What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is this Cody Hawkins crap???

In all seriousness, maybe Bohn has a plan under the carpet like Mac is onboard, but he wants to get his own staff in place before taking over.

Or maybe there will be a firing later this week.

Hang in there buff fans, the nightmare is almost over!

Yes, let's keep waiting. It's worked so far. No later than Monday.

I would think that Cody was above this, if it's true. I guess we'll see. Just want Dan gone so we can move on.

Give him a break. It's his dad. He's emotional, if it's true.

Another reason why you should not coach your son at this level.

yea. if somebody tried to fire my dad and give him a $3 million buyout for being one of the worst ever at his job , i'd be so angry that i'd throw a tantrum and make myself look like a little baby as well

I really doubt Cody is that immature. I don't even think Collins and Riddle would throw a tantrum and not give it a professional attempt to keep the ship moving for the last few weeks. Has that even happened before, anywhere?

Cody is a class act and the offense did put up 45 points and it should have been enough.

Last edited:
oops, too much Fat Tire.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

If our offense was so good, why couldn't we have just 1 answer of KU's 5 TD's in the 4th?

not going to argue with you but 45 points should have been enough and how does our D let them score 35 in one quarter

oops, too much Fat Tire.

Well. There were a couple of turnovers in there, and let's not absolve special teams of any responsibility here.

EDIT: And seriously, if you're not gonna argue, why are you even here?

I would think that Cody was above this, if it's true. I guess we'll see. Just want Dan gone so we can move on.

I would like to believe that too. But it's by far the most logical explanation there is if Hawk is not fired now....

IF it's true, Bohn is looking at 2 choices:

1. Fire Hawk now, which is the move he wanted to make last November. In the process rid yourself of a QB who would be showing that he is willing to walk out on his teammates and the University he is supposed to represent. But, in the process, burn the redshirt of a player for the sake of 3 meaningless games, all for the sake of making a coaching move which probably has no positive value to the program in the long run beyond satisfying the fans with a firing 3 weeks sooner than it will happen otherwise

OR

2. Fire Hawk at the end of the year, keep Cody (who, sadly, is probably the healthy QB on the roster who gives them the best chance to compete the next 3 weeks) at QB, keep working behind the scenes to line up the next HC and coaching staff and keep eating the **** sandwich he's been chewing on ever since Benson and DiStephano overruled him on firing Hawk when it should have been done.

I can see the reasons #2 might make sense. I won't villify Bohn for making that decision. But at this point I really want him to go with #1. I want this mother****ing, two faced, arrogant, duplicitous mother****er gone NOW. NOW! NOW!!! I want him fired, humiliated and run out of town tomorrow. I want his route out of town to be lined by 50,000 fat men dropping trou and showing him their bare fat asses while he leaves. Come on Mike, I know you have no good choices left. So make the choice that feels right. Fire him NOW!!!!

i would like to believe that too. But it's by far the most logical explanation there is if hawk is not fired now....

If it's true, bohn is looking at 2 choices:

1. Fire hawk now, which is the move he wanted to make last november. In the process rid yourself of a qb who would be showing that he is willing to walk out on his teammates and the university he is supposed to represent. But, in the process, burn the redshirt of a player for the sake of 3 meaningless games, all for the sake of making a coaching move which probably has no positive value to the program in the long run beyond satisfying the fans with a firing 3 weeks sooner than it will happen otherwise

or

2. Fire hawk at the end of the year, keep cody (who, sadly, is probably the healthy qb on the roster who gives them the best chance to compete the next 3 weeks) at qb, keep working behind the scenes to line up the next hc and coaching staff and keep eating the **** sandwich he's been chewing on ever since benson and distephano overruled him on firing hawk when it should have been done.

I can see the reasons #2 might make sense. I won't villify bohn for making that decision. But at this point i really want him to go with #1. I want this mother****ing, two faced, arrogant, duplicitous mother****er gone now. now! now!!! i want him fired, humiliated and run out of town tomorrow. I want his route out of town to be lined by 50,000 fat men dropping trou and showing him their bare fat asses while he leaves. Come on mike, i know you have no good choices left. So make the choice that feels right. Fire him now!!!!

amen!

Please get rid of the cancer now. You have to rid the body of the cancer if you want it to survive. I don't care if coaches or players quit. Let them go. If they quit they are simply part of the cancer. Do it now. There is no reason to keep the phony around for another day.

I honestly think that people are jumping to too many conclusions and dumping on the kid for an idea that has been expressed in print. If, and I emphasize if, Cody were to quit if his dad is fired then so be it. I think if he and Dan have any honor(I know I know) he would not abandon his teamates with 3 games left. I'll just wait and see on this.

I honestly think that people are jumping to too many conclusions and dumping on the kid for an idea that has been expressed in print. If, and I emphasize if, Cody were to quit if his dad is fired then so be it. I think if he and Dan have any honor(I know I know) he would not abandon his teamates with 3 games left. I'll just wait and see on this.

The thing is it doesn't matter in the least. This team has been eliminated from a possible bowl game. Who cares who plays QB? Any walk on/running back/wide receiver would be fine.

Hell put McKnight at QB, have him throw a pass to himself and he keeps the record alive, and both Hawkins are gone.

The thing is it doesn't matter in the least. This team has been eliminated from a possible bowl game. Who cares who plays QB? Any walk on/running back/wide receiver would be fine.

We can still go bowling. Not gonna happen but its not mathematically impossible.

Let's see how this plays out. We all know Hawk is gone. The stories being run about Cody right now will only make things much worse in the locker room, especially if not true. Not saying they are not true, but they do not sound like anything I have heard from the kid in the past. Lot of emotions running high right now and it appears many unconfirmed rumors about what Cody is saying or doing. I do not want Hawk around any more than the rest of you (I wanted him gone last year), but this nightmare will end soon enough as Leash has said. Do not rush to judge the kid and throw him under the bus yet.

cody would not do that. the kid has morals, and i think is smarter than his dad. he wouldnt do that so scotty and the other seniors

Ringo should get fined for a cheap shot. There is no basis for his speculation, but it gives him a "scoop", cause no one else wrote it.
This is cheap journalism by an immature writer

Back