What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What most needs to exceed your expectations to win?

What would be the biggest impact upside to your expectations?

• Passing Offense

• Running Offense

• Passing Defense

• Running Defense

• Special Teams

Results are only viewable after voting.
It has to be the rushing offense. It opens up everything else in the offense. I really think this will help our Red Zone problems, as well. They also need to start getting more 30 plus yard plays out of the running game. It takes so much out of the defense when you get big plays out of your run game. I'm not sure we have the oline to do this though. I think we see Lindsay be the work horse with Lee being our homerun hitter. If we can get anything out of Adkins/Bisharat, would get gravy.

What worries me is whether Lindgren would stick with the run game as we've seen in the past. I'll believe when I see it.

Wow people are putting a lot of stock into this scrimmage that was three weeks before the first game and the first time Sefo played any semi-competitive football in 9 months. Was it that bad? Did he manage to put his cleats on the right feet?

I am not personally putting much stock in it but I live over 2,000 miles away and I wasn't there. My post is based on all the negatives I have read here over the last few days. I believe we call it "DOOOOOM" around here.

I am not personally putting much stock in it but I live over 2,000 miles away and I wasn't there. My post is based on all the negatives I have read here over the last few days. I believe we call it "DOOOOOM" around here.

After the run CU fans have had, I really don't know what DOOOOOOM means any more.

I would like to say offensive efficiency, but there's one fact about last year that absolutely chafes my hiney.

Turnovers.

The D was ranked in the mid-thirties in takeaways, yet the team had an overall +1 in the turnover margin category.

Change that and we'll win more games.

Rushing Offense... We have to get into 2nd and manageable, extending drives, and taking time off the clock are going to be huge. I am much more confident in our Defense, which is why I chose the offense.

Would like to see the play calling be legitimately able to run some play action and start getting lbs and safeties to bite.

I pick the OL. That unit, along with LB, was terrible last year. I have more faith in lb rebounding. the ol stays terrible until we see otherwise. And that means rushing O. These guys need to really step up and help the whole team out by making things easier for sefo and the d

Running offense. I believe success starts with control of the line of scrimmage. Running the ball effectively and consistently destroys the soul of the opposition. Once it becomes dominant, it opens up the passing game. That's how blowouts happen.

Running O - it makes nearly all parts of our game better.
Control the clock, TOP, defense rests more and plays better, the opposing D gets tired and their play degrades, makes the opponents O get desperate/panicy, psychologically/motivationally/confidence wise there is nothing like crushing your opponent with a dominant running game.

To have a great running offense we need the Oline to play great. It's going to come down to those 5 guys.

Red Zone efficiency.

Don't care if this means better run blocking or perfect corner route or both. Just come away with six. I don't want opposing defense coordinators to know our goal line package better than we do, and have the horses to stuff CU time and again at the goal line.
Bingo, that's exactly what I wanted to pick. Thanx Nik lol. I went with running O.

The fact that it's hard to point to one area and say, "that's why", is a good thing. The Rise is real, but special teams has a semi, at best.

Everything has started with the D- For the first time and forever they are getting off the field. Years past we were constantly in short yardage to go for first down and the rare time we had a team 3rd & more than 6 we always gave up long plays or stupid penalties. A win on D was a FG instead of a TD

O Line and actually being able to run the ball for 4-5 yards a carry a close second.

Back