What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's the biggest "What if" in CU football history?

The Alabaster Yak

Club Member
Club Member
I thought this was an interesting question. What if Bill McCartney didn't retire when he did? What if CU's administration didn't self-impose recruiting sanctions? What if CU hired a different coach after Barnett or after Hawkins? What are some good "what ifs" in CU football history?

what if CU hadn't left the XII for the Pac?
what if the refs hadn't given the 5th down in the Mizzou game in 1990?
what if we hadn't lost to Illinois in 1990?
what if the 1990 MNC for coaches poll hadn't gone to GIT? what if the 1990 MNC hadn't been split at all?
what if the CUAD had fired HCMM after the 2017 debacle of a season?
what if CUAD never hired Mel Tucker?

I think the biggest "what if," *by far* is what if CU had stayed in the Mountain States Conference in 1947-48 instead of jumping to the old Missouri Valley Conference to become the 7th member of what was then the "Big 6."

What if Ochs hadn’t thrown that interception against Fresno State in 2001.
I thought about this one, but the only answer I came up with was that they would have earned the right to get their ass kicked by Miami in the natty, instead of Oregon in the Fiesta. Not sure it would have mattered much in the long run.

what if Denver didn't have an NFL team?
Episode 1 Mind Blown GIF by The Office

Hokie wins /thread.

Back