What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What year was it?

BuffLuke80

Club Member
Club Member
We were playing Nebraska. I'm not sure if it was in Lincoln or Boulder? I want to say like '99 or 2000. That onside kick in the Cowboys game got me thinking. We were losing but didn't do a standard onside kick. Our kicker kicked a damn worm burner or line drive off the ****ing up man and got the ball back. I can't remember if he banked it off his ass or leg or what? We ended up losing 33-28 or something. I couldn't find a clip so I'm not sure?

It was even worse than that we were winning. We were losing almost the entire day (we took the lead for about a couple minutes in the 3rd quarter only to give it back). CU is down 7 in the fourth and goes on a 10 or 11 play drive, culminating in a TD pass with under a minute to play to make the score 31-30 fuskers. Then Barnett puts his nuts on the table and goes for two and the apparent win. The try is successful and CU goes up 32-31 only to **** up the squib kick and give the fuskers the ball with only about 25 yards needed to get into FG range. What a nut punch loss, but it only contributed to the epicness of 62-36 the next year.

It was even worse than that we were winning. We were losing almost the entire day (we took the lead for about a couple minutes in the 3rd quarter only to give it back). CU is down 7 in the fourth and goes on a 10 or 11 play drive, culminating in a TD pass with under a minute to play to make the score 31-30 ****ers. Then Barnett puts his nuts on the table and goes for two and the apparent win. The try is successful and CU goes up 32-31 only to **** up the squib kick and give the ****ers the ball with only about 25 yards needed to get into FG range. What a nut punch loss, but it only contributed to the epicness of 62-36 the next year.

The 5 games leading up to the 2001 game were all Nub wins by an average of 3 points.
Most of them consisted of CU coming out flat, the Nubs getting the lead, and a frantic CU comeback coming up short. The 2000 game was the first one of those 5 where we actually took the lead (notwithstanding the 99 game where we kicked a FG on our possession only to give up a TD on the Nubs' turn).

I came up with the theory that if we were even close at halftime, we would win the game. In 2001 we destroyed them so badly that it was hard to test that theory, but in 2002 and 2004, it was right on.

But in 2003 we had the lead in the 3rd quarter and lost, so who knows, lol.

The 5 games leading up to the 2001 game were all Nub wins by an average of 3 points.
Most of them consisted of CU coming out flat, the Nubs getting the lead, and a frantic CU comeback coming up short. The 2000 game was the first one of those 5 where we actually took the lead (notwithstanding the 99 game where we kicked a FG on our possession only to give up a TD on the Nubs' turn).

I came up with the theory that if we were even close at halftime, we would win the game. In 2001 we destroyed them so badly that it was hard to test that theory, but in 2002 and 2004, it was right on.

But in 2003 we had the lead in the 3rd quarter and lost, so who knows, lol.

We won in 99. The kick was good. Justice for Sab and Justice for Aldrich!

We won in 99. The kick was good. Justice for Sab and Justice for Aldrich!

I thought it was! But from where I was at (upper horseshoe, SE corner), I admittedly couldn't accurate judge the distance.

Still, to this day, I thought the first one was good and the second one in OT wasn't.

Back