What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What will this game tell us?

If we lose, it will tell us that our coaching staff is not good... which could still be a vast improvement over Hawk and Embree, but would still be demoralizing

I expect there to be a lot of overreaction either way. Those that have drank the kool aid so far, would have evidence for CU being able to show something this year. People like me, that are still incredibly skeptical, would have to admit that the team could make some noise. CSU isn't good by any stretch, but a win over them and a win over Central Arkansas would give the team a lot of confidence heading into a home game against Fresno. Would probably be a crazy atmosphere for that game.

A loss, particularly a blow out (don't see that happening on either side) will make all the kool aid drinkers abandon ship, and put them on suicide watch for the Central Arkansas game. Some will question whether the coach was the right hire, and whether getting to a bowl game within 3 years is even possible.

CSU is favored to win the game. Not sure how you can say that.
Public money. Vegas had us @ -2.5 opening. A 5.5 pt. swing is f_cking huge. Public are a bunch of morons, but a loss to CSU will be completely demoralizing. Don't agree with barometer of coaching staff though.

This game will tell me if the kids have heart. They have fragile egos after last season and how they react to this game will say a lot about the future. Walk away with confidence (regardless if they win) and ill be impressed. Get the "here we go again attitude" and were screwed.

If we lose, it will tell us that our coaching staff is not good... which could still be a vast improvement over Hawk and Embree, but would still be demoralizing

Anybody who truly believes this is an idot. I'm serious as a heart attack. If you believe that a coaching staff can in anyway be successfully evaluated after their first game then you are a stupid human being. Of course, this isn't really surprising since we know that half of the people on earth are below average when it comes to intelligence...

I just want to "learn" that our players can line-up, and run an organized offense and defense. another words not look like an episode of keystone cops playing football

I want to see a better team take the field for the last game of the year than I saw the first game of the year.

Use 2001 as an example. Just an example only. CU is so far away from that team.

Even if CU loses by 20+. Yeah, it hurts our egos for a year with the ewes. But, if CU goes on to win 4 to 5 games? And most of them in the 2nd half that shows the team trending toward the positive?

Or they win the game by 20+ and then blow every game the rest of the year. Who the heck wants that?

IMO, at this time, we are best to take this team one week at a time and embrace any and all improvement we see in them at all.

And at the the end of the season if we see a team that is bowl eligible, we are thankful. If not? Did we see a team that got better week by week? Was not embarrassed in the 1st quarter/half. Did CU actually put a real scare into a much better team?

That is where we are now. It sucks but, it is what it is. I want to see a better team in week 11 than week 1 at this point. Just one reason to be hopeful. That would be nice.
This. This. A thousand times, This. That said, I think some early success and a win on Sunday would do wonders for the confidence of the team.

Whether we win or lose, we will have run(s) in the game of adversity. Will we hang our heads and let the other team score at will? Or will we recover and play roll with the ebbs and flows of the game? That will be discussed on Monday morning, after I'm sober.

IF we win against CSU, we should be able to beat Central Arkansas.

As for the Pac-12 schedule as long as we beat CSU, the possible wins would be @OSU, Arizona, Cal, USC, and @ Utah. That is how we would be able to make a bowl game by winning those games. CU actually winning those games is a different story and we will see how the season turns out.

Back