What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What to expect from Sefo Liufau?

What I should have said was...

"Devin Ross would have liked this post but he dropped the mouse."

All kidding aside, I expect he'll break out of that slump and have a break out year this year. I think these kinds of things will be corrected by Chev.

Lingren is a better QBs coach than OC. He did a very decent job getting David Fales into NFL positioning. With more emphasis on his strengths as a position coach, Lingren could be key. Chev definitely ain't a QB coach.

As for George and a new coach, the pieces are already in place: Leavitt as HC, Tumpkin moves to DC and Chev has the "co" removed from OC. Continuity, with no re-start necessary.

I think it is pretty funny that some of you are anointing Chev as the better OC.

I think Sefo will be back strong. I was talking to my orthopedic surgeon about it. That area of the body heals slow because of poor blood flow. But these days they have good techniques to help healing and decrease recovery time. Two that he mentioned are Platlet Rich therapy and Stem Cell injections. I am sure Sefo is getting the best care possible.

If we can put the best of Sefo kurt there along with the playmakers we have added and an improved line, we will be much improved on offense. With an improved defense like most of us expect to have we should be going bowling. Go Buffs!

Is this normal or a sign that Lindgren isn't a very good QB coach?

Sort if rhetorical...

Grass is always greener.
We get it! You are mad at Chev. From what most Sefo apologists say Lindgren is the main culprit for Sefo's struggles. Oh and that all time worse OL.

FWIW I felt the Buffs OL played better in PAC 12 than Broncos OL in NFL.

We get it! You are mad at Chev. From what most Sefo apologists say Lindgren is the main culprit for Sefo's struggles. Oh and that all time worse OL.

oh man, you are lost

When you lose out on Webb, several coaches should shoulder the blame. Not a hard concept to grasp.

The bigger problem with Sefo is he does not get rid of the ball on time, consistently. How many double and triple clutches have we seen, before he rolls out to the right? It's seemingly our base passing play for the last 3 years. No offense can work well like that.

Last edited:
When you lose out on Webb, several coaches should shoulder the blame. Not a hard concept to grasp.
If and when CU starts playing big boy football we will hold them to standards much higher. Until then every criticism needs to be prefaced with how nice someone is and golly gee how lucky we are to have them onboard.

Here's a whole subreddit of Digger slaying those of us cursed with a comparably low IQ: https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart/top/

Forgive me, I should be nicer, I forgot about Digger's dating issues...
tumblr_mtdqq0ewrT1qckp4qo1_1280.png

Bookends:
Best case - Sefo film study during rehab pays off with a better vision of the field and better decision making, specially at the goal line. His tender shoulder from 2015 is no longer a liability and his lisfrac injury is healed enough to play opening game. Sefo delivers 2014 stats minus the INT and displays a pleasantly surprising command over the red zone and a mastery of clock management. The successful rehab and football IQ leads to a re-write of the single season QB records, and a 4 - 5 conference record, which is good enough for CU to go bowling.

Worse case: Not cleared by Dr's to play in 2016. Montez and Gerkhe are mostly game managers, not playmakers. The playbook is limited due to QB limitations. Buffs go 1-2 OOC and eek out an other 1-8 or 2-7 P12 campaign.

Prediction: Sefo soldiers through pain, early in the season, he remains the guy in Mac's mind who provides "the best chance to win." By season's end, CU's QB decision is "to play for the future." CU goes 2-1 OOC and steals a 3rd conference win from ASU or UCLA, which will be MacIntyre's signature victory during his tenure at CU.

Devin Ross thanks you for forgetting he dropped the ball...
No, I did not forget that Ross was personally responsible for at least a 16 point swing in the UCLA game and likely TDs at Wazzou and Utah.
We were talking coaching there, Ace. Reading comp obviously ain't your strength, eh?

Back