What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is up with the DL offers?

ScottyBuff

I was just trying to recap our targets for the 2010 scholarship year, and noticed that so far we have only offered to one or two players on the defensive line?

DE - Nduka Onyeali, Mullen (could be LB right?)
DT - Sealii Epanesa, Iolani HS - Honolulu

Can anyone tell me if this is incorrect?

We don't really lose much next season (only Kaynor is a senior) but we still have paper-thin depth at the positions that are the hardest for incoming freshmen to make an impact, we should be bringing in 2-3 top quality players every year on the D-line.

Please tell me that Scouts.com is not right about this...

We should be bringing in lots of OL and DL every cycle IMO.

We have offered many more than two players on the defensive line. That is not to say our DL recruiting is all that great though. The recruiting strategy of this staff for the DL baffles me.

DL recruiting is not a priority, we have plenty of guys. The last 6 years I've heard we are fine, what's the problem?

Scotty,

We've offered a lot more guys than that.

Check out the pinned '10 Recruiting thread. We've got 12 known offers out to defensive tackles and half of them have not verbaled yet. Defensive end has been a bit rougher with 14 known offers but only 3 guys uncommitted (2 of which are 5* prospects we have almost no shot at).

Scotty,

We've offered a lot more guys than that.

Check out the pinned '10 Recruiting thread. We've got 12 known offers out to defensive tackles and half of them have not verbaled yet. Defensive end has been a bit rougher with 14 known offers but only 3 guys uncommitted (2 of which are 5* prospects we have almost no shot at).

I think I saw the pinned thread your are referring to:

'10 Recruit Profile Index

?

Is "Considering" supposed to imply an offer was made?

Keep up this level of play and any recruiting effort won't really matter anyway.

One idea, send film clips of the last two games to all the top prospects we've worked on, even the ones that have verbally committed to someone else. Maybe when they see that opportunities abound to start they might sign and we could start a mostly true freshman team next season.

Provided Hawk would play them of course

I think I saw the pinned thread your are referring to:

'10 Recruit Profile Index

?

Is "Considering" supposed to imply an offer was made?

Not in all cases. There are a few profiles on guys we haven't offered, but the vast majority have had a CU offer reported.

Back