What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What would be the impact of Braxton Miller or Everett Golson transferring to CU?

Transfer QB Hypothetical?

• Total voters
Touché. I had forgotten how close those were...and that numerous opportunities came down to Sefo not being able to pick up 2 yards when needed.
When did we need 2 yards but Sefo couldn't get it? I think you're thinking of the CSU game.

Lots of times. X and goal in overtime. Ran out of bounds 2 yards short of s first numerous times. Whether it be he got stuffed or the D didn't respect his ability to run so they just stuffed whatever play we did run.

IMO you take either. A real zone read threat, and passing not any less effective than what we have now. RS Sefo and tell him to learn from the sideline. Doubtful, but either puts CU in a position to realistically make a bowl.

this is pretty much where i am, get which ever is the bigger 1 man offense. Either one gets us a ton of media coverage, we can redshirt Sefo and have a decent quarterback situation fo rthe next 3 years.

IMO you take either. A real zone read threat, and passing not any less effective than what we have now. RS Sefo and tell him to learn from the sideline. Doubtful, but either puts CU in a position to realistically make a bowl.

I disagree there, although Sefo isn't great. His interceptions are a big problem, but he can hit the broad side of a barn. Golson and Miller are questionable on that, and really are game to game regarding their accuracy.

That said, if CU wanted to run the QB more, like with their supposed pistol offense, I think Miller would be a significant upgrade.

Lots of times. X and goal in overtime. Ran out of bounds 2 yards short of s first numerous times. Whether it be he got stuffed or the D didn't respect his ability to run so they just stuffed whatever play we did run.
So basically just a blanket statement with no real examples.

Not getting in the end zone on X and goal in OT against Cal isn't necessarily a QB problem. Three straight run plays and a RB that went the wrong way on 4th down.

How many times did we see CU get stuffed on a 3rd and 1 run in 2014? I felt like it was at least 2-3 times a game.

Not getting in the end zone on X and goal in OT against Cal isn't necessarily a QB problem. Three straight run plays and a RB that went the wrong way on 4th down.

How many times did we see CU get stuffed on a 3rd and 1 run in 2014? I felt like it was at least 2-3 times a game.

That's partly my point. We didn't even have the "threat" to do so, so they didn't need to waste a player spying on the QB. Same with UCLA.

Apparently not Oregon State or UCLA. I doubt Oregon would bring in two grad transfers at QB in one year. Washington seems like the most likely team since reports on QB play from their spring game were not good.

I'm thinking it's Whoregon. They just stole the EWU QB but beyond that, their depth is 5hit. Gholson fits their offense better than the pups.

Don't see OSU-My precedent here is the QBs Anderson had at Wisconsin.......They don't need a playmaker. UW seems like a fit-but weren't they 2012 CU bad offensively last year? Isn't Jonathan Smith (their OC) on the chopping block this year? UCLA would make sense-Jerry Neuheisel has been unimpressive to me. I think ASU rolls with that Italian kid who stepped in for Kelly. Watch out for UA-Rich Rod may want somebody else who can push Solomon.

Don't see OSU-My precedent here is the QBs Anderson had at UW.......They don't need a playmaker. UW seems like a fit-but weren't they 2012 CU bad offensively last year? Isn't Jonathan Smith (their OC) on the chopping block this year? I'm guessing its UCLA. Jerry Neuheisel has been unimpressive to me.

Now that I think of it my statement was poorly thought out, no way UO. I totally contradicted myself. I can see UCLA, good call. I hope it's CU tho.

ASU is super high on Berkovicci. No, that isn't spelled correctly. I think UW is probably the best guess.

First, the chances that he actually lands at a Pac 12 school is remote when the other programs involved include FSU and Alabama, both of which are QB "needy". Second, I think there are really only two programs in the P12 you can realistically rule out, and that's USC and Cal. Golson would probably be an upgrade at the position for every other program.

Steve Spurrier said that SC isn't pursuing Golson. If true, it would leave FSU, Bama and the unknown Pac 12 team. Even if CU may be a real long shot, what are the odds that MM and Lindgren reached out to him?

First, the chances that he actually lands at a Pac 12 school is remote when the other programs involved include FSU and Alabama, both of which are QB "needy". Second, I think there are really only two programs in the P12 you can realistically rule out, and that's USC and Cal. Golson would probably be an upgrade at the position for every other program.

He was benched late in the year and had major turnover issues. The year he took ND to the title game he didn't really do anything except manage the game. They had the number one defense in the nation that year (or close to it). I don't really get why so many people are enamored with him. He is nothing special but he is athletic so people overlook his attributes as a QB.

He was benched late in the year and had major turnover issues. The year he took ND to the title game he didn't really do anything except manage the game. They had the number one defense in the nation that year (or close to it). I don't really get why so many people are enamored with him. He is nothing special but he is athletic so people overlook his attributes as a QB.

Athletic QB is a great equalizer in college football.

Back