What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's it take to beat Oregon?

if they hold Oregon to 24 points, I'm gonna sacrifice @sweaty teets to the gods. Just saying, we haven't played anyone all that good on offense yet, so it's not all sunshine and rainbows.

No argument here. Oregon is a totally different level of competition. Still if we can be +2 in TO and near our average in scoring defense, we have a shot.

What's it take to beat Oregon?

Short answer: Utah's team.

Longer answer: A complete failure on the part of UO's QB play. 1st QTR game ending injuries to the first 3 RB's on UO's depth chart. But even with all this it is hard to see CU keeping UO under 30.

Short answer: Utah's team.

Longer answer: A complete failure on the part of UO's QB play. 1st QTR game ending injuries to the first 3 RB's on UO's depth chart. But even with all this it is hard to see CU keeping UO under 30.
Quoted for historical value.

You guys are still over-respecting them from what I read. I know what they've done the last six seasons. I don't believe they will fall apart now that both Chip Kelly and Marcus Mariota aren't up there. That being said, the issues that Utah exposed don't get fixed in a week. Especially with Scott Frost saying playing Adams would be a "disservice to the kid" (Hint: expect Jeff Lockie to start the game) and both Byron Marshall and Charles Nelson not being sure things to play. They'll come out angry-but they can't stop anyone defensively (Sure, thats been the case for years with the Ducks) and they're too one dimensional offensively. I expect more focus offensively than what we saw against Nicholls........a good night running the ball, and enough success through the air. I expect the D to contain Royce Freeman and force them to throw as much as they can, and I don't think Adams or Lockie can do enough through the air to win the game-Buffs 38, Ducks 31

If we break it, it means that we did not allow a sack or throw an INT in the Oregon game.
ok, before today, I would have thought the opposite -- that would be "extending" the streak, not "breaking" it.

Plus, oregon had beat us five times in a row, covered the spread each time, and beat us by more than 22 each time. #breakthestreaks

Re watched that o vs u game last night. 1 TD by o was only because of a huge return pretty much. 2nd TD was a brand new QB came in and the utes D did not really have time to adjust on that quick drive. After the u D made some adjustments, o was done. We need our DL to play tough and the backers need to close on the RB's and make the QB throw. The DB's cheat up damn near every play. Really wish Adkins could go, has the potential to have a huge day. Spruce has the opportunity to completely school those CB's. Send a couple of fly routes and with Fields/Bobo/JMac and Sefo drop it in there, Game On!

Re watched that o vs u game last night. 1 TD by o was only because of a huge return pretty much. 2nd TD was a brand new QB came in and the utes D did not really have time to adjust on that quick drive. After the u D made some adjustments, o was done. We need our DL to play tough and the backers need to close on the RB's and make the QB throw. The DB's cheat up damn near every play. Really wish Adkins could go, has the potential to have a huge day. Spruce has the opportunity to completely school those CB's. Send a couple of fly routes and with Fields/Bobo/JMac and Sefo drop it in there, Game On!

If we get post injury Sefo from the RMS, the offense is going to have a huge day. He dropped some dimes on fields and ross and those kinds of things would break the back of the ducks.

If we get post injury Sefo from the RMS, the offense is going to have a huge day. He dropped some dimes on fields and ross and those kinds of things would break the back of the ducks.

Sefo has to set his his feet sometimes when he rolls out of the pocket, he definitely had the time to do so against Nicholls. Also if he is going to throw on the run he needs to run a little forward when he is throwing. He keeps running sideways and the ball sails where he is moving. Either set your feet or get your body moving forward when you throw or he is going to be inaccurate on those throws.

So, Neil Woelk has an article on cubuffs.com today detailing what he thinks it's going to take for the Buffs to beat the ducks... mostly common sense stuff, but I see this tucked in there:

...The punting game has improved dramatically since a blocked attempt early in the Hawai’i game...

I guess the CUBuffs.com writing staff thinks if they say this enough that we'll believe it. All my criticism from last week stands (see here), and the punting last Saturday was just as bad: 2 punts for gross 76 yds. (38 yd. average) and nothing pinned inside the 20, plus a touchback. The net (including the touchback yardage) was two punts for a net average of 26.5 yds.

The gross average from the Nicholls game alone would be 120th in FBS if it were their season average, and the net average would be 125th. These ranks are WORSE than last week, so punting, while a bit better, has not improved as fast as the dregs of FBS punting.

As it stands, the season-long numbers for the Buffs are 36 yds/avg gross and 21.0 yds/avg net. This is 125th and 127th overall in FBS.

I understand Kinney's a freshman, but lets call a spade a spade: punting has been TERRIBLE this year so far.

So, Neil Woelk has an article on cubuffs.com today detailing what he thinks it's going to take for the Buffs to beat the ducks... mostly common sense stuff, but I see this tucked in there:

I guess the CUBuffs.com writing staff thinks if they say this enough that we'll believe it. All my criticism from last week stands (see here), and the punting last Saturday was just as bad: 2 punts for gross 76 yds. (38 yd. average) and nothing pinned inside the 20, plus a touchback. The net (including the touchback yardage) was two punts for a net average of 26.5 yds.

The gross average from the Nicholls game alone would be 120th in FBS if it were their season average, and the net average would be 125th. These ranks are WORSE than last week, so punting, while a bit better, has not improved as fast as the dregs of FBS punting.

As it stands, the season-long numbers for the Buffs are 36 yds/avg gross and 21.0 yds/avg net. This is 125th and 127th overall in FBS.

I understand Kinney's a freshman, but lets call a spade a spade: punting has been TERRIBLE this year so far.

Well it went from horrendous to poor. That is an improvement. Of course it could be better, but the past 3 games, punting hasn't been dangerous.

I agree with Woelk and posted in another thread that a fast start would be huge. UO is in a place the have not been in for a long time and there is doubt creeping into their minds. I know they think they can turn it on and the results will change but doubt is there in the back of their minds. if we get a fast start Saturday night and get up on them early, the doubt will start to grow and it will be displayed in undisciplined, penalty ridden football which will provide more opportunities for CU to take advantage of.

The Ducks have not had the experience of working thru this type of adversity and it will be interesting to see if they can handle it. I do not think they will be able to and we need to take advantage of it and not let them settle into the game and gain confidence.

Get up early with a fast start is priority one and mission critical.

We need to slow their defensive rush and have our speediest receivers get open. I don't think Sefo can be consistent while throwing thru "immense pain" (unless that was said to keep them off balance), and if they put a lot of pressure on him, we have problems.

Good news is that I am seeing more confidence in CU fans and sites than I have in a longtime. If this confidence is extending to the Buffs team then I expect a competitve game. Worries over Oregon being mad over last week are moot points. No one should be madder than our players.
I will be surprised with his Sickle Cell if Vernon Adams plays. A huge health risk if he does.

I'm concerned about all the press lately that is saying Oregon is vulnerable. That's the kind of press that serves as motivation.

Of course, if we can withstand their initial push, doubts WILL creep into their heads. Then all that press starts to work in our favor. My concern is that they're going to really take it out on us this week. We need to get into the second half tied or within one score.

I'm concerned about all the press lately that is saying Oregon is vulnerable. That's the kind of press that serves as motivation.

Of course, if we can withstand their initial push, doubts WILL creep into their heads. Then all that press starts to work in our favor. My concern is that they're going to really take it out on us this week. We need to get into the second half tied or within one score.
Not worried about this at all, its blood in the water. It should make our guys hungry and no one should be more pissed off than us. We still have nothing to lose and everything to gain and that is a great place to be. This should be treated by as CU's superbowl.

Must get off to a quick start. Oregon lost confidence against Utah, that they hope to regain quickly in Folsom. Get them off track early, and we got a shot.

Any time I've seen Oregon lose, it's because they showed up for a boxing match and a fight broke out. To beat them, a team has to impose its will in the trenches and have sure tackling.

Back