What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What would be the impact of Braxton Miller or Everett Golson transferring to CU?

Transfer QB Hypothetical?

• Total voters

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Just for fun. Hypothetical brought up by RyanK on twitter.

One season as a senior transfer.

Does either (both) put us in a bowl game?

How many more games do we win?

Which guy is the better fit?

Would CU be better off, if one of those transfers was on the table, to say "no thanks" and roll with Sefo?

Can they move to defense? I don't think a QB change would be all that beneficial.

Last edited:
IMO you take either. A real zone read threat, and passing not any less effective than what we have now. RS Sefo and tell him to learn from the sideline. Doubtful, but either puts CU in a position to realistically make a bowl.

Braxton coming back at full health gets us to 8 wins.

Everett, I'm not so sure. He's another turnover machine and will be working without a talent advantage in almost every game. He hasn't done well without that advantage.

Braxton coming back at full health gets us to 8 wins.

Everett, I'm not so sure. He's another turnover machine and will be working without a talent advantage in almost every game. He hasn't done well without that advantage.

I agree with you believe it or not. Braxton's name alone and the situation would be a big, big boost to the program. Too bad it's just a wet dream.

fwiw, I'd take Golson over Miller and I think it makes CU a bowl team.

Golson turned the ball over (14 INTs, 12 fumbles) more than Sefo. I don't think we'd see a huge jump with him. I'll take Miller.

Golson turned the ball over (14 INTs, 12 fumbles) more than Sefo. I don't think we'd see a huge jump with him. I'll take Miller.

Golson's OL fell apart the last half of the year.

Is Miller even a QB any more? 2 shoulder injuries, the last keeping him out a full season. And if you go back to his 2013 stats for the last 4 or 5 games, he wasn't even good within an Ohio State offense that protected him.

Give me Golson.

Our offense could have been better last year but it wasn't what kept us from winning.

I don't think a change at QB would make us a much better team and we would be disrupting everything we do for a single year in which we still wouldn't be doing a lot.

When Wisconsin picked up Russell Wilson they had a top 25 team in search of a QB, perfect situation for a one year guy. We have a bottom 25 defense, QB and offensive system change doesn't make us a factor. Now if we could pick up a legitimate starting DE or OLB who could rush the passer or cover the TE I would be all for it.

Someone who takes care of the ball would be very beneficial for this team. Not allowing the other team to begin drives on our side of the 50 is huge. Not saying either of them wouldn't have turnovers, but Sefo had far too many that hurt our chances at winning some games.

Our offense could have been better last year but it wasn't what kept us from winning.

I don't think a change at QB would make us a much better team and we would be disrupting everything we do for a single year in which we still wouldn't be doing a lot.

When Wisconsin picked up Russell Wilson they had a top 25 team in search of a QB, perfect situation for a one year guy. We have a bottom 25 defense, QB and offensive system change doesn't make us a factor. Now if we could pick up a legitimate starting DE or OLB who could rush the passer or cover the TE I would be all for it.

Most of AB was against the idea of bringing Wilson in (he was in the Rockies farm system). Didn't want to mess with what we had going with Hansen. Should be a thread somewhere.

I have never been too impressed with Braxton and I think last season showed how he wasn't anything special and it was more of the system. He never seemed to be able to make the throw when it counted. That said, if people think Sefo turns the ball over a lot, go watch Golson. Holy s***. Dude gets stripped by air more than I have ever seen.

Most of AB was against the idea of bringing Wilson in (he was in the Rockies farm system). Didn't want to mess with what we had going with Hansen. Should be a thread somewhere.

I think Sefo is light years ahead of Hansen. Bigger issue is that bringing in a guy for one year at a position that is not a critical need doesn't advance us much in getting where we eventually want to go.

Wisconsin was in a completely different place with Wilson than we are now. They had a fairly complete team that was ready to compete with anyone in their conference with the exception of at the QB position.

I think Sefo is light years ahead of Hansen. Bigger issue is that bringing in a guy for one year at a position that is not a critical need doesn't advance us much in getting where we eventually want to go.

Wisconsin was in a completely different place with Wilson than we are now. They had a fairly complete team that was ready to compete with anyone in their conference with the exception of at the QB position.
:wow:

I don't think it would make much, if any, difference on the field, but I do think that the team would sell more tickets and that recruiting would get a bump.

Why not both?

Too many threads have this as the answer.

From last year, with Miller I think we win CSU, UCLA, OSU, and ASU. Not sure he would have made a difference in the others.

Back