What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your prediction for our conference schedule?

Regret is my middle name. Well, not my middle name exactly. But the middle name of every girl that ever dated me. It's a mystery that I never really figured out.

While thinking about Pac-12 teams we face, it's hard to forget we lost to Hawaii. We don't need the maths to know our best shots are against OSU and WSU, and that's my prediction.
Not to be redundant - well ok, to be redundant - I expect our chances are better to beat good teams at home than mediocre teams on the road. But we'll see, should be an interesting conference season. Not necessarily a satisfying one for us CU fans.

The impossible thing about these predictions is that with college football it's a different team every week.

If we get the USC, UCLA or Utah that played this week, the Buffs will get rolled. But there's also the USC that looked lost against Stanford, the UCLA that was in a funk against BYU and the Utah that struggled with Utah State.

All I know is that I'm not going into any week assuming a loss.

The impossible thing about these predictions is that with college football it's a different team every week.

If we get the USC, UCLA or Utah that played this week, the Buffs will get rolled. But there's also the USC that looked lost against Stanford, the UCLA that was in a funk against BYU and the Utah that struggled with Utah State.

All I know is that I'm not going into any week assuming a loss.
Yes, and though my confidence in the Buffs on the road is zero until they prove otherwise, any home game is a potential win. There's always a chance the visitors will be looking ahead to a "big" game, or simply make a poor showing, and the Buffs clearly (based on last season) have the ability to compete with PAC12 teams in Boulder. Most importantly, my observation is that MM's teams rarely quit, or roll over. They often tend to hang around, and if they get a couple of breaks can steal the game. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Oregon game is a toss-up decided in the final minutes - but then again it may depend on whether the "good ducks" or "bad ducks" show up.

Regret is my middle name. Well, not my middle name exactly. But the middle name of every girl that ever dated me. It's a mystery that I never really figured out.
It's also weird that all their initials were HPV even though it seems like the middle initial should be "R".

I'd love to beat Todd Graham's smug little ass and that stupid freaking head piece he wears. We should beat Wazzou to put Leach out of his misery and them looking for a new coach. We should beat an Oregon State team that Riley left pretty bare talent wise. After that, I think we have an outside shot at Arizona. Utah looked like a chance until this past weekend. Of course if we beat Oregon, we are going bowling!

Too many variables in football to make a truly worthy algorithm, and never enough data on the ever-changing teams to make a good statistical prediction. You're better off going with your hunches based on watching games, matchups, the current injuries, etc. JMHO

Run defense still has me concerned. Sefo will need to play better than he has. 2 wins, one home one road to finish 5-8. Still showing progress, even if slower than we were hoping.

Too many variables in football to make a truly worthy algorithm, and never enough data on the ever-changing teams to make a good statistical prediction. You're better off going with your hunches based on watching games, matchups, the current injuries, etc. JMHO
So wise, yet so humble.

The only game on the schedule that seems like a pretty sure loss to me is UCLA on the road.

On the other hand, none of the games feel like sure wins.

So we're gonna finish somewhere between 3-10 and 11-2.

ofer again fellas... we have seen our 3 wins. umass, nicholls, csu. We always have next year? Maybe we will get a win in conference then?

ofer again fellas... we have seen our 3 wins. umass, nicholls, csu. We always have next year? Maybe we will get a win in conference then?

A loss to the defending Pac-12 champs and you already write off the rest of the season. Thats productive.

A loss to the defending Pac-12 champs and you already write off the rest of the season. Thats productive.
just focusing on the mentality of this team of softies and poor coaching. Yep. we had a terrible offensive game plan. No mis direction, No trickery. That is how you beat a over pursuing D. Utah did it every play to include punts. Make them over pursue.

just focusing on the mentality of this team of softies and poor coaching. Yep. we had a terrible offensive game plan. No mis direction, No trickery. That is how you beat a over pursuing D. Utah did it every play to include punts. Make them over pursue.

No need to explain it. You are quitting on the season and the buffs its fine. I understand. Personally I can't. Enjoy your fall.

I know, right?!? Sure UO is down this year, but they have elite talent and almost beat MSU in Michigan.

IMO we have legit shots against OSU, WSU, AZ and an outside shot at ASU and UU. I give us zero chance against UCLA, Stanford and USC...talent differential is too great IMO. But to say we go o-fer at this point seems goofy to me.

Not sure if he is quitting but the fact of the matter is that MM can't win conference games. Care to prove otherwise?

I have said multiple times that if HCMM does not win a Pac-12 game this year he should be fired. We still have 8 games to see if he can reverse the trend.

I know, right?!? Sure UO is down this year, but they have elite talent and almost beat MSU in Michigan.

IMO we have legit shots against OSU, WSU, AZ and an outside shot at ASU and UU. I give us zero chance against UCLA, Stanford and USC...talent differential is too great IMO. But to say we go o-fer at this point seems goofy to me.

Exactly. The teams that Oregon has lost to are currently #4 and #5 in the nation.

bit of a stretch imo..

bit of a stretch imo..
I can see your point. IMO...AZ is on the table for me cuz we play in Boulder and they don't look nearly as good as last year. I did say ASU and UU were an outside shot...how far outside is a matter of perspective...we seem to always play UU well for some reason.

Back