What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's the best excuse after a loss?

"We just weren't good enough"
"The dog ate my playbook"
"It was Baer's fault"
"Sefo thought I was yelling "DON'T HIKE IT, DON'T HIKE IT!!"
"The sun got in my eyes"

This season is starting to remind me of 1984. Lot of competitve loses on theway to a 1-10 season and losing to Drake. We will see if this team can get over the hump next year and get to a bowl and we wee the win/loss record start to change.

We knew who they were, but we left them off of the hook!

If you don't count X (where X is quarters or half), we would have won! Disregarding that a team like UCLA would say "if we don't count the fourth quarter we won by 3 TDs."

Two QBs had a bad day, but one made mistakes that really hurt his team, the other just didn't make plays be should have.

Also a defense that shows up sporadically.

[video=youtube;liFmMcmigsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liFmMcmigsQ[/video]

The Cal game has ended up being more than one loss. We have yet to finish a game. UCLA did so just last week, and has done so plenty.

Please dismount from that tall stallion from which you lecture. I would like a word with you, Tsarbomba.

Don't just go about addressing the board with a generic "you guys" comments. Call people out by name. Be specific in your outbursts. Don't paint the whole board with one brush stroke.

You can write internet forum posts the way you want, Skidmark, and I will write the way I want. And I see little reason to follow your advice when posting in a thread where pretty much every previous post has been made by a whiny little three year old who "wants my good team NOW, mommy!" I think that listing six, seven, or whatever screen names would add little, if anything, to may point. Either my point is a good one, or not.

Being disappointed after a loss is normal. Being frustrated with a 2-6, 0-5 record is acceptable. This IS a bad record, and the odds are long against seeing these guys make a bowl game this year. Again. It really should be no surprise that CU's performance leads to the conclusion that this IS a bad team. In fact, it's currently the WORST team in the Pac 12.

And that attitude, Skidmark, is exactly the problem with a large percentage of the denizens of this board. If HCMM does instantly improve this team, doesn't give us our good team right now, it leads "being disappointed," "being frustrated," and "lead[ing] to the conclusion that this IS a bad team." I think that any rational Buffs fan should not be disappointed. In fact, any rational Buffs fan should be optimistic, and have good hope for the future trajectory of the team.

It really should be no surprise that CU's performance leads to the conclusion that this IS a bad team. In fact, it's currently the WORST team in the Pac 12.

Meh. I do not see how anyone, especially a Buffs fan, can come to the conclusion that this is a "bad" team. They have played tough, and they have not folded. If I told you ten weeks ago that CU would take a ranked UCLA into double overtime after overcoming a 17 point deficit, I am pretty sure that you would have thought that such performance indicated a great improvement, unless you think that HCMM should have been able to wave a magic wand and transform the Buffs into national champions in an instant. I think that any rational observer sees CU getting better, that they are actually competitive and on par with most of the other teams in the Pac-12. And maybe they are the worst, but not looking like a high school team playing the Pittsburgh Steelers like they did in 2011, 2012 and to some degree 2013. At the beginning of this season, I think that most real Buffs fans thought that the team should continue getting better and show that they can be competitive. That, to me, was a reasonable goal, and they have met it. So, I think that disappointment and frustration and, (maybe not from you, Skidmark, but certainly from others) outright anger are totally unwarranted, counter-productive, and indicate an inability to analyze the team that you follow like you would any other team.

This is a concept that may be hard to grasp, but it is possible to be mad and still love these Buffaloes.

Dude, seriously? I grasp that. I grasp it very, very well. There are times when you should be mad. . I remember a moment watching CU play Sac State where Sac State made a simple counter sweep to the right and every single CU defensive player bit on the counter and nobody stayed in their lane and played fundamental football. On that day I was angry, and realized that the coaching staff had no idea what they were doing, and just had to go. Getting boat raced by Fresno State was another time. Losing to Kansas in the 4th quarter when CU had an insurmountable lead was another time. Those were times to be frustrated, angry, mad, whatever negative feeling you want. But this is not that time. This is not even close. This is a time to be hopeful, happy, and to realize that this team has the potential for a bright future.

All that participation and orange slice stuff is fine and good, but it is no substitute for actually, you know, demonstrating excellence and imposing their superiority with a win.

Rome wasn't built in a day. Building "excellence" and "superiority" takes time, in addition to effort and resources. It is a process. To my eye, that process is ongoing, and HCMM and staff are doing a good job. I like watching CU get better, even if they get better slowly.

The intent of this thread was to lighten things up a bit. There were certain excuses I kept hearing that were annoying me. For instance, the way that people Monday Morning Quarterback and will jump all over the OC if he calls a run play on 3rd and 2 or less (but only if the play fails). I caught myself about to make a total asshole post, so decided to joke about this stuff instead. I was hoping this thread would end up funny, with people making up creative excuses. Maybe it was too soon after a loss. Strange for Allbuffs that it was so serious.

Heh, thought the same Buffnik. Excuses are different than reasons. There are some serious reasons why we can't finish, but we've heard them repeated so often they've become excuses IMO.

My excuse: karma from the grammar gods. We won't win until we change the team name to the CU Bison

The intent of this thread was to lighten things up a bit. There were certain excuses I kept hearing that were annoying me. For instance, the way that people Monday Morning Quarterback and will jump all over the OC if he calls a run play on 3rd and 2 or less (but only if the play fails). I caught myself about to make a total asshole post, so decided to joke about this stuff instead. I was hoping this thread would end up funny, with people making up creative excuses. Maybe it was too soon after a loss. Strange for Allbuffs that it was so serious.

Shows you how much this one hurt would be my $0.02. I know that my wife was justified in wondering why I was in such an asshole mood last night when I go home. I had a great time at the game and guess what, it is the first time in a long time that I walked out of the game just pissed off. Much of the last couple of seasons, I walked out and was ambivalent and did not give it a thought. That has changed and I am glad.

It is starting to hurt again because you can see that the team is getting there, making progress, and just cannot get over the hump. I am getting vested in the program again. Not a bad thing and so are others.

Part of the process of recovery IMHO.

my only minor complaint is the play calling at end of regulation and ot...lets play to win and gamble with house money!....

Tsarbomba doubles down.
Stockholm syndrome. We're nearing a decade with no bowl game win.
I don't so much want to see a bowl game because I have memories. I just want high school kids with zero recollection of Colorado success to see one. Rome not built in a day. Sheesh. CU's rebuild sucks in comparison to Utah, Boise, TCU, Baylor, UCF, and so on and so forth. Your instant gratification angle is hyperbole, with a pinch of drama queen.

You just keep on judging who is and isn't a rational poster and keep dictating how fan attitude is the problem here and let me know how that works out.

I've said it before. It is possible to stand shoulder to shoulder without seeing eye to eye.

No matter how much you polish yesterday's game, or the ASU game, or 2ot versus Cal, or CSU, this is a turd of a season. Scoreboards don't lie.

"We needed something out of the opportunity at the end of the first half."

"I couldn't yell loud enough to make a difference... But I was there trying"

Back