What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is the most humiliating loss in Colorado football history?

Most humiliating defeat in Buffs history?

• 1980: Oklahoma 82, Colorado 42

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1980: UCLA 56, Colorado 14

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I thought about that one but after the game was over I was happy. I knew they couldn't keep HaLk around after that.
+1 even bohn could not leave the corn studded turd floating in the bowl any longer after that one......

It was pretty embarassing when we got worked at cal just after joining the pac 12.

Fresno. Having a WAC/MWC program work you like that (let's be honest, they could have gone over 100 with ease. Only scoring 69 was literally generous on their part) is utterly humiliating beyond anything else.

I said Texas because that was teh conference Championship game. We were the Northern Conference Champions. And got gang raped on national TV. Not sure if Drake was on tv. Not sure how good we were in 1980. But..in a conference championship game? losing by 67?

Horrid.
This is the correct answer.

I said Texas because that was teh conference Championship game. We were the Northern Conference Champions. And got gang raped on national TV. Not sure if Drake was on tv. Not sure how good we were in 1980. But..in a conference championship game? losing by 67?

Horrid.

Yep. This was the exact moment that we went from being relevant nationally, being in the conversation for pre-season rankings, etc. This one game was where all ties to the McCartney glory days were severed. All those challenges that people talk about with coaching at CU (fan/alumni apathy, hostile administration/faculty, state limits on contracts, etc.), those were all magnified once we lost national relevance. Set us back 20 years ... or more.

Yep. This was the exact moment that we went from being relevant nationally, being in the conversation for pre-season rankings, etc. This one game was where all ties to the McCartney glory days were severed. All those challenges that people talk about with coaching at CU (fan/alumni apathy, hostile administration/faculty, state limits on contracts, etc.), those were all magnified once we lost national relevance. Set us back 20 years ... or more.

Maybe that is true symbolically, but that game itself was not the reason for our fall from grace (firing Barnett (because of the scandal), then hiring Hawkins, etc). While extremely humiliating... we were in the Big 12 Championship against maybe the greatest player and team in CFB history (debateable but both VY and the 2005 UTerus team are in the top 10 all time). 2012 Fresno game was against a WAC team... and a culmination of 6-7 years of horrible football... it was the pinnacle of humiliation if you ask me. Followed by Drake, then the kansas disaster, then the Mizzou blowouts.

Fresno, and it isn't even close IMO. Maybe because I wasn't around when we were losing to Drake. Texas wasn't embarrassing to me for a couple reasons----One, they won the national title that year. Two, the only thing most of us remember about that game is Joel Klatt getting blown up now.

Klatt got ****ed up. Has never been the same since.

Though I was a fan of the school for many years before, CU FB was out of my TV market so they weren't really on my radar until 2001 or so. In that time I believe Toledo was the worst game I've ever seen. It was a weeknight so I had people calling me asking "What's up with your team?" with it being the only option on TV.

This all reminds me of why things could get ugly this week. DeRuyter eased up...he was public about wanting the CU job when open...and since he didn't get it, he might just love to make a point that we should have hired him. We might see the 100 if he can get there this time. (Still happier than a pig in **** with MM though)

I dunno, there's a case to be made for all of them.

But I'd like to list last year's victory against Washington State as the most embarrassing victory, followed closely by Eastern Washington.

This all reminds me of why things could get ugly this week. DeRuyter eased up...he was public about wanting the CU job when open...and since he didn't get it, he might just love to make a point that we should have hired him. We might see the 100 if he can get there this time. (Still happier than a pig in **** with MM though)

I dunno about that. There's no denying our kids quit within the first five minutes of the game. While there's no doubt that DeRuyter called the dogs off, there's also no doubt that the situation was in large part due to our ****ty coaching staff. We may not win this game, we may not even be within 3 TDs, but I don't see any way this game gets that far out of control.

I voted Fresno. The team quit, so I quit too. Quit going out of my way to watch, listen, or otherwise follow the team. I was doing something different with my fall Saturdays. I've endured a lot of the losses on that list, but none made me abandon what was a 20+ year fall tradition like the Fresno game.

I've obviously resumed my tradition in light of recent happenings.

I voted for other (SacState) purely for personal reasons as my wife went to SacState and barely a day has gone by where she hasn't reminded of that game. We will likely never play SacState again. I will never get revenge. She will always have that on me. She won the marriage. **** Coach Water Bottle. That is why it is the worst loss in history.

I voted for other (SacState) purely for personal reasons as my wife went to SacState and barely a day has gone by where she hasn't reminded of that game. We will likely never play SacState again. I will never get revenge. She will always have that on me. She won the marriage. **** Coach Water Bottle. That is why it is the worst loss in history.

That sucks man. Only thing worse would be if we played them back to back seasons under Embree and lost like the Drake series.

Back