What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What is your definition of 'moderator'

Since i joined allbuffs the mods have steadfastly denied me BOTH water AND desks. They also denied my request for catered food while I read the site. This simply cannot stand!

We also expect you to check and make sure everyone is logging in at least once a day

Since i joined allbuffs the mods have steadfastly denied me BOTH water AND desks. They also denied my request for catered food while I read the site. This simply cannot stand!

i cancelled the banquet, too.

More importantly... I want a hamburger... no, a cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake...

You get a free platform to express your biased opinion yet you moderate the football and recruiting forums. Is that a conflict? CU football won't be relevant for years, if not decades. I'm out. $15 a year is a waste of money to read your diatribe. My donations to CU have stopped. **** you.

Hahahaha

And you get a free platform to express your biased opinion, and you don't even have to moderate a forum for the privilege. Aren't you a lucky boy?

Does he know that anyone can write a blog or post in any thread here? :lol:

A part on one's car that keeps it from going too fast. "Officer, I was going the speed limit but then my moderator broke."

I'd ask him, but he quit.

Too bad. Maybe he'll come back in 10 years once the destructive impact has worn off from blogging the 2 letters I wrote and encouraging online fans to email CU their feelings about the coaching situation while demanding a commitment to winning football.

As an aside, AllBuffs members are solid boosters but I would be surprised if we represent more than 10% of the $750k the AD received this week so far in unsolicited new donations.

FervorFactor. It's "for the fans, by the fans". Yes, that's actually the motto.

Nik and the other moderators are fans. That's why they're here. They are fans who (as far as I can tell) have mostly been here since the beginning and gradually took responsibility to help the site function. But they are fans with opinions, and their primary function here is to post.

I'm really missing your beef here. You also can write a blog or start a thread or join the discussion.

Your sense of persecution is without merit, and your frustration towards mods is unfounded.

Also, you seem like a dick. And I've thought that for a while.

Was that the sound of an idot slamming the door on himself? It doesn't get much better than that.

I am always amused by the "perfect world" desires to have people running things who are completely free of bias or personal interest.

Simple fact is that sites like this wouldn't exist if not for people who have a high level of personal interest and bias who are motivated to put their time and effort into keeping it running. There aren't a lot of people out there who include "disinterested and unbiased moderator of internet boards" in their inventory of personal interest. If you want that person a whole bunch of people would have to kick the membership up to $15 a month instead of per year and even then it would be hard to find someone.

I have a friend who has served many years on the board of a local fire and ambulance district. He does it for free putting in a lot of time and effort and taking some serious and mostly unfounded grief from residents and others. He does this in spite of the fact that he owns a couple of businesses that gross well into seven figures and could certainly use the time on those or simply on his family and other interest. The reason he does it is because he wants to have the local services provided and if someone doesn't step up they won't happen. Should he forgo fire and ambulance service so as to be a "disinterested and unbiased" board member?

Like many here I probably spend way to much time on this board. Nobody is forcing me to be here, it's a choice. Nobody is forcing the mods to be here either, they are chosing to do it and I thank them because if they didn't have the passion and interest I would have to find some other completely non-productive way to waste my valuable time.

Mine is an unbiased chairperson who; oversees and enforces the rules of a forum without opining; does not attempt to influence opinion or suggest/recommend actions or decisions. http://thesaurus.com/browse/moderator. There is a lot of soap box orating going on here. We all have our own positions. Respect that and don't speak for me or try to tell me what I should do.

Fervor - under the normal guidelines I'd agree with you but what you are describing is a paid position of expertise, which is not what the people with that title here are. Mods on this site are here because they are passionate about the subject matter and like they regular members all pay to support the site. Several of us also donate significant time and resources to keep this "free" platform running. We've tried to keep the site as open and rule free as possible but the primary function of the mods on here is as Wispy mentioned to enforce the some what lax rules of the site, to be fair to our student athletes, to try and keep the personal attacks under control, to provide an easily accessible discussion platform for CU sports, and to generate content for the site so that our users can continue to enjoy and discuss the program despite the fact that we are being blessed with what is undoubtedly the worst football in Colorado's history. Given those circumstances you'll have to live with those of us that have strong opinions, because without them there is no way we could ever bring ourselves to continue this enterprise.

Did fervor do something that required moderation or is he just mad at Nik's letter?

Did fervor do something that required moderation or is he just mad at Nik's letter?

I don't think that he's had an infraction or even a soft warning about anything through PM.

To the best of my knowledge we have not moderated anything Fevor did, maybe ever.

It seems as though he's annoyed that some mods, Nik included have strong opinions about the program and leverage the platform to get them heard. He seems to believe this is a conflict if interest, rather than the reason the platform exists. Also he seems quite confused about the costs to run this place.

I don't think that he's had an infraction or even a soft warning about anything through PM.

To the best of my knowledge we have not moderated anything Fevor did, maybe ever.

It seems as though he's annoyed that some mods, Nik included have strong opinions about the program and leverage the platform to get them heard. He seems to believe this is a conflict if interest, rather than the reason the platform exists. Also he seems quite confused about the costs to run this place.

Gotcha. His argument seemed to be that the mods were quelling his pov while stating their own.

Wait, so am I still allowed to moderate the basketball board when I start building the statue for Tad? I'm confused.

i'm like the fox news of moderators. fair and balanced. and **** you if you don't agree with me.

Ouch. I think my last feeling has been wounded. :lol: Ps. Fervor I am not sure what your point was either. This is a fan site. For fans. It is unofficial and no one who helps to keep it running is paid anything. The tech folks and the content folks and the web and social media peeps all work for free because they love the buffs. Most of these folks are highly skilled and highly compensated in their real jobs and they donate those skills here to keep this going. Junk and I and some others are just one star mods but we are super lucky to be able to depend on the talents of the ones who make this go. We never claimed to be neutral. We love cu too much to be neutral. So go **** yourself if you don't like it. We don't owe you anything.

We just took you and Junc because you were the only guys willing to wade into the cesspool that is the polotics forum.

We just took you and Junc because you were the only guys willing to wade into the cesspool that is the polotics forum.
hah. they took the job just cause they need the power to back up their weak ass arguments :smile2:

that, and my wit.

Actually, it was the wit you sent us.

new-belgium-mothership-wit.gif

FYI - if anyone is interested in being a mod, bribery is encouraged.

Back