on our defense and vice versa. This is the first time in a while that statement can be said as a matter of fact.

Actually, there are areas CSU has position advantages....the most obvious is their O-line vs our D-line. Even with Tupuo (A possible pro prospect) this is advantage CSU until CU's players finally man up, play nasty and prove otherwise (So tired of losing this position battle year after year). Last time CU won this positional battle was back when George Hypolite was playing for CU. CSU still has multiple O-line candidates that will either get drafted or get looked at by the NFL.

Actually, there are areas CSU has position advantages....the most obvious is their O-line vs our D-line. Even with Tupuo (A possible pro prospect) this is advantage CSU until CU's players finally man up, play nasty and prove otherwise (So tired of losing this position battle year after year). Last time CU won this positional battle was back when George Hypolite was playing for CU. CSU still has multiple O-line candidates that will either get drafted or get looked at by the NFL.
I will take our healthy front 7 vs their OL/TE/RB all day, but we can disagree.

****ing traffic last year caused me to miss meeting up with the AB member who had the tickets I won in the AB lottery (side rant: nor was that dude answering his phone or text so we couldn't arrange for the "wedge the tickets under your tire" routine). So then I had to scalp a pair from the few people left in the lot. By the time I got through security, it was half-way through the first quarter. And I'm one of those geeks who generally feels it's necessary to be inside in time for the national anthem.
That dude has better things to do than answer his phone on game days.

I think it is very hard to post a "convincing" win in the RMS, especially when it is the first game of the year. Always seems sloppy on both sides. But convincing to me would be Rams fans leaving at or prior to the end of the 3rd. So up 17 or more going into the 4th.

Not lying one bit. Entered on the SW side. There were only 3 people being let in at a time at both the SW and NW corners. Each person got a full pat down and bag search. The lines combined at the ring walkway that goes around the stadium and out midway into the center of the west plaza area. Moved probably an average 5ft every 2 min. On the bright side I found a $20 in line.

Back