What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What will this game tell us?

sackman

Hates the Counting Crows.
Club Member
If we win by 20+, does that portend a bowl game?
If we win by less than 7, what does that tell us, if anything?
If we lose, by less than 7, can we still salvage the season?
If we lose by 20+ are we doomed for another 1-11 type season?

If we win by 20+, does that portend a bowl game?
No it tells us CSU sucks

If we win by less than 7, what does that tell us, if anything?
that we won a game and wont get shut out.

If we lose, by less than 7, can we still salvage the season?
that will be tough, more central arky players may need to get suspended.

If we lose by 20+ are we doomed for another 1-11 type season?
NO. 0-12 like season.

I am more interested in things like QB play, linebacker play, defensive aggressiveness, these will tell us how the season will go.

When we win, especially if it is by 20+ it should give a huge confidence boost for the season and no reason why we could no finish the non conference schedule 2-1 or 3-0.

If we lose by 20+ we will be lucky to win a game all year.

I don't think winning or losing this game really tells us much. I'm really looking to see the players grasp of HCMM's system more than anything.

Given we only have a limited set of winnable games, a win gives us hope....a loss essentially means we're looking at another season like last year's

Want to see a win, obviously... But

no quitting, whether ahead or behind, is what i really want to see

A decent guage of how well our lines are going to play this year. Is CSU going to run all over us? Will the DL create pressure, stop the run. CSU will be a good test.

honestly, whether we can start putting trust in HCMM to pull us out of this hole. That's all. Lots of variables besides score will go into it.

A win would put last year further in the rear view mirror which would be really significant! This game provides a chance to solidify our bright spots like PR and Christian with this system. If our D line can be respectable vs. what is a pretty good O line for CSU, so much the better.

Like all games, it's a measuring stick. How well have the new coaches done their job over the past 9 months? How well have the players accepted the change, picked up the new scheme, etc. I wouldn't use it as much of a barometer. I expect the Buffs will play many teams which are much better than CSU, and I expect that the Buffs will continue to improve as the season goes along.

Seriously? You don't think we'll be able to take anything away from this game other than we won or lost?

Not really. It's a weird game. I think CSU's going to be horrible again this year but how they play on Sunday won't be reflective of that. I just want a win followed by a lot of improvement in week 2 to set us up for a difficult Fresno State test.

We win by twenty plus and I'll breathe a little easier about the rest of this season. Win by thirty + and we could be on our way to a better year than I think we are going to have. Win by seven or less and I see another long season ahead with a lot of work to do. Lose - just another year with an early bitter taste in my mouth. Losing to the lammies sucks big time.

I remember a few years back, and CU won pretty easily. One thing I noticed, though, was that our special teams were turribul. I commented at the time that I felt like that could be a real issue for us. It turned out to be a big issue for us. I want to say this was 2007 or 2008.

I think we have coaches that are worlds better than last year. If we had OL depth and any continuity at all, I think we could win this by 10 plus points easily.

But we don't. And that worries me. So a win says alot to me. Actually, a CU win should say a hell of alot to CSU too. It will tell them they got the wrong guy.

Actually, a CU win should say a hell of alot to CSU too. It will tell them they got the wrong guy.

I disagree. CSU should never really expect to beat CU. Never. There will be times when it happens. There will be times when they're trending up and we're trending down. But on balance, the expectation is always that CU will win the game. You don't fire a coach who fails to win a game he never should win in the first place. Plus, he won last year. That bought him another 4 years in Ft. Fun.

I remember a few years back, and CU won pretty easily. One thing I noticed, though, was that our special teams were turribul. I commented at the time that I felt like that could be a real issue for us. It turned out to be a big issue for us. I want to say this was 2007 or 2008.

2008 was 38-17, special teams were atrocious that year

They were lifeless in 2010 was well, 24-3 victory with a late junk fg.

If we lose, we know we suck.

If we win, we know CSU sucks but don't know for sure if we suck or not...

Not really. It's a weird game. I think CSU's going to be horrible again this year but how they play on Sunday won't be reflective of that. I just want a win followed by a lot of improvement in week 2 to set us up for a difficult Fresno State test.
The bolded would make me ecstatic.

It depends on how whatever scenario it turns out to be plays out. In other words, we will learn more based on how we play at various positions as well as coaching.

I want to see a better team take the field for the last game of the year than I saw the first game of the year.

Use 2001 as an example. Just an example only. CU is so far away from that team.

Even if CU loses by 20+. Yeah, it hurts our egos for a year with the ewes. But, if CU goes on to win 4 to 5 games? And most of them in the 2nd half that shows the team trending toward the positive?

Or they win the game by 20+ and then blow every game the rest of the year. Who the heck wants that?

IMO, at this time, we are best to take this team one week at a time and embrace any and all improvement we see in them at all.

And at the the end of the season if we see a team that is bowl eligible, we are thankful. If not? Did we see a team that got better week by week? Was not embarrassed in the 1st quarter/half. Did CU actually put a real scare into a much better team?

That is where we are now. It sucks but, it is what it is. I want to see a better team in week 11 than week 1 at this point. Just one reason to be hopeful. That would be nice.

We lose a close one,hopefully there are positives to take away.
We lose big,hold your breath bite your cheek see what week 2 brings.
We win by a little,**** yea!A W is a W!
We win big,reinforces how ****ty last years situation was.....
I'm walking on egg shells till kickoff

Back