What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What will be our home record in '09?

What will be the buffs home record in '09

• Total voters
WTF are you talking about? I have a reputation for making fun of husker fans. Here's a clue you idiot!

Do you really think posting a picture of a dumb red neck with a bleach blond mullet next to drug vials is complimentary of Nebraska football fans?
Man you are one dumb s.o.b. Even the husker posters knew I was giving them a little $hit.

Uh, he knows that too. He was giving you **** for saying a NU catchphrase. And it is idot at Allbuffs, idot!

Why is it nobody will answer a simple question?

Which stat from that game gives you the most hope for next year? Which stat line would you rather have if looking objectively?

How about the fact that most games between the two teams are close and that we're playing at home, dumb****.

Why is it nobody will answer a simple question?

Which stat from that game gives you the most hope for next year? Which stat line would you rather have if looking objectively?

Also, since nobody will answer that one, I will bring back another question nobody answered:

What about Hawk's regime gives you hope for the future?

Attendance? Donations? Record? Any trend?

I'm not much of a hunter but I do look forward to "yabbit season" this fall..

-damn, we lost! yabbit they needed a 57 yard kick to win and only Crosby can do that.

-damn, we lost! yabbit they only averaged 5 yds a carry.

-damn, we lost! yabbit(insert stat here)

How about the CU/Nu series record the last 8 years is 4-4.

How about CU waxed NU the last time they visited Boulder

How about CU.NU game is usually a good close game?

How about Nebraska. Why do you think N Uwill come into Boulder and win when CU brings back more experience and talent than Nebraska?

Why are you so confident about NU? When was the last time NU won a real meaningful game? You are acting like NU is this great football program from the 90's. NU hasn't done **** the last ten years they have slipped to mediocrity and fusker fans get their joys by beating a mediocre CU team every other year.

Seriously dude, come back when NU is back on the national stage again. They aint **** right now, and I fully expect the Buffs to beat them once again this season.

How about the CU/Nu series record the last 8 years is 4-4.

How about CU waxed NU the last time they visited Boulder

How about CU.NU game is usually a good close game?

How about Nebraska. Why do you think N Uwill come into Boulder and win when CU brings back more experience and talent than Nebraska?

Why are you so confident about NU? When was the last time NU won a real meaningful game? You are acting like NU is this great football program from the 90's. NU hasn't done **** the last ten years they have slipped to mediocrity and fusker fans get their joys by beating a mediocre CU team every other year.

Seriously dude, come back when NU is back on the national stage again. They aint **** right now, and I fully expect the Buffs to beat them once again this season.

Meaningful game????? Umm...try the Gator Bowl vs. Clemson.

And Zac Lee will out perform Giggle Hawkins all day long. Your QB is crap. Our two Frosh QBs I'd take over Hawkins. Not being mean but I seriously don't know why he still plays the posistion.

And don't spout your usual "National Stage" bull**** when CU has had one NC....not to mention a NC season with multiple losses.

Only people who can even comment on "National Stages" is someone who's been there before.

Last edited:

And Zac Lee will out perform Giggle Hawkins all day long. Your QB is crap. Our two Frosh QBs I'd take over Hawkins. Not being mean but I seriously don't know why he still plays the posistion.

And don't spout your usual "National Stage" bull**** when CU has had one NC....not to mention a NC season with multiple losses.

Only people who can even comment on "National Stages" is someone who's been there before.

Clemson and meaningful do not compute. They haven't won a conference title in a long, long time. Even longer than NU (ooh snap!).

Clemson? Are you ****ing serious? Clemson? The team that fired it's coach midway through season? :lol: Oh and BTW, the only reason a 4 loss NU team was even in a New Years bowl is because of it's name. Just Like Notre Dame gets an automatic BCS bowl if they win 8 games.

You really think our QB is that bad? DUDE, he just ALMOST BEAT YOU IN YOUR HOUSE AFTER BEATING YOU HIS FRESHMAN SEASON!!! He has won some big games, he has beaten teams like Oklahoma before (when was the last time NU beat OU '01?). Cody is not an elite QB, but he is efficient and capable of beating an avergae husker team.

No, no don't even mention NU being on the national stage. Once again, how many confrence titles has Nu won this century? Try a big fat 0. 0 confrence titles in 10 years and you should not be talking national stage. Again, NU aint ****, they haven't done **** in 10 years. This is the same bull**** that we heard from husker fans when Cally was there. Ya'll are big talkers when you have a ****ty team.:lol:

Clemson? Are you ****ing serious? Clemson? The team that fired it's coach midway through season? :lol: Oh and BTW, the only reason a 4 loss NU team was even in a New Years bowl is because of it's name. Just Like Notre Dame gets an automatic BCS bowl if they win 8 games.

You really think our QB is that bad? DUDE, he just ALMOST BEAT YOU IN YOUR HOUSE AFTER BEATING YOU HIS FRESHMAN SEASON!!! He has won some big games, he has beaten teams like Oklahoma before (when was the last time NU beat OU '01?). Cody is not an elite QB, but he is efficient and capable of beating an avergae husker team.

No, no don't even mention NU being on the national stage. Once again, how many confrence titles has Nu won this century? Try a big fat 0. 0 confrence titles in 10 years and you should not be talking national stage. Again, NU aint ****, they haven't done **** in 10 years. This is the same bull**** that we heard from husker fans when Cally was there. Ya'll are big talkers when you have a ****ty team.:lol:

Never said we were elite or even that good......

Yes...a Gator Bowl win against a good Clemson team is significant.

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

If you are, that is a terribly flawed argument

Oh bull $hit, they will be starting a new QB, and don't have the supporting cast to make up for it. I would worry about KU and MU.
View attachment 3288

New QB but not much else will change. We lost 2 starting WR's but the guys taking their place played significantly last season. We lost a guard and (sort of) a tackle (who was in and out of the training room all season). The line will be the virtually the same that you saw last season with the same backs. If you recall, it wasn't NU's passing game that beat you, it was the running game. This game, just like every other year, you can throw the records and stats out the window. Cody beat NU as a freshman but with a full season under his belt just like NU's QB will have. I still think Mizzery is the weakest of this group based on their losses on both sides of the ball and on the sideline. Having a QB the level of Reesing makes KU the favorite and therefore the toughest game for anyone who wants the North title. Couldn't I use the experience argument against you since half your starters didn't finish the season?

Couldn't I use the experience argument against you since half your starters didn't finish the season?

We will have some of the most game time experience coming back in the confrence on offense. We also have two QB's who have logged in a lot of PT. people forget that Stewart was on pace to get 1,000+ rushing until his broken leg. Scott showed flashes and he didn't even play much. Our WR's and OL will be a huge improvement IMO. Simas and Simmons greatly upgrades our WR unit. Our line's biggest leader Ryan Miller doesn't lack experience. The offense is loaded with talent and experience. Expect it to be a lot different than the '08 buff offense. Buff D-line and LB are the areas we don't have much expereince going into the season.

Not very quick on the uptake are you 14er. Yabbit is a play on "yeah, but" I'll simple it down for ya so you can catch up.

You never answered my questions. Why should you expect Nebraska to come in and beat CU like you're so confident?

Also, Nebrakska fans have a yabbit season too. It's every 4 years or so when another coach buries them deeper into mediocrity. Yabbit only if we still had Osborne.

New QB but not much else will change. We lost 2 starting WR's but the guys taking their place played significantly last season. We lost a guard and (sort of) a tackle (who was in and out of the training room all season). The line will be the virtually the same that you saw last season with the same backs. If you recall, it wasn't NU's passing game that beat you, it was the running game. This game, just like every other year, you can throw the records and stats out the window. Cody beat NU as a freshman but with a full season under his belt just like NU's QB will have. I still think Mizzery is the weakest of this group based on their losses on both sides of the ball and on the sideline. Having a QB the level of Reesing makes KU the favorite and therefore the toughest game for anyone who wants the North title. Couldn't I use the experience argument against you since half your starters didn't finish the season?

Well said sir! Im just too lazy to argue today.

GBR

You never answered my questions. Why should you expect Nebraska to come in and beat CU like you're so confident?

Also, Nebrakska fans have a yabbit season too. It's every 4 years or so when another coach buries them deeper into mediocrity. Yabbit only if we still had Osborne.

Only question I saw was why am I so confident we will win in Boulder.

That's quite easy. For starters, our strength this year will be running the ball. Your weakness, I believe, will be stopping the run. Just not enough depth and top end talent. Our defense will be fairly strong and I have seen no evidence of the CU O puttining up big numbers. I would need to double check, but I THINK your best defenders graduated. I know people like the young safety kid and get wood over hits after the whistle(yippee) but the safetys weren't doing so hot when it was 5 ypc.

Most importantly, Hawk's seasons remind me of a High Schooler getting action. Starts out great, shoots the load early and lights out at the end.

His teams seem to have started seasons somewhat strong and faded down the stretch. Could be the new strength guy will help after a few years. More than likely, it is a lack of depth and that takes a while to correct.

Besides that, momentum is a MFer to stop and NU seems to have it in their favor right now.

Say what you want but every week you guys were saying NU is gonna get spanked...then it was ..oh, KU was overrrated anyway, Clemson..who?!?!..etc.

It's Ok to admit it, we are getting much better and it will probably make you guys better.

Now on the other hand, for the life of me I don't understand the optimism on your side. Generally speaking, when both teams were on the rise, NU owned the series. Aside from the 90, 91 and 2001 games, I really can't think of a time where you beat us and were TRuly better than us.

Only reason you beat us(as you unknowingly admit) this decade is because we were in a decline...NOT because you were on the upswing.

That my good posting buddy should disturb you.

Thanks for the intelligent posts.

That's quite easy. For starters, our strength this year will be running the ball. Your weakness, I believe, will be stopping the run. Just not enough depth and top end talent. Our defense will be fairly strong and I have seen no evidence of the CU O puttining up big numbers. I would need to double check, but I THINK your best defenders graduated. I know people like the young safety kid and get wood over hits after the whistle(yippee) but the safetys weren't doing so hot when it was 5 ypc.

Most importantly, Hawk's seasons remind me of a High Schooler getting action. Starts out great, shoots the load early and lights out at the end.

His teams seem to have started seasons somewhat strong and faded down the stretch. Could be the new strength guy will help after a few years. More than likely, it is a lack of depth and that takes a while to correct.

Besides that, momentum is a MFer to stop and NU seems to have it in their favor right now.

Say what you want but every week you guys were saying NU is gonna get spanked...then it was ..oh, KU was overrrated anyway, Clemson..who?!?!..etc.

It's Ok to admit it, we are getting much better and it will probably make you guys better.

Now on the other hand, for the life of me I don't understand the optimism on your side. Generally speaking, when both teams were on the rise, NU owned the series. Aside from the 90, 91 and 2001 games, I really can't think of a time where you beat us and were TRuly better than us.

Only reason you beat us(as you unknowingly admit) this decade is because we were in a decline...NOT because you were on the upswing.

That my good posting buddy should disturb you.

Thanks for the intelligent posts.

Like I said before, NU has done nothing yet. How many ranked teams have the fuskers beat? If beating an overatted Clemson team that had to fire it's coach during the season is momentum, then that is seriously slow momentum. Again, you guys almost (should have) lost to a bad Cu team in your own house on senior day just before the Clemson game. You really haven't proven much yet. And CU had a good season in '07 only to have a decline due to injuries last year. We saw the same stuff from you delusional fans with Callahan. Started ****ty, had a good year and you were pumping your chests about how you have restored the order to only collapse the next year. That lesson should have taught you to see more what Bo Peep has before start running your mouths. I can't wait until Bo Peep costs you another game with his temper, it is very entertaining to watch! I'm gonna like to see his reaction when Ryan Miller pancakes Suh to the turf in November! (Miller couldn't play this last year because of a broken leg).

quote]

Welp bud. you ARE right. Nebraska is Definitally on the up and up. And i completely believe that consequently CU will follow that rise. I think it will take teams , (NU and hopefully CU) consistantly defeating the BigXII south to TRULY bring US and Neb's to true power. Especially by being able to recruit strongly out of TX.
I DON"T think you guys will beat us though. not at home.

Last edited:
"And CU had a good season in '07 only to have a decline due to injuries last year. "

As I said, Cu will have issues because of a lack of depth. At least we apparently agree on that. Counting on MTM(twice injured) and Miller(badly injured for a big guy) to anchor a line is "rithky bidness". Worse yet, try losing an interior DL early on.

In assessing odds of future success, I look at the feel of the whole program..fan support, talent, coaching, performance trends, and all other things that successful programs have, etc.

Doing so honestly would lead one to belive one team is going this a way(up) and the other MAY be headed that a way(down).

CU will have some wins in this series. I just happen to think it will be along the lines of 2 or 3 out of 10.

Another way to look at this is that in our worst years since I have been alive, NU was pretty much 1 game from Bowling. Currently, NU is outclassed by approximately the top 7 teams or so. Anyone after that would be a pretty good game...and that's after a pretty rough recent history. That's not a bad position to be in when momentum is gaining.

In assessing odds of future success, I look at the feel of the whole program..fan support, talent, coaching, performance trends, and all other things that successful programs have, etc.

Yeah, that talent and coaching really showed up when you played a team battling for a bowl birth in Memorial. Wait, it didn't. Your kicker hits it a millimeter to the left or right and he misses. He made it, congrats. Stats be damned, but you guys were very close to losing to a non-veteran team. If the game was played on paper we should have lost badly, but it wasn't. We led until 2 minutes left in the game.

And trying to pull off the same ST fake kick you pulled off of KU was genius...for Hawk. If that wasn't being outcoached then I have no idea what is.

The future will tell us if Pelini or Hawk is a good coach for both programs. You guys definitely had more talent and depth when Pelini took over, so IMO, as of right now it's not an entirely accurate comparison. But a "inferior" coach beat a damn good OU last year and NU still hasn't beaten a good team (a 7-7 Clemson team that lost to every good team they played doesn't count with wins against SC State and The Citadel).

Getting over the rated bump

There was once a time when Nebraska was consistently rated among the top teams in the country and had little trouble beating unranked opponents.
These days, the shoes are on the other foot and the Huskers are having a hard time walking in them -- Nebraska takes an 18-game losing streak against opponents ranked higher than 20th into Saturday's road matchup at Texas Tech and is looking to break what is becoming a very difficult losing streak.
The streak got an ugly start in 2001 when the Huskers, ranked No. 2 at the time, walked into Boulder and got waxed by then-No. 14 Colorado 62-36. At the time, it was the most points a team had scored on Nebraska in its long and storied history, but it started a streak that continued Saturday when No. 4 Missouri beat Nebraska 52-17.
In fact, Nebraska has just one win against a ranked team since that time, a 32-28 win over 20th ranked Michigan in the 2005 Alamo Bowl. Nebraska's struggles against ranked opponents since the Nov. 23, 2001 at Colorado is as follows (team rankings in parenthesis):
Nov. 23, 2001 -- (14) Colorado 62, (2) Nebraska 36
*-Jan. 3, 2002 -- (1) Miami 37, (4) Nebraska 14
Sept. 28, 2002 -- (19) Iowa State 36, (20) Nebraska 14
Nov. 2, 2002 -- (7) Texas 27, Nebraska 24
Nov. 16, 2002 -- (11) Kansas State 49, Nebraska 13
Nov. 29, 2002 -- (13) Colorado 28, Nebraska 13
Nov. 1, 2003 -- (16) Texas 31, (12) Nebraska 7
Nov. 13, 2004 -- (2) Oklahoma 30, Nebraska 3
Oct. 8, 2005 -- (15) Texas Tech 34, Nebraska 31
Sept. 16, 2006 -- (4) USC 28, (19) Nebraska 10
Oct. 21, 2006 -- (5) Texas 22, (17) Nebraska 20
**-Dec. 2, 2006 -- (8) Oklahoma 21, (19) Nebraska 7
#-Jan. 1, 2007 -- (10) Auburn 17, (22) Nebraska 14
Sept. 15, 2007 -- (1) USC 49, (14) Nebraska 31
Oct. 6, 2007 -- (17) Missouri 41, (25) Nebraska 6
Oct. 27, 2007 -- (17) Texas 28, Nebraska 25
Nov. 3, 2007 -- (8) Kansas 76, Nebraska 39
Oct. 4, 2008 -- (4) Missouri 52, Nebraska 17
They lost the game to TT, and I still don't think they have beat a ranked opponent since the 2005 Alamo Bowl.
huskersurfing.jpg

Last edited:
Clemson and meaningful do not compute. They haven't won a conference title in a long, long time. Even longer than NU (ooh snap!).

Fusker fans are now citing the Gator Bowl - yes, that ****ing GATOR BOWL, as a meaningful game.

The transition to mediocrity is now complete.... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fusker fans are now citing the Gator Bowl - yes, that ****ing GATOR BOWL, as a meaningful game.

The transition to mediocrity is now complete.... :lol::lol::lol:

But NU can't be mediocre. Steve Pederson said he'd never allow that!:lol:

Torn between 3-3 and 2-4

Losses: Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska
Wins: Wyo, CSU
Toss Up: A&M

If either line had any stability I'd be more inclined to go 4-2

Back