What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

What's your preference?

What's your preference?

• Total voters
If you had to choose between Ryan Walters and Garrett Riley (basically the young coordinators who might be a tad early in their careers to be considered for bigger jobs now), who do you take? CU ties aside, I think Walters probably has the better resume as a coordinator, but I maybe lean to Riley based on pedigree and because when in doubt I prefer a coach coming from the offensive side of the ball.

If you had to choose between Ryan Walters and Garrett Riley (basically the young coordinators who might be a tad early in their careers to be considered for bigger jobs now), who do you take? CU ties aside, I think Walters probably has the better resume as a coordinator, but I maybe lean to Riley based on pedigree and because when in doubt I prefer a coach coming from the offensive side of the ball.
I think I would take Walters in a landslide here. Garrett Riley has only ever worked under offensive-minded head coaches. Since Hawkins/Petersen, I'm very wary of parsing where the responsibility of the head coach ends

Anyone else feel like this is The job interview for Walters this weekend? He dominates the huskers i fell like hes front runner.He gets worked he’s out of the running

I agree on the offensive side of the ball. I think CU needs an offensive identity that is exciting and will score points, even if that means the defense is going to suffer a bit. I also think being Lincoln Riley's brother has a number of advantages with assembling a staff, working the transfer portal, and just recruiting in general.

I could get on board with a Riley HC and defacto OC, with a more expensive, veteran DC.

Riley, and it's a very easy choice. The most important thing in football is to get great play from the QB position. So if I'm going to take a risk on a young coach who'd be learning a lot of being a HC on the job, I take a guy I know will deliver the QB position.

Recruiter
Offense
Playcaller

Excitement and accountability, aspects a CU HC hasn’t had in a longtime. Too many manager types.
Mission Accomplished Success GIF by THE NEXT STEP

To answer your question, latinas
I'm on a business trip in Mexico this week. Arrived last night and thought of this post a few times after making an observation about the women here.

This is only my second trip to Mexico (to Latin America, for that matter) -- ever.

My take is that it seems almost of the women here that are under the age of 40 put a lot of work into their appearance -- every day. The Program Manager I'm working directly with -- I just met her in person for the first time (several virtual meetings previous) -- always has her hair done, full makeup and wears a nice blouse. Today I met her in person for the first time -- at our manufacturing plant (her normal workplace) -- and wasn't surprised at all that she was wearing heels. Her appearance is fairly representative of other women her age here; they look ready to go out to a club, even when going to work or the grocery store or whatever.

I recall making the same observation about women in Romania.

In the US, I'd expect that "dress code" if we were hosting an executive customer meeting, but not for normal day-to-day stuff.

Back